1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do u think 80% of webpreneurs don't earn more than 100 USD per month?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mac83, Aug 28, 2007.

1. drewfreeman

drewfreeman Banned

Best Answers:
    Because, once they figure out how to make more than $1000 per month, they began "guarding" their secret with their life.

drewfreeman, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  2. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Lack of focus and a plan.

John Guanzon, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That statement was applying the 80/20 rule and was referring to affiliate marketing.

dcristo, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  4. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that a lot of newbies treat the internet like it is a big machine that has set rules for success. The reality is that on the internet you are dealing with people, just like anywhere else. There is no exact formula for success - it isn't like a math class where if you just study hard you will do well. It takes good communication skills and some luck, and most people trying their luck at being an online entrepreneur don't have this.

cashmirrors, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  5. CyrusNguyen

CyrusNguyen Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true to alot of response. Due to lack of motivation and lack of dedication will not make anyone 100 bucks a month. Persistent and dedication says it all.

CyrusNguyen, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  6. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Where did you get the 80% statistic?

ArcticPro, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  7. mjereb2

mjereb2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why many don't succeed?
    If you want to run an internet business, you need: a graphic designer, a programmer, a marketing guru and someone who knows how the internet is developing. You think you can manage all this? You are wrong. You need partners.

mjereb2, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can't, but an awful lot of successful online entrepreneurs do all of the work themselves, especially in the beginning. Bringing on partners as you grow is something entirely different, b/c of the increase in workload, but it's definitely not necessary to make a nice income on the Web.

jhmattern, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  9. Sutocu

Sutocu Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's just that to reach the initial $100 you need either pure luck, or a lot of determination. Many don't get the luck, and are not determined enough. Some try to build an online business purely on the luck, and that doesn't work either.

Sutocu, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  10. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you get the 80% number? I always assume that $100 is pretty easy to break for anyone in their first few months as it's not a large number.

Kudos with the poster above, many successful (it's subjective) web entrepreneurs that I know work by themselves and only outsource if they really can't handle it. This results in a basic knowledge on photoshop, a little web design and a little writing skill ;).

cherry_yuya, Aug 29, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  11. kev13

kev13 Member

Best Answers:
    People just don't take the action that needs to be taken to make money online.

I have shown people how to get traffic to their site and they email back a couple of weeks later and say its not working, but when I ask what actions they have taken or how many post or articles they have done in that time they say "well none". They are not doing what it takes.

Take consistant action every day and you will earn money on the Internet!

kev13, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  12. davidv

davidv Member

Best Answers:
    because they get extremely side track and spend too much on the forums overloading themselves with information instead of executing ;X

davidv, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  13. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also agree on this comment.

Making partnerships is a very different thing than just being a webmaster and trying to earn money.

Having partners requires a full set of skills (communication, organization, agreements, completing dead lines, etc...) but all of them to be seen from a different angle!

When promoting on the Internet you are acquiring short/long term customers, but at the end of the day they are customers. If you loose one, tomorrow most probably another will come. But, if you loose a partner - you loose a lot: money, resources, skills, support and also ideas which might cost you much more than the agreed percentage.

Regards

SKxprt, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  14. nirvananet

nirvananet Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed a trend on MyBlogLog the number of blogs dedicated to gossip or making money online..

Lack of imagination can be a problem too.;)
    In my niche they are only 3 or 4 blogs and I m on of these however it requires very big expertise to talk about that topic.

One time I wrote an article about something related to DNA and rNA the Adsense on that page is about $4 a click yet people keep creating site about gossip/Online money making where Adsense pays between $0.10 and $0.50

nirvananet, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  15. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree on the second part. People don't experiment, if they did they would be more successful. Take John Chow for example, he experiments lots of Affiliates and money making methods so he makes money himself.

Also I would say the biggest thing in being a web entrepreneur is if you have a website, it has to be original.

One of a kind websites do the best, Digg was the first of its kind, it was most successful, now others copy Digg like Pligg, they are slightly successful because they got the second opportunity, and now other sites copy Digg but they are the third comers. They aren't original anymore, so they don't make a good income.

You have to be the first in what your doing to make it work.

They keys are originality, content, quality. It doesn't matter if you spend a x,xxx on investing your forum, if it doesn't have the three parts mentioned above all you will get is un-orignial forum posters.

Ratman2050, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  16. cobracrk

cobracrk Banned

Best Answers:
    probably because they must invest money, to make money.. and it's a risky thing...
    Most of the newbies don't have any money... and are just trying to get the BIG Cash fast...

Another thing would be the scams... I've seen a lot of ebooks, articles etc, on how to get rich over the internet...
    80% of them are pure shit...

If you want to earn money, you need originality!

cobracrk, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  17. uniqueasitis

uniqueasitis Peon

Best Answers:
    First they do not advertise their website so they never get any visitors.
    Second their content is lacking.
    Third as phpgator said they reinvent the wheel.
    Fourth, they pick the wrong subjects and/or products. Only certain things work well

uniqueasitis, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  18. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Time, lack of knowledge and false information.

Time - People seem to think that earning money online by setting up a site is a quick process and then find that it's much more work than they first thought and therefore have not got enough time to spend on their project.

Lack of Knowledge - Putting a site online and making money from it is not as easy as some people think. First of all you have to get a website. Most people can't design so they then purchase a script of the shelve which is not really the best option. After they have the script they put ads on and don't really know the best ads to choose. Some people get so excited about earning money from their ads that they decide the way of earning more is to increase their ads on each of their pages, which really only diggs their site in a much earlier grave than with a less amount of ads that will only earn them more in the long run. Advertising the site is another thing, people tend to think it's easy or it's not to difficult to get traffic. I personally find that getting traffic to a site can be more harder and take a longer process than actually designing the site and adding new content to it each day.

False Information - People tend to hear things that there are people making a lot of the web. Yes this is true, but a large majority of people are not. There are much more people that are making no money than what are making a good decent amount of money. If someone says they earning their living online, people that have never earn't from the internet suddenly think you must be raking it in when in fact you are not. They then try it and find out the hard way that it's not as easy as they first thought.

john269, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  19. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    another aspect that i think being also not able to achieve 100$ mark myself so far is that people like me are not technically sound and has very little knowledge of programming/software skills.......thats hampering my earning potential :eek:

maverick123, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  20. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most people are looking to make a "quick buck" or find that "get rich quick scheme" and don't realise that making money on the internet is like any other business.

Quite simply, their kids.

This has been even more apparent since we launched AdToll and people are adding sites that are quite simply just sub-standard with no real chance of doing anything. Then we will e-mails from these same people asking why they only made 10c today and not $10. Oh I have to bite my tongue, let me tell you. haha

I do think a lot of people do have a high expectation of making money online and they don't realise it actually does take some work and dedication not just a slapped together site with content stolen from all over the place with random ads scattered here and there with no real thought gone into it.

ruby, Aug 29, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.