1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Google Don't Use Paypal?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by PinoyIto, Feb 8, 2005.

here in the philippines in cashing foreign checks to local banks really make as sick... Local banks require as to open dollar account then deposit the said check for 2 to 3 weeks, it's really sucks.

Is there other method of payment by adsense?

PinoyIto, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    There are no other options. The only thing you can do is ask them to hold your check for up to 6 months if it will be more convenient for you at a later date.

nevetS, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats the way Google does it, if they wanted to use paypal, I am sure they would have bought it long ago before ebay got hold of it lol

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  4. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    The check problems make me wonder as well. If they dont like Paypal, they are big enough to start something like that themself.

Dirkjan, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Think about it. Send out 250,000 $100 checks by snail mail. Then all the international ones take weeks to run through the system. Think about the interest you earn by holding on to 2 million bucks for an extra two to three weeks. Inconvenient for the guy with the $112 check, but a key business strategy for the company writing the checks.

nevetS, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  6. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they should just direct deposit like Amazon and Barnes and Noble does. Google is being cheap

Haichi, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  7. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope they gonna start something by themselfs like an international google bank or so :)

stephaneggy, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  8. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Well from G perspective cheques are easy cut and forget.
    if you go electronic there are all these bounced transactions and permanent changes which are often not in time to look after.

Also G is a typical US company not yet fully realising that Europe is now bigger than US market and the rest of the world actually has some money to spend as well.

They sit in their plex wheras companies liek MSN have marketing and development offices all over the world and thus are close to the world market and local specifics.

This is the one weak area they have.
    Expat

expat, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  9. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    For those of you who received G's recent Adsense survey, do pen down a note on the improvements for payment methods... I've done just that..:)

obenix, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  10. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I personaly think the reason is that Google is not playing nice with other companys. They don't want to offer something that depends on other companys, as they want to be in control over it all. I also think that Google will open its own paypal alternative, web browser, domain registration service, <sarcasm>and a whole bunch of other crap and take over the world</sarcasam>. The end.

Josh

Josh, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  11. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard new payment options are on the way this year... so we will just have to wait and see.

my3cents, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  12. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many ways to look at G check payment
    for me - for example i receive checks 20 days after issued i.e. around 10 - 15 of following months - I have to send it overseas to a bank for cashing and have to wait until end of next month to actually have it.
    that means more or less a full 2 months delay for ME ...
    that means a full 2 months FREE money for G

multiply this with a million+ user x 300+ $ equals a 300+ million free money for 2 months ... invested in a business brings xyz $ profit without having to do a single move - just waiting and letting wait ...

that is my way to see reasons why G has no instant interest for fastest possible payout ...
    there are MUCH larger banks doing FAR larger number of transfers per months than G has - they manage - then G COULD if they WANTED
    or
    may be G is just a few decades too oldfashioned
    thats another option - possible because US banking systems are way behind top end global / european / swiss banking systems ...

hans, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  13. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to see G pays twice a month and reduces minimum payment to $50.

pg20706, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  14. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    lol pg... Dreams ;)

Well, of course Google is interested in holding money for themselves as long as possible, but on the other hand it's a matter of service they offer, when they introduce things, ppl like.
    If for example G got PayPal payment, and all the other advertising companies don't, where would you, as a PayPal member, go to? :)

2nd: Well, even if Google started something like PayPal on their own... Damn, I don't want to register at every single Online-Account-Cash-Thingie. In 5 years I end up with having 10 different of such accounts?
    No, thanks... ;)

Hijacker, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  15. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    with all the issues PayPal has about shutting down accounts, i'm not sure i would trust them with my money. Right now i have $6 in there and use it for the occasional auction. The idea is great, but i've had several friends get bent over by them and lost a LOT of money.

wendydettmer, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  16. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no doubt google will eventually come to some arrangment with an online bank/send money system linked in with adwords/adsense and their domain registration service.

l234244, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  17. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the reason they send checks if for the extra interest they gain then it is likely that they will increase the lowest limit payout.

l234244, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  18. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal can be brutal...

At some point the online bank transfer system will hookup from the US to Europe and Canada. In Canada it costs me 1.25 to transfer up to $1000.00 online to anyone with a bank account and email.

Nice.

but I really sympathize with people who have their US dollar Google cheques held. This is not actually Google's fault. Now, in some countries, currency exchanges will take US cheques at a discount. It costs something but it speeds up payment.

lingeriediva, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  19. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I use paypal occasionally, but they are brutal. If you buy something like drugs online or gamble online, they'll freeze your account. There's no real rhyme or reason to what's against their rules, and they sometimes impose them and penalize people expost facto.

Aside from the interest, I would avoid paypal if I was big G.

Also, using a service such as PayPal would give instant legitimacy to whatever service provider. Knowing that, there should be a huge benefit or incentive to Google to move forward with automated processing - something that makes more sense than a couple Million a month in interest.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  20. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As soon as google print and post, that is the end of their commitment. I have a bunch of low value cheques totalling about £120 (not from google) sat in the file, as I simply can not be bothered to go and take them to the bank. I would think that many people are the same.

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 10, 2005 IP