1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does this site rank higher than mine

Discussion in 'Websites' started by William Martin, Feb 10, 2006.

on Google.co.uk, for the keyword

labelling machine

Why does this site rank higher then my site? I have more backlinks and more content. I would consider my site quite well optimized without being spammy, I've also got to bare in mind that is needs to be co-herent!

My site has #1 on MSN, which, in fairness, isn't difficult.

Still a hell of a lot of work to be done on my site, but the competors site, in my opinon, does not deserve to be higher than mine. My only idea is the age of the site - maybe still in the sandbox? I have an issue with this idea about sandbox because all of my other sites have avoided it - this is the only one with poor rankings and I'm piling money into link devlopment aswell. :confused: I'll save the sandbox discussion for another time though, don't want to become distracted on this thread.

Advice and opinons welcome.

William Martin, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  2. William Martin

William Martin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tell a lie. They have 3 times as many backlinks. There in lies the answer I think.

William Martin, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  3. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    You outrank it with allinanchor, theirs probably an age filter on some of your backlinks.

mdvaldosta, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  4. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

yes, it shouldn't be difficult to crack that one in time. I think you could be overdoing it with your keyword density though - I'm not convinced it well help you rank in Google, quite the opposite, and I find it distracting.

I must admit, I prefer the compact look of your site though; but I think you could make the page a bit wider, you have 60 pixels empty on the left, and 80 pixels on the right you could free up. And the font is a size too small for these tired eyes!

Cheers,
    Paz.

Paz, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  5. routed11

routed11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also throw some Alt tags on your images.

routed11, Feb 11, 2006 IP