1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why does google brand adsense ads?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by jnm, Apr 4, 2005.

i would think they would like publishers to have as much customization as possible so CTRs can just skyrocket. i wish they would let us decide which is better by allowing us the option of having the Ads by Goooooogle displayed. And, if you could get rid of the URL at the bottom of each ad, that would kick a** too (shame that whiting it out would be against the TOS).

just a little ponder - my CTR is good but i'd always like it better... :rolleyes:

justin
    SEMrush

jnm, Apr 4, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    How would they get more Publishers and Advertisers if no one had a clue it was them offering that service right there?

Why do companies do branding?

T0PS3O, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  3. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody else brands their ads like that do they? I used to track down what ad network someone had by right clicking/hovering over it to see where the link went.

I don't think Google "needs" to promote brand awareness to pull in advertisers. It does seem a little like unnecessary self-promotion really. Do TV commercials say "ads by such-and-such"? No, because the person the ad is for is paying them and the TV station to advertise their product, not the ad network/ad makers...

Doesn't really bother me that much either way, but I see the OP's point.

davedx, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Google does this to ensure that visitors are not tricked into clicking ads.

This is to ensure that Advertisers are getting value for their money.

Remember: Google cares about Advertisers.

Publishers? Sure... whatever...

Will.Spencer, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    All of the ad networks i've seen brand like that. They have a line saying ads by adsensor or ads by clicksor, etc. it only makes sense that google makes it so people can easily identify where to advertise.

They rely on individuals putting them up on their sites and while it may be a product well known throughout the SE community, you can't assume that others will know what they are.

wendydettmer, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  6. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree it is obvious why they do it.

But do we really need Ads by Goooooogle? Ads by Google would be good enough!

MattL, Apr 5, 2005 IP