1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do u think 80% of webpreneurs don't earn more than 100 USD per month?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mac83, Aug 28, 2007.

1. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The point is that when searching in Google, for DNA exist 171 mil. pages. For story 440 mil. pages and also for sex.

And about DNA the topics change and advance once in a while, but for stories: every nanosecond. There are new stories constantly. For example I did not know who is Jovanka Trumph, but when the The Apprentice season started, her name for a week was in the top 5 searches on Yahoo. Afterwards her name disappeared.

In the DNA world does not exist the Trump's, Hollywood, Music, Sharon Stone and SEO. But these are the topics that can be constantly updated even with stupid story like: Mrs. Stone is seen on the New Your highway, etc...

I hope you get my point.

Regards

It's just the case that nobody will

SKxprt, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. zcpro

zcpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique ideas pay more, but require a lot of work. It seems like there are to many people trying to make a "quick buck"

zcpro, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted a long comment on your post, but I cannot see it.

I will just comment in short now.

The idea behind that trend is the fact that first of all limited number of people are interested in DNA and RNA structure. Even more, some people have bad memories while studying it, so they would not like to hear about it.

And about the gossips - this is what is mostly presented to us by the means of television, radio, online chats, forums and blogs and also these topics never end. It's a big tunnel with no end because every day a celebrity goes somewhere (shopping for example) and we are programmed from children that we should be interested where they go, what they do, also that they represent success, and at the end of the day we end up living their lives, not ours. Like this, people will not make a difference in the world because they will not fight for their lives, but for the idea that celebrities lives represent.

I do not want to offend anyone with this answer, just to post my opinion.

Regards

SKxprt, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  4. guk6kk

guk6kk Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people do it for money and not for passion. That is why they barely earn $100 per month. All they do is try to get into get rich quick schemes by spamming and so on.

guk6kk, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  5. guk6kk

guk6kk Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahahahah! Nice one! :D. Yes, I am currently having bad times studying stuff like that lol.

guk6kk, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  6. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, so do you think if a webmaster decide to devote more time into his/her projects, his earnings would go up?

ForgottenCreature, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    because they spend 30 hours a week on DP getting 50 posts a day so they can sell sigs, rather then working on more content for their own pages.

Qryztufre, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  8. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Qryztufre, absolutely!

SEOLinker, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  9. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I notice that most of you have sites based on IM.

I would like to know how many people successfully making this kind of money with non-IM sites.

Seems harder to me.

rolf, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not hard to make money with non-IM sites. It's all in whether you know enough about your subject to make you somewhat of an authority (so readers have a reason to come to you), whether you're willing to provide real quality, and whether or not you know how to market and monetize the niche effectively. The last parts are what kill a lot of websites.

jhmattern, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  11. shaun12345

shaun12345 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have to say i agree with adamjthompson on this one but also i think it maybe that there not fully involed with there sites and get bored thinking they will never make it!

shaun12345, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  12. marketingconsultant

marketingconsultant Guest

Best Answers:
    That sums up the answer to this thread perfectly. People think the internet is a place to get rich quick, hell look at half the signatures on this forum.

marketingconsultant, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  13. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    i will say ..

its a business and it needs investment and continous investment..

investment is needed and 3 types of them

knowledge idea or brain (what ever u call it)

time 0r effort (what ever u say hard or soft work)

Cash or credit card or e-money (lot of webmasters dont have it or dont want to invest online)

well to be honest i never did mainstream but i was successful in other types of business.. and i have seen how much cost can add up quickly for advertising programming content design etc to make it the best and break out the barrier..

lot of webmaster thinks they can put a blog a earn 100$ a day.. or mass blog of spam and make 100$ a day.. or buy xrumer type scam bots and make 100$ a day.. until they find they have nothing to sell.. and whatever they are selling as affiliate is already oversaturated by 100 000 other webmasters.. when someone else comes with the same product to sell him.. he say go away I have no money to waiste.. imagine he doesnt have money to waiste but he is promoting it to rip other innocent peoples.. this type of webmasters when they find making 100$ a day or month is hard they get fed up and gets out of this arena or just dont put anymore effort doing whatever they were doing..

surf4fun, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  14. RockDiesel

RockDiesel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I learned a few things from this thread. Some things to do and some things not to do. Thanks everyone for sharing.

RockDiesel, Aug 31, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  15. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i've avoided tons of mistakes just from reading these forums

Top 5 reasons why people fail online

• They Do to much in the beginning and burn themselves out, either energy wise or financially
    • Not enough time
    • Not enough patience
    • Get caught up in buying too many ebooks, & putting themselves in debt when none of them work.
    • Believe that they need to be in contact with the big boys, or have a PhD in internet marketing to succeed.

ExpertForumGuy, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  16. Cheatingcatcher

Cheatingcatcher Peon

Best Answers:
    Reading/posting instead of taking action
    Lack of focus
    Not treating it as a business
    Unless you can do Adwords like a pro, from the start, it's not instantly gratifying. It takes time to see results.

Most importantly, I think it's because people think making money online is easy as opposed to simple. It's simple to make money online, however, it's never truly easy. At least not for me. It takes real, honest, work. You have to be prepared to put in 1-3+ hours per day.

Jason

Cheatingcatcher, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  17. domregchief

domregchief Peon

Best Answers:
    They are too focussed on immediate returns.. I was one of them in 2006..

A fair investment [ People, Marketing etc. ] combined with quality content has been the secret to my success. I saw a 6x improvement when I started focusing my effort on 2 sites instead of the 8 I was trying to manage in the initial days.. planning to add a 3rd one towards the end of the year.

domregchief, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  18. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your third site.

I do agree with you. When we have two projects in the same time, we are already dispersing our energy in two places. Thus neither one will be done with our full effort and concentration. The thing is to work one by one.

After we finish one project, start and finish the other one.

It's the same with the sites. Firstly work one 1 site. Do whatever you are doing and after some time you will feel prepared that you can also work on 1 more. Than work on them for some time and than the third one, etc...

It's a good practice and it does brings results both in our job and in our lives.

Regards

SKxprt, Sep 2, 2007 IP