1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do people leave on check out page?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by St-Costello, Feb 2, 2015.

Hi guys,
    I need your advice. I have an on-line shop with only one digital product. I'm selling the instruction which helps people to build the robot at home. I have a traffic to the site and about 2-3% of visitors click the "Become a member" button and move to a very simple and straightforward check-out page. But then most of them leave.
    Can you please try to go trough the whole process like a buyer which is interested in purchase and tell me why would you leave. Of course, I do not expect that you will buy it - just terminate the process before submitting your payment details.
    It will take one or two minutes.
    The landing page is http://seeknsneak.com/?page_id=22

I am opened to any criticism, so please be honest.
    Thank you in advance.

St-Costello, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Several reasons.

- Some people are unable to use Paypal (rejected CC/DC in the past).
    - Not enough trust to the site. Try various themes to find out which one works the best.
    - $19 is not a steal by any means. $10 would've been a bit more affordable. Keep in mind some of the info you share, can probably be found online - free.
    - In addition to the point above. Maybe having a free membership trial (with limited access to the manuals, etc.) would pique more curiosity and your members will be more likely to upgrade to paid membership as a result.

qwikad.com, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my own opinion....

#1 there's no call to action or any focus to drive traffic to the join page.

#2 Your Join button is horrible. I could see people just clicking to see what the hell it's about.

#3 Your registration page is bland. And while it IS simple... it's too simple. For me it seems like I'm not getting anything of quality by joining. Plus the join page looks like you have to read. It's boring.

#4 What are you getting for $19??? I still don't know so why would I give you $19? Why would I give you even $10? You haven't done a well enough job describing what a consumer gets for joining and why they should join and pay you.

#5 This is very high tech. Most people may click out of sheer curiosity and nothing more.

#6 PayPal looks unprofessional. Some people won't even bother using PayPal.

My advice would be to focus on what you are getting by joining. Bullet out the perks. Have a clear call to action. Change your Join button. Spruce up your join page to recap everything they are getting.

NetStar, Feb 2, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. kamionsofor

kamionsofor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No SSL :)

kamionsofor, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  5. St-Costello

St-Costello Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for practical advises!

St-Costello, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  6. St-Costello

St-Costello Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think it is better now?
    The landing page is the same: https://seeknsneak.com/?page_id=22
    P.S. NetStar, I did not change the button, as it is purely the matter of taste. I believe that if I change it, somebody else won't like it. However, I would be glad to hear some general advice on how this button should look like.

St-Costello, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said the button/image is hideous -- in many ways I think you are overlinking to it resulting in people who aren't willing to shell out ten bucks landing on that page anyways.

Even if they were going there intentionally your form is below the fold even at 2560x1440, you've got WAY too much whitespace and questionable accessibility on the form. Visually, the alignment of the labels and their inputs seems to be an inconsistent willy-nilly mess...

... and under the hood it's a laundry list of how NOT to code a form... tables for layout, no fieldsets...

Though the entire site is the typical train-wreck of how not to build a website that one can expect "when turdpress met fivey". That stupid idiotic malfing "let's wrap the html tag a half dozen times in IE CC's to cover up developer ineptitude" bull that Paul Irish came up with, static style in the markup, the endless pointless inlined style for nothing, endless pointless scripting for nothing, endless pointless DIV, ID's and classes for NOTHING, comment placements that could be tripping rendering bugs, jQuerytard BS -- hardly a shock it's painfully slow to watch the site load when even the markup is a bloated mess; to the tune of averaging 25k of markup for every 1k of plaintext -- anywhere from two to three times as much code as should have been used.

Even your URI's don't exactly engender trust, since people REALLY seem to prefer meaningful URI's instead of ?page_id=22.

Basically if you don't know what's wrong with this:
    <body class="page page-id-22 page-template-default custom-background custom-font-enabled single-author">
    <div id="page" class="hfeed site">
    	<header id="masthead" class="site-header" role="banner">
    		<hgroup>
    			<h1 class="site-title"><a href="https://seeknsneak.com/" title="Seek N&#039; Sneak" rel="home">Seek N&#039; Sneak</a></h1>
    			<h2 class="site-description">Your robust robotic pet.</h2>
    		</hgroup>
    Code (markup):
    or this:
    <div class="menu-menu-1-container"><ul id="menu-menu-1" class="nav-menu"><li id="menu-item-20" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-20">
    Code (markup):
    You might want to back the **** away from they keyboard and either learn what's wrong with that, or hire someone with a clue to either throw turdpress in the trash or bend it over the counter to make it their prison *****.

Just to give you an idea what I mean, it's highly unlikely if I had written that same page that the header part above would read much more than:
    </head><body>

<div id="top">
    	<h1>
    		<a href="https://seeknsneak.com/">
    			Seek N' Sneak
    		</a><br />
    		<small>Your robust robotic pet.</small>
    	</h1>
    Code (markup):
    While that menu snippet would read:
    <ul id="mainMenu">
    	<li>[code]

99.999% of layouts the 'need' for anything more than that is nothing more than developer ineptitude and/or ignorance. Of course that said heading is either busted or content-cloaked is probably not helping you a whole lot either in visitor retention and probably gets you slapped down by the search engines in the process.
    Code (markup):

deathshadow, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the matter of personal taste. It's not effective. Your join BUTTON should be just that... It doesn't look like a button...it doesn't look like a join button that someone would notice at quick glance. Thumbs up for an attempt at being creative however it does NOT work. To be blunt....it's absolutely stupid, amateurish, and doesn't accomplish what you need it to do. If you keep it then you might as well disregard all other advice in this thread and close your site because you aren't open for change.

NetStar, Feb 6, 2015 IP