1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do we even fool with designing for IE?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Firejerm, Jul 14, 2010.

1. doconline

doconline Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately because of their market share we still have to support the browsers, maybe over time this will change but i doubt it, some people do like Microsoft, they feel safe with it (for some reason)

doconline, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  2. Tiedemies

Tiedemies Peon

Best Answers:
    IE is a pain in the butt. I just cannot understand why we should hack/use special coding for one browser when everything works like it should on EVERY other browser.

Tiedemies, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  3. Zavrion

Zavrion Peon

Best Answers:
    Because the people who buy things use IE, its that simple. FireFox users tend to have the mindset of rebellious teenager, and think they're entitled to basically anything and everything. If people who use FireFox, Chrome, Opera, etc. start buying things in a dramatically larger volume there would be an incentive to throw IE under the bus. The majority of people who want to throw do away with IE are developers, designers, and their friends who have to hear about how much IE sucks every single day. If you create more site-templates and get more experience developing for IE isn't that big a deal.

Zavrion, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Said Steve Ballmer as he threw his chair at the mere mention of Google. What a ridiculous statement.
    iow, the people who know better
    Spoken like a true amateur. Tried serving XHTML lately? Doesn't work in IE. Tried any CSS3 stuff lately? Doesn't work in IE. Tried using SVG? Doesn't work in IE. Tried using DOM standards from 12 years ago? Doesn't work in IE. Tried using the current javascript standard? Doesn't work in IE. Tried some of the new HTML5 stuff? Doesn't work in IE.

Need I go on?

drhowarddrfine, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  5. ultimaterinks2006

ultimaterinks2006 Member

Best Answers:
    Well It is true that IE is not as good as all other browsers in market specially if you take the case of html5 most of the features of html5 is not supported in IE 8.but as microsoft has promised that they will remove all these errors in IE9; so lets hope that we will get something better.

ultimaterinks2006, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft likes to make promises they have no intention of keeping. Look at IE7 and IE8. There are lots of better things in IE9 preview but there are lots of things Microsoft does not mention and things not working in the preview that makes people who care worried.

What drives me crazy is all this talk about a browser that won't be out for a year; maybe two. All other browsers update every month or so yet Microsoft can't seem to put one together for years and poorly at that. How can you put trust in something like that?

drhowarddrfine, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  7. submitmaster

submitmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why because a good % of people in the world still use IE, i would say 50% or so..........

submitmaster, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  8. Dimon003

Dimon003 Peon

Best Answers:
    I realy think that being the most used is at least one definition of popular.

Dimon003, Aug 2, 2010 IP