1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do newbie marketers fail?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MarketerRon, Jan 17, 2014.

1. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I believe too and I've done just that. Stay tuned.

MarketerRon, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  2. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    In short, you must crawl before you walk.

3. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice!

4. brandoMarks

brandoMarks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the hardest thing for new online marketers is picking something that they are not able to do on a daily basis, you don't necessarily have to do a passion but you do need to like it or it wont work.

Also finding the buyer keywords and knowing which ones are good and which are not which comes from experience such as instead of generic words like graco stroller you would find buyer words like for example: graco galaxy XP5 two person stoller etc.

Then the other part that new people get caught up on is the system that they take buyers through. Yo can't just sell one basic upfront item....you need to remember to have a main sale and a profit center to make money with using a cheap upfront offer to get them to buy. Then you need to give results in advance and then having that purchase take them to another place for a up sell and not just sell one product that has no backend built into it.

Another place that people may also fail is the quality of the articles on the blog or on forums and the relationships that they create are usually not very strong and also a lot of the pages that newbies back link from are usually orphan pages which no one has linked to and then have no weight and then that is usually where the new website builder will think that this doesn't work and then quit. Also newbies don't focus on list segmentation or anything else like that for emails to keep a strong relationship with there list.

Other than that I would then say information overload and then biting off more than you can chew and doing too many schemes at once. Social proof is huge now too so your social network pages need to be active and have weight from comments, likes and shares etc. My biggest problem was creating too many things and then just leaving them when they did not work at first and then going to something new and learning a whole other program and system until I just would get burned out and stop.

brandoMarks, Jan 24, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  5. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was a newbie years ago, I know the problem to make an online business and make some money.

One simple ebook helped me a lot, I think you can find it as an useful way to start. Feel free to download here >>> http://pastelink.me/dl/b2ff61

(ebook is mine. No refs, no aff. link, no subs, it's free to read )

tbtoyl, Jan 24, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  6. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You said "One simple ebook helped me a lot" and then claimed "ebook is mine" ==> Why not simply give away the URL instead?

mrgadget, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  7. vats121

vats121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The shiny object syndrome. They don't see the project through to the end. Also the course purchased might be crap.

vats121, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  8. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. They expect millions without doing any work
    2. Suffer from information overload - they read read and read some more without taking action.
    3. Buy product after product without taking action..see no results if they do take action then they say the program/product doesn't work or is a scam..
    4. Don't have a plan.
    5 Treat this "internet marketing thing" like a hobby not like a real business.. treat it like a hobby get mediocure results..

kb24, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  9. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Y'all crack me up. "Marketing" is too big of a topic to say why/how anyone failed at it. You didn't even state the source of the numbers. 97% fail internet marketers fail?! I'd like to see where that number came from and how they defined these people as "internet marketers". Let's talk about that first.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  10. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably, because the results aren't what they expected. Internet marketing can be tough but it pays off. Some people aren't ready for the uphill battle.

ash1ey82, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  11. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's a big learning curve and I've failed up until now. That's why I bit the bullet and signed up for an IM course.

MarketerRon, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  12. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what my mentor is teaching me to become established on the web and to build a list. Develop a product (ebook, audio file, video etc) and give it away in exchange for email addresses.

MarketerRon, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  13. aniblow

aniblow Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the problem is going into the wrong
    business model. There is internet marketing
    and there is online slavery.

aniblow, Jan 25, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  14. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    My PayPal account used to work like a slave when I was buying every piece of software offered by the gurus.

MarketerRon, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  15. bf76

bf76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    my experience thus far. I havent succeeded.
    Main reason being that i don't see a project through long term. I do get drawn into the newest product that promises the world over. I try it for a while, see a new product, rinse and repeat. i have a folder full of pdf's gathering dust.Its sad but that the truth.

2014 is a chance for me to clear my mind and my inbox, and settle on a couple of long term business ideas..

bf76, Jan 25, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  16. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    I know exactly how you feel. If I spent the money I've wasted over the years and used it wisely, like I have now on a mentor and coaching, I'd be earning good money by now.

MarketerRon, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  17. bf76

bf76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well said ron. I underestimated how important having a mentor is. Finding one that fits your needs and goals.. It will be a wise addition to anyones future plans. (including mine!)
    Also I wouldnt want to go back and count how much i spent on junk. :eek:

bf76, Jan 25, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  18. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm currently contemplating getting a mentor. It might be costly, but the amount of money you spend beating the air might end up more than the coaching fees.

Ethan Alvin, Jan 25, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  19. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    Stop wasting money and bite the bullet and get coached. I'm in the very early stages of my course but I've gained heaps of knowledge already.

MarketerRon, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  20. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    IM courses vary greatly in price. One live seminar with a guru can cost $5,000 a seat. I paid nothing like that for 6 months training with an online Q&A webinar once a week.

MarketerRon, Jan 26, 2014 IP