1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does iPhone video look so bad after downloading?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by chrisj, Mar 28, 2014.

I captured some video via iPhone then attached it to an email and sent it to my desktop email client, downloaded it and played it.
    The quality was extremely sharp playing on my phone, but not sharp on the PC desktop player. What's a solution to play videos (recorded on smartphones) to play in good quality on something other then a smartphone?

chrisj, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its probably the resolution you shot it in. Grab this https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmic-classic/id541479487?mt=8

I cant believe I was able sit still for so long but I recorded my roomates kid's play at 720p. It was a about an hour and a half. Ultimately my battery ran out but the result was 720p 4.2 gig file. Its pretty freaking amazing looking actually. (mind blowing good actually)

That said, you wont be emailing something that big anywhere lol.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The solution is to transfer the files to a computer or upload it on a cloud storage. E-mailing it will compress it and will lose quality.

webcosmo, Mar 31, 2014 IP