1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do u think 80% of webpreneurs don't earn more than 100 USD per month?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mac83, Aug 28, 2007.

So I would like to have your opinions about the webpreneurs who are desperate to make money online. They start a blog, write a couple of articles, submit their articles to article directories, digg, stumble and do all things they read on other blogs and forums. But Can't break the 100 USD per month barrier.?

So guys what are the obstacles that these webpreneurs are facing and what are they missing?

I think they are not persistent. What do you think?

mac83, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    uniqueness and time. Most people try to reinvent the wheel on several things and are not creative enough to come up with unique ideas and concepts. A good portion of those that do have a unique idea, either don't know how to market it or have no marketing budget to really do the necessary marketing to make their sites successful. This is just my opinion from what I've seen. :)

PHPGator, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing that most webpreneurs who are not making money are suffering from one of these problems:

1. They are just playing at it. It's probably just a hobby, or perhaps they just aren't committed.

2. They don't know how to market, and either aren't sure how to learn, or maybe don't even know that they need to learn to market.

~Adam

adamjthompson, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  4. scriptillusion

scriptillusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Go big or Go home. Check out the program in my signature. I'm not saying sign up, but use that type of thinking. The more the merrier. As much autopilot as possible, yada, yada, yada, but it works. Initial time investment doing it right, then be able to sit back and let the sites do the work for you.

scriptillusion, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  5. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they put all their eggs in one basket....

and it's usually a very small basket.

with no handles :]

ExpertForumGuy, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  6. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    Not enough knowledge.

Gatorade, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  7. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    As someone else said, they're just messing around. They're not webprenuers, their hobbyists. Of course, if its just a hobby and not a business, it will be treated as a hobby. Time will only be added when "there's time" to play around with the hobby.

Also, I think a lot of people give up too easily as well. Like you said, they throw up a blog, make a couple of posts, try doing some linking, try the social media hook, and they aren't making $100 a month, so they give it up. If they were to continue to try day-in and day-out, it would eventually be at $100 A DAY and they could have a very sustainable business growing. Most people still consider the internet as a get rich quick "scheme" and by throwing up a website today, you'll be an overnight internet millionaire tomorrow.

Voasi, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  8. frkr

frkr Peon

Best Answers:

Not 100% accurate. My websites aren't a 'career', but rather a very well payed hobby :)

frkr, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  9. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    First check of $100 usually takes the longest time to get, but once you get it you won`t even take half the time to reach your first $1000.

Most of the time new guys try to earn $1000 first before reaching the $100 goal. Do remember getting first $100 cheque is not about $100, its about struggling to make it, learning new things constantly, working 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week, building relationship with others, doing mistakes and improving them, getting banned from forums and websites. This is an experience every successful SEO, online marketeers, webmaster have tasted, and ask them, they still cherish it,.

Don`t try to take shortcuts, and you will able to reach $10,000 pretty soon.

nandini, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  10. craiger22

craiger22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think alot of webprenuers just hear about how much some people are making and try to jump on the bandwagon. They buy some get rich quick ebooks from ebay, and are just in it for a quick buck. They lack dedication, and get frustrated when a new website doesnt start out earning the big bucks.

craiger22, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  11. spidro

spidro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    another reason being lazy to do what you have to do , so they don't earn too much

spidro, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  12. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of online entrepreneurs are just flat out lazy. They want money quickly, and don't want to put the effort into really working (and more importantly learning).

They don't put the effort into learning about the basics of running a business first (the admin and finance sides of things).

They don't put the time and energy into learning how to properly market themselves - most just act like sheep following the latest marketing fads discussed in forums (often from people who don't know what the hell they're talking about beyond following the same trends themselves).

If you want to make it in online business:

1. Treat it like you would an offline business - take yourself and your work seriously or you can't expect others to. Also, make sure you understand both the benefits and the downsides of working for yourself - don't just assume it's all sleeping in and working in your pajamas.

2. Learn about business basics before jumping in, and make sure your business is set up legally depending on where you live (or you might be sorry come tax time or find yourself in trouble in other ways).

3. Learn about marketing (and not from the so-called Internet marketing gurus - learn from people who really understand the concepts). Pick up marketing textbooks (here are a few free online textbooks related to business and marketing). Learn about offline marketing. If you don't understand the fundamentals, you'll never be more than just another webpreneur following everyone else.

4. Write a solid business and marketing plan, and make sure you have a viable business model and a demand with your target market.

5. Work your ass off. Working online isn't the "easy way out" for making money independently. If you want to build a business with any kind of serious long-term potential, you'll work harder (not less) than someone working a 9-5 job.

jhmattern, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    adamjthompson likes this.
  13. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lot of people don't want to spend money to make money..

also they don't do experiment on their own

ahkip, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  14. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:

I agree on the points above.

At first you have to know something about business and marketing in general and than start going deeper in your business area. You always have to be with open mind and share your experience, do not think that your idea is the most unique one and try to hide it. We live in an open world.

Another issue that I would stretch is your personal point of view. I read in this book about a guy who was working just blow the New York stock exchange. After some time he realized that so much money is passing through him and he just needs to open up for them and get his share.

The idea behind his claim is that money transfers are done using satellites and daily huge amounts of money pass through is in the air and we know nothing about it.

Another point that he had was that we always have to act friendly with everyone (friends, colleagues, business associates). If we start acting as we want to take their money, a constant blockade appears and we will earn nothing or much less that what we could earn.

If we act friendly, eventually, in the middle of normal conversation, someone will tell us that he/she heard about a company that is really going sky rocket on the stock exchange and buying some stocks in the next 24 hours will bring us great revenues.

The same guy is now a filthy millionaire, owning a big number of companies in different areas of business and he is doing fine.

I hope you agree on the above points.

Regards

SKxprt, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  15. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i also agreed with what jhmattern mentioned above.

And would like to add most of them not making $100 - because their are not focusing on their site contents, never set a target market and easily give up or jumping from one subject to another subject before even putting the real effort to produce the result.

kenbiz, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  16. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I may have had a bit of different experience than some. :)

My first website was a poker site. It was just a hobby at the time and an idea I got from seeing someone else's site. It started earning around $15 once or twice a week.

One day I got an email from someone threating to come to my home town and sue me for copying his site.

After that I completely fell for his bull shit and took down the entire site. I later decided to make a site just discussing poker in general and added some affiliate programs to it.

Nothing happened for awhile, but I always kept checking the 10 or so affiliate programs I was signed up with and I finally got my first $50 sign on bonus.

To make a long story short, I wound up making between $200 to $300 a day off of this site but it eventually just dropped from the search engines as did the income.

What can you gain from my experience?

Probably nothing, but it was fun sharing it.

Gatorade, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    zan23 likes this.
  17. stickycarrots

stickycarrots Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they are just idiots. If you can't make money online you aren't trying. Find something unique that people will want. You have to make people want to purchase from you (no matter what the service is) or they just won't do it.

It takes time as well. You can't just jump into things. Some very good points have been made and if you're not making any money, you should read some of the suggestions in this thread :p

stickycarrots, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  18. ilikenwf

ilikenwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dangit! I have 2 great ideas, but I donno where to start, since I would need an army of coders, cash that I don't have, and other things...on top of all that I'm a college student.

Right now, I am stuck doing "old bag" techniques, which do make money, but not as much as I could if I had what I needed to build my ideas.

ilikenwf, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  19. zan23

zan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree in that it takes time if you want to be a successful earner online. There really isn't a such thing as easy money, and you can't just give up if you don't earn much right away.

zan23, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  20. red010b37

red010b37 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to sat that it is all about the ground work. i have spent months going nowhere well it seems that way. but it looks like im on the verge of taking my next step. YAY

red010b37, Aug 28, 2007 IP