1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do liberals hate small business?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by debunked, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Al Capone

Al Capone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I go to a state college and I know for a fact that California State University, Fullerton as well as all the UC's and CSU's are raising tuition because of budget cuts - I know that the reason for this is because Arnold Schwarzenegger (a conservative) personally calls our school and each public school in the state each semester to tell them they will be getting less funding this semester then the previous.

If you meant private university, this effects pricing in private university's as well because they don't have to compete as much when it comes to pricing because government subsidies in public schools go down. Private schools biggest competitor is public schools because of their competitive pricing due to subsidies.

Anyways, there's your answer, might not be what you were looking for but I know I pay more this semester then last semester and more last semester then the previous because of conservatives holding little value for public education and making budget cuts. We also have less classes to choose from, lower unit limits, furlough days where no classes are taught and professors aren't paid, professors getting laid off, etc.,

I'm one of the lucky ones, I graduate with my Bachelors this semester, but I feel bad for my gf and others who will be suffering the continued budget cuts next semester and the semesters to come and there is no hope in sight until we get the Terminator out of office. So to answer your question, increased tuition in my state and many other states can be blamed on conservative politicians/governors while I'm certain states with liberal politicians/governors are doing a better job of prioritizing their budget cuts to ensure education isn't the first thing out the door.

I saw a video a while back which showed like 20+ republican politicians (mostly governors) stating they need to make cuts in public education, it was like a montage with back-to-back sound bites, I can't find that now, but here's what I found while I was looking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ua1iqAgJA - hardly supports my argument as much as the video I was looking for but a simple search for "republicans on education" and "democrats on education" will help you understand which side stands for more funding for education (and lower tuition).

Face it, conservatives don't believe in an educated public or else where would they get all their votes?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    Al Capone, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  2. BustPriceline

BustPriceline Guest

Best Answers:
    Obamanation, I hope you are not home schooled. The prices for consumers will go up regardless of the minimum wage. The prices are driven by demand and supply, not minimum wage. I agree with some of your points. The companies might might pass the high taxes on to the consumers just to keep their profit to the previous level. But that might not translate into prosperity. The companies might have to watch their products expire in front of their eyes.

BustPriceline, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I said before, you are not to be taken seriously. The greatest financial crisis since the great depression, as the president likes to call it, was created in no small part thanks to GSEs(Fannie,Freddie) and the government protecting them. The government has a long track record of causing problems, often in the name of fixing problems. Most sane Americans cringe when they hear the words, "Im from the government, im here to help".

Assuming unregulated derivatives markets are even a problem, and that is debatable, how did they come to be officially unregulated? Thats right, the government legislated it so. Are you saying the government created a problem?

The companies above are who people call when they need a job, so they can pay their bills and exist. The government exists to accommodate them and us, not the other way around.

Agreed. Why the straw man?

So funny. I totally called it when I said you lived in Anaheim. On the bright side, your a college student so you are expected to be a leftest, if only from the daily political indoctrination you receive from your professors ( I actually used to teach at your school). One day soon you will get a job and change your tune. There is hope.

Actually, the schools are getting budget cuts because California's spending on the social programs you love so much was and is unsustainable. You make a good point though, against your own positions.

What a load of crap. You can get an ivy league undergrad education for free if you have the grades to get admitted. The money is based on need, not merit. True for Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, and a lot of other schools. Additionally, private schools compete with each other, and there are more schools than ever. Competing with subsidized services doesn't reduce costs. It simply changes the point where the services are paid for and reduces the effectiveness of the money(increases the actual cost).

Another straw man. Do you ever run out of BS?

Oh I definitely want Arnold out as well, but if you think having him out is going to improve your immediate needs, you need to check in for drug testing. California's budget constraints are real. They cant just print more money like the federal government. That means either a) tax increases or b)service cuts. Tax increases in the state require a 2/3 majority and nobody disputes Democrats are loosing seats this election cycle, not that they had the numbers needed to get a 2/3 majority in the first place. That means service cuts and renegotiated pension contracts for all your beloved state employed union labor. It will take us about 10 years to dig our way out of this mess, but the nice thing about hitting rock bottom is you are left few alternatives. Do yourself a favor. Vote for Meg Whitman in Nov..

:rofl: Why am I not surprised you are a guy who forms political opinions based on back to back soundbites neatly arranged in a montage for you.

I want you to brace yourself for this, because facts seem to be anathema to you. You ready? Here it is. The higher your education level, the more likely you are to vote conservative. It is a fact.

Why not? If I had been home schooled, there is a good chance I would have received a better primary education than I might have at many public schools.

You cant sell a product for less than it costs you to acquire it(produce it), regardless of the laws of supply and demand. Are you really trying to say that taxes are not figured into the cost of every product you buy? How about fuel costs involved in getting said product to the store?

Seriously, do you really believe that? Think about it. Those taxes will be passed along to pretty much every company in the same way. You think all those companies are going to just pass an 8% hit in profitability on to their share holders and watch the price of their stock plummet? If you are honest with yourself, you'll acknowledge those taxes, just like the cost of gas, all come through in the price of the products being sold.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    Obamanation, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  4. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

By Text: Full employment is the objective of economic modeling, the grade that makes it a viable proposal and the blind area conservatives fail to understand. As stated, it causes failure repeatedly as the unemployed compete with employed to keep labour costs depressed but is a cancer eventually leading to low consumption and recession. - The Mexican truck drivers brought inside our border for the sole purpose to control wages is just an example of conservative / Republican manipulations manifestly repeated throughout the economy that depresses and eventually reverses healthy economic aspirations and cripples growth acquired through full employment. - - From Clinton to Bush as a prime example.

Breeze Wood, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Evidence? Union busting was just a happy side effect. Icing on the cake if you will. I'm not sure why you mentioned Clinton, as he is the guy who signed NAFTA on behalf of the US. Doesn't that make him the enemy in your example as Pres. Bush lived up to the obligations created for him by Clinton under NAFTA? Do you think Obama had any legitimate option other than to follow Bush's withdrawl plan for Iraq? Do you think whoever succeeds Obama to the throne won't have to raise taxes to help bring down the new multi trillion dollar deficit Obama created?

6. Al Capone

Al Capone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Obamanation You called it?... I don't live in Anaheim... A better guess may have been Fullerton, considering I go to school at CSU-Fullerton... but I don't live there either...

Anyways... This thread is full of a bunch of (for the exception of a few) Conservatives, Zionists (Obamanation), right-wingers - why I even bother posting in this thread is beyond me.

Obamanation and you other folks would much rather enjoy spending your time at The Fletcher Memorial Home - "they can appear to themselves every day on closed circuit t.v. to make sure they're still real"

Enjoy "debating" guys, I for one use this forum for internet marketing purposes so I'm done "debating" with people who clearly lack humanity and common sense..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    Al Capone, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you mature a little you should change your tune some. First of all start questioning all you are taught, when you start applying reason to your thought process it will add a whole new dimension to the results you come up with.

debunked, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    @Al Capone: Thanks for the Floyd link man. I had a little tear build up in my eye watching that video. I actually own the album but never saw the video, so it wasn't until now that I realized the band dislikes Maggie and Churchill. Funny stuff.

9. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It makes sense for you to blame all the problems on republicans if you're a democrat, which is why I don't partake in the party politics BS. Your "solution" reflects an ignorance of the real price of tuition. You seem to believe that whatever gubment pays for is free, without acknowledging that people pay for government services. Therefore, any funding for education by gubment to skirt the price paid upfront by students is passed onto taxpayers. The problem thus remains unsolved.

Since you're leaving however, I won't waste my time giving you my take on it.

I can't talk about economics with someone who doesn't understand the subject.

Everyone you disagree with must be a right-winger. FYI, I am a classical liberal (different from the modern statist variety). Do you think you're going to really convince anyone with a brain that those who oppose you lack humanity?

Well to be honest, I don't know why I've wasted my time on someone whose argument rests entirely on logical fallacies. It was never a debate to begin with.

ncz_nate, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  10. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Presenting and considering arguments on both sides - indeed with the first. Classical / Modern / Statist liberal and we thought Rush has a hard time knowing what he can not cope with - liberals if nothing else are for proposals as in anything but the party of "no" i.e. lacking in humanity.

Breeze Wood, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  11. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Then I propose for the government to silence you because quite frankly I dislike your views and think they are dangerous. I'd also like to propose that the government keep you from breeding, and possibly even eating.

How's that for lacking in humanity?

ncz_nate, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This whole thread reminds me of one of my favorite Ronald Reagan quotes:
    “Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”​

The only way small businesses are going to get less abuse from the government is for them to fail -- badly. Then they'll get subsidized. :p

Will.Spencer, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Another great quote, and so true. We are now subsidizing mortgage holders, after subsidizing Mortgage lenders, and every other failing industry in America. Looking at government employment wages and numbers, we are also subsidizing unemployment by trying to have everyone work for the government. It reminds me of another famous quote:

[​IMG]

Obamanation, Apr 6, 2010 IP