1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does this site rank sooo poorly for my main keyword?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by batman4444, Feb 24, 2013.

http://html5gamer.net/
    I have built this site around the key words “HTML5 Games”, however it ranks incredibly poor for these keywords. I have tried to do some basic SEO, I am constantly adding new content, and have tried submitting a few guest posts to some reputable blogs. The site is currently a PR3, but currently ranks around 60 for “HTML5 Games”. And theses are the main targeted keywords I was trying for from the beginning. The site is well over a year old now and have never preformed well with google. Any ideas as to why? Should I get some more guest posts?

batman4444, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  2. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anything with HTML5 in it, is going to be hard to rank for as it has a lot of competition. You just have to keep on going with obtaining links and adding new content. Offer something different, unique something that people want to read and you will start getting backlinks from various places all natural after which you site 'may' start to climb up the serps. You can try and game the serps by buying links/packages but you will also run the rise of getting your site knocked back in google.

Your site as a whole looks fine, quick to load up plenty of content (make sure it's all unique content though).

J.P, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  3. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look you need to do the following
    • Keywords missing
    • Description is too long
    • Anchor tags are too much. Don't put too much anchor's
    • NO H1 tag specially for your KEYWORD only.
    • I can see you need to do many things to sort out with your site if you really want to compete the big players.
    Pm me for more SEO Consultation and I can help you out.

RULE, Feb 25, 2013 IP