1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Google does not like the site?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by bonjorno, Nov 21, 2015.

Hello, why Google does not like the site? http://for-surgeons.com - only 20-30 visitors per day. Few backlinks? Or bad content?

bonjorno, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  2. kmzeron

kmzeron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion.
    - use meta keyword
    - use a correct meta description of your site
    - try to make a sitemap

kmzeron, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I haven't looked at the site, but that's an awful domain name. Hyphens are typically used as word separators for ranking purposes, but surely you're not trying to rank for "for surgeons". Why did you pick this name?

dcristo, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  4. bonjorno

bonjorno Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking. Meta description I always input manually. This is the sitemap
    http://for-surgeons.com/sitemap_index.xml

Maybe you are right, but the domain name is already picked. If I'll change it - it will be a new site )))

bonjorno, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  5. coalvic

coalvic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to improve your search engine ranking on Google with off-page & on-page SEO techniques

coalvic, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    And what's the issue? You redirect this domain to the new site.

dcristo, Nov 21, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  7. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything wrong with the domain name.
    How long have you been running it?
    That would help me understand the situation better.

rsrikanth05, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  8. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    the problem is not with google, you are the problem because you dont make your site interesting to make it rank higher. please dont blame them for your ignorance

kimanierick, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  9. luan0409

luan0409 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do advertising by using google adword. Google always love their product and always give anyone who use their product much better ranking: google plus, google adwords, google maps, youtube.... Use them all and i sure your website will rank like crazy. For me to rank: use Google plus bot to make many good account with tons of follower => anytime i post something (video or any site that customer order me) => it just like index right away and soon rank like crazy without doing anything. With Google adwords i just spend like 5$ a day no more no less focus on keywords i like, through time it will soon rank high. Google maps => just pay them to put your company there, i even use some service like google maps in my country, it bring huge traffic then..... look like i talk too much already :) Good luck, hope this help u, pm me if you need any advice

luan0409, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  10. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is on the record as saying that this is not true and many other top SEO people have stated the same thing.

As from my personal experience, I have seen that AdWords makes no difference in rankings solely from using AdWords. You might get a small bump but that's mainly because of getting extra traffic to your site through the advertising, not from using AdWords.

ulterios, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  11. luan0409

luan0409 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    pls you rather say Adwords are useless then. Or maybe your result does not work like mine. Marketing is like doing forever. If you just use it for a while, how u expect your get result then ? People just want short term thing and forget what long term system can give. You have to know tons of TOP company out there, though they are on top of their keywords, they still use Google Adword for advertising those keyword, even with FACEBOOK. What your explaination for that ?? Burn their money ?? Dont try to fool me then.

luan0409, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What keywords are you targeting?

How are you targeting them?

Matthew Sayle, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  13. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, that's not what I said at all. Read my exact words. I am saying that you get NO bump in rankings just because you are using AdWords according to Google and many SEO experts. The bump you are getting isn't just because you are using AdWords, but from the traffic your site/s are getting from going there. That could be from using AdWords. I am just saying that just because you use AdWords, THAT in itself doesn't give you the bump in rankings, the traffic does. You would get a similar bump in rankings if you were using Bing/Yahoo advertising due to the traffic increase.

I am NOT saying that AdWords doesn't help, again, please read my words correctly. You can't just sign up for AdWords, start a campaign and right away get a bump in rankings because you are now a customer of Google advertising. Yes the advertising helps sites, I don't disagree with that. I am just saying that your sites rankings are increased because of the traffic they are getting from that advertising. If they got the same amount of traffic from other similar advertising then they would get a similar increase in rankings.

ulterios, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  14. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    Adwords is advertising. Anyone who says it helps rank higher in search results is mistaken.
    Adwords only helps when you when you want to pay for more results.

I am ranked No1 in Google for various keywords and I have invested ZERO after my site went live. I've only paid for the domain and hosting. Everything else is based on what goes up.

rsrikanth05, Nov 22, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  15. bonjorno

bonjorno Peon

Best Answers:
    The site was launched in February 2015. It may be Sandbox? I do not use any off-page SEO techniques, only what users do. As for on-page techniques, I am looking for unique content, meta tags, page titles, h1, h2, formatting, images, etc.

I do not have specific keywords. My content is mainly user-generated.

Well, I think the site is interesting, at least for some people, such as doctors and maybe patients.

PS: And I have no money for Adwords.

bonjorno, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  16. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Well maybe Google doesn't like the content your users submit.

If you aren't targeting any keywords - what is there for Google to like?

Matthew Sayle, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  17. bonjorno

bonjorno Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, interesting content it is not only keywords and the overuse of keywords is not good. For example, the topic about immunization http://for-surgeons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1268 is quite interesting for physicians, and if we consider the keywords "splenectomy" and "immunization", these words are in the content.

bonjorno, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  18. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Ok, look at the current websites that are ranking for those keywords.

Why would Google choose your site over theirs?

It's all about providing better content than the competition.

If you do that, and seed it with proper backlinks - Google will eventually take notice.

19. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    Aah okie. Your site is fairly new. Don't worry about AdWords, it won't do you any harm if you don't use it.

I'd suggest you post interesting things to StumbleUpon or Reddit, once in a while. If it is something really noteworthy, it may be worthy of a Quora post.

rsrikanth05, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  20. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    This is still along the lines of throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks.

You can't do SEO without first doing keyword research.

If you aren't targeting any specific keywords - what do you expect to rank for?