1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do I have to be validated for an image?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by compar, Dec 5, 2004.

I got an email that said my ad had been taken out circulation because the coop ads are not appearing on this image. http://www.stopcapitalpunishment.org/coverage/images/105_files/size=468x60.htm.

How am I supposed to imbed the ad text in an image.

Personally I think this requirement for the ad to be on every page in a site is excessive. And this particular case is a royal pain in the ass.

compar, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  2. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a htm file....not a image.

Sven, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  4. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    or it might be easier to use robots.txt on the whole 'images' directory.

crew, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    So what? It may have a ".htm" extension, but it is really only a banner. What does it matter whether or not Google has spidered it, and whether or not it has a coop ad on it?????????

The point is I didn't create it. It is part of the garbage that accompanied an article that I archived and published. I just don't understand what is going on with this validation rule and why it is mandatory that everything in Google's index has to carry an ad.

Google doesn't have the same rules in regards to AdSense. So why is it necessary for the coop network? It seem like an artificial construct to me. It's just a pain in the ass without any merit.

compar, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  6. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Because Google is a multibillion dollar company who has the resources to crawl the whole internet.

Without the 'ALL pages must validate rule', Shawn has no way of knowing how many or which pages you have ads on. For example, my 10,000 page site....I could have the ads only on the home page, or maybe on 1000 select pages, or on all 10,000 pages. The only way Shawn would know which case it was is to crawl my whole site. That's just not going to happen.

Without this rule, Shawn has no good way to apply weights to people logically and fairly.

crew, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information. I just deleted the the entire page. It will show up as some kind of broken link if anyone tries to view the article to which it was attached.

compar, Dec 5, 2004 IP