1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does everybody hate paypal?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by guo9810, Apr 16, 2013.

Paypal seems to be pretty good in my few years of using it. Just never log in outside of the city that you made the account on, and you'll be fine.

I did accidentally log on once in hawaii and once in china, both resulting in locks, but the locks quickly ended after i scanned a simple picture proving my address.

It's really not that hard, and just for security.

guo9810, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  2. ScroLun

ScroLun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Paypal has a reputation for freezing internet marketer's accounts and holding the money for months on end. I've never personally had this issue but I know some people who have and it wasn't nice. I heard that they will soon release an update to their system which will put an end to the automated freezing which is great for us online marketers.

ScroLun, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  3. guo9810

guo9810 Member

Best Answers:
    Neither have I, but I don't do marketing for my paypal money

guo9810, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  4. Nancy_links

Nancy_links Banned

Best Answers:
    The big negative aspect of paypal is its automatic ac limited system, paypal guys dont use their brain and only trust their automatic system coz they are not hard working.
    Once upon a time, I received $500 into my paypal ac and paypal limited my ac without any reason, they told me, there are some unusual activities but there is nothing like this, it makes me to hate paypal.

Nancy_links, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  5. josechukkiri

josechukkiri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that every body hate paypal.

josechukkiri, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  6. akram210712

akram210712 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal hold the money for 6months if they notice any unusual transaction. Thats the reason few people hate paypal.

akram210712, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  7. lorienm

lorienm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paypal routinely places limitations on accounts with unusually large transactions. I've been with paypal for many years. Occasionally, I had a few problems with transactions and found paypal to be very helpful and they took appropriate action on my behalf. No problems here.

lorienm, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  8. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because we can't contact to security team. If your account is permanent limited , you are finally gone.

humtuma, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  9. parsons130

parsons130 Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you use it with Ebay (which owns PayPal) they each take a stake on your final sale, which is kind of a ripe off. Anyway for PayPal itself they have an automated system that is quit terrible. All it takes is one people to file a complaint and PayPal will deem you "a risk" and they can limit your account at any time.

I am not kidding when I say this. My PayPal account was limited because I sold a domain name and I didn't include a tracking (shipping) number. I called PayPal and asked what can I do this was a domain, thinking the buyer had disputed (even sent him an email wondering why he would dispute)... PayPal told me it wasn't disputed they just wanted to know why I didn't include a shipping number. Anyway the guy I was on the phone with said "no problem, I'll send this to our review team and let them no and the limit should be lifted"..... A day or so later I get an email stating my account was now limited for 180 days. I called PayPal wondering why this was and I am NOT kidding when I say this, a women from PayPal said and I quote "We don't care about our sellers" - no that is NOT out of context. Yes, I was shocked. I then tried to be a smartass and said "Well, I guess I won't be using PayPal ever again." the woman just said "Yeah, that's why we limited you."..... I just wanted to start digging a hole at that point and crawl in.

Anyway, you can find tons of terror stories like mine (even way worse) about how they just randomly limit accounts. My account was limited with over $2,000 and I had to wait 180 days before I could touch it.

parsons130, May 9, 2013 IP
  10. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I use paypal for everything, but yes, it is a rule unto themselves and i hate that.
    Did you know that anything (and i mean ANTHING) sold on ebay, that is delivered without insurance / signed delivery can be charged back and of course, all the buyers will refuse to pay the extra.
    (I have had little shits on ebay win the auction, fully agreed to the fees when bidding, but then when it is time to pay they pull out a calculator and demand to know why it is XX cents over the exact postage costs, in 90% of times i actually lose money on postage, but the little shits refuse to pay 1 cent above what they think they should. Paying $1 extra for insurance is "unthinkable" for them, but it is still essential for the seller to pay for this as it protects the seller NOT the buyer.)

Not only that, but as soon as you do a chargeback (or at least if you are Australian) paypal steals the money from your account and holds it. That means if it is a large amount, you risk overwithdrawel fees from your bank, and again, if it is a large amount and you have other expenses going through (like mortgage) then suddenly your in some deep shit.

Even if you quickly resolve it and paypal finds it in your favour, the money then goes to your paypal account, and 3 days (and a fee depending if it is below the minimum) and you can then put your own money back into the account.
    so as an occasional seller on ebay, i have been fucked,( I buy more then i sell anyway).

Here is my experience as a buyer. A while ago i hired a webdesigner to work for me. I hired someone with a fantastic portfolio, I was happy to pay a high rate as I wanted really good results. Weeks later with no contact with the guy at all, i had no choice but to file a chargeback, instantly the guy contacts me, convinces me to close the dispute to give him another week to complete it and to open another dispute if i needed to later....

So in my stupidity, i close the dispute, put a note in paypal that I was closing it only to give the guy more time to deliver... and never heard from the designer again. Went to open the paypal dispute, and well, it is impossible, they fight you as they claim it was "resolved" bullshit. Wasnt resolved, they could see the guy never responded to it at all, they could see my note, but they kept sending me the automated replies saying that it has already been resolved...

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    matt_62, May 9, 2013 IP
  11. jatinlife

jatinlife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Withdraw Money from PayPal - Don't Mess Up!

The other day I closed an account of mine that was the default account in PayPal. Then I went to withdraw some money. It, of course, went to my default account which doesn't exist anymore. I sent in a support request about trying to cancel the transfer which got the great response "withdrawals cannot be canceled". So, now what? Does my money just disappear? No response from PayPal.

jatinlife, May 9, 2013 IP
  12. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main reason people sometimes speak badly of PayPal is that they limit your account if you provide incorrect information about yourself.

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP
  13. Vikash Frank Mor

Vikash Frank Mor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the main reason is that it take commission for transactions. Everybody want free tool and things.
    I will say that paypal is very good way to transfer money Internationally. It save you time and efforts.
    So guys, don't hate paypal.

Vikash Frank Mor, May 9, 2013 IP
  14. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most people who've stated "They hate Paypal" did not take the time to thoroughly read Paypal's Terms of Service on their website. Paypal essentially takes the same security precautions to protect themselves against suspicious fraudulent activities as any financial institution would implement whenever a customer of theirs receives a large sum deposit in their account. Paypal isn't separated from the bank; whatever funds Paypal receives is deposited into their merchant bank account just like if you were to receive funds into your merchant bank account as a business then it is release whenever a Paypal customer requests a withdrawal or it may be held for 180 days as Paypal specified in their Terms of Service.

It's unfortunate some of you have experience limitations placed on your Paypal account or unprofessional customer service on Paypal's end but you have to understand at the end of the day after all Paypal is a business! So follow the rules or find another alternative payment processor to handle whatever specific business transactions that you need.

muffet, May 9, 2013 IP
  15. aanpw

aanpw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I HATE PAYPAL

aanpw, May 9, 2013 IP
  16. vallen Mcgill

vallen Mcgill Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love paypal, because of Paypal today I am here and earning my bread and better. Only those people hate paypal who use fake information for creating it and at last caught up by Paypal and lose their Paypal.

vallen Mcgill, May 12, 2013 IP
  17. arggalink

arggalink Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with you, because by paypal I can get more earning from online

arggalink, May 13, 2013 IP
  18. JoAn Davis

JoAn Davis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, I like Paypal it has helped me for years to get money or to send money to companies.:p

JoAn Davis, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  19. Elizabeth90

Elizabeth90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    different people have different choices dear.! i like paypal because we can easily shopping online in millions of websites.!

Elizabeth90, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  20. Rocksrahul784

Rocksrahul784 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paypal is an easy option to send my money from ad network to my bank. They currency conversion charge may be 4%. Am I right?

Rocksrahul784, May 16, 2017 IP