1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do i get Grey reputations instead of Green?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by paidhosting, May 15, 2006.

Hello,
    Something has confused me as to why when i go to my profile i see grey box instead of green when someone adds a +ve reputation? Whenever someone ads red it apprears properly but green ones are always grey. So is there any reason for what is causing it?

paidhosting, May 15, 2006 IP
  2. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    That means the person giving you rep is too new to actually give you rep. Not sure how it isetup here at DP but if they have less then 50 posts they shouldn't be able to give rep yet.

stymiee, May 15, 2006 IP
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh well i got a rep from mr crow who has like 800+ posts (must be spammer lol) and joined in april and his rep was also grey. So is it post count or the number of days the user has been registered that matter?

Nintendo likes this.
  4. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope +ve Rep given in Introduction and General Chat sections are Grey. Because what ever rep I got for the postings on above said sections are Grey. Rest all sections carries Green box.

ramakrishna p, May 15, 2006 IP
  5. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    800 posts is nothing when it comes to rep. You get rep power for every 1,000 posts, every 365.25 days, and every 100 rep points you get.

Nintendo, May 15, 2006 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  6. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    If someone gave you a rep in General Chat/Politics and Religion/Introductions forum, it would appear to be grey in your User CP, unless its a from a member who has a rep altering power of 10 (i.e. a Senior member).

Also, if someone tries to give you green or red who has overall red reputation or total rep point <10, his rep would appear as grey, no matter if it was intended to be green or red. :)

Read all about rep here.

SumitBahl, May 15, 2006 IP
  7. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In brief that is very clear information about Reputation System. Just now I saw this. Thankyou! I have small doubt to be cleared. I only can see last 5 entries of my Rep at User CP. Is there any way to see all my previous reputation History?

ramakrishna p, May 15, 2006 IP
  8. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    There is no way to view more than last 5 reputations recieved.

9. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm so do i get green reps in feedback section? And how often can we add rep to a person?Can u add green rep to me sumit, cause if i remember u already repped me few days back, so can u re-rep a person?

SumitBahl and maldives like this.
  10. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    You can rep a person again only after you've given out rep to 20 people opn the forum, and you can only give out 10 reps in a day. And yes, rep in Suggestion and Feedback count as green and reds and not greys. :)

11. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry too much, I just gave a green green green to assit you.

maldives, May 15, 2006 IP
    paidhosting and onedollar like this.
  12. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    next time please also let me do some of the explanations. :D

devin, May 16, 2006 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  13. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no clue what sumit said so go ahead and explain it to me:D

Oh i got 2 greenies from this thread and wow a change of 11 points took place, seems like some people got real rep power here :D But strange why do i see this : This post has not received any reputation. when i check reps?

And i wonder how many reps points i will get if wacko gives me a greenie, so wana try wacko?

paidhosting, May 16, 2006 IP
  14. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    let's do this chronologically:

1) you just joined the forum. your rep will be grey if your post is less than 50.
    2) once you reach 50, your reps will start affecting people, by the power of 1.
    3) if people red you, and your total rep points is 10 or less (including negative points), your rep is a grey.
    4) you continue to contribute to the forum, and people like your ideas. they give you greens.
    5) when your rep point reaches 100, you have a second green blob. like this: [​IMG][​IMG]
    6) that will mean that your power has increased by one. now if you were to rep people, their score will +2 or -2.
    7) you keep contributing. soon you reach 1000 posts. your rep power now increase by 1. so whenever you rep people, their score will now +3 or -3.
    8) you love DP, and you keep contributing. soon 365 days has passed. your rep power now increase by 1 again. people affected by you will now have a +4 or -4.
    9) every 1000 posts, every 365 days, every 100 rep points (one green blob) increase your power by 1.
    10) so as for me, if i rep you, your score will +4 or -4 (i have 3 green blobs + 1000 posts).

Where rep doesn't count:
    1) somoene reps you in the General Chat forum, it'll be grey, no matter by who. if it's from someone with a maximum rep power of 10, it'll affect you by 1.

Limitations:
    1) maximum of 10 people can be affected by your reps in a day.
    2) you must rep 20 other people before repping the same guy (Spread the Rep Around).
    3) You can only see the last 5 reps in your CP.
    4) If you give a red to someone, you will recieve a -1 in return. The other person wil lstill be affected by whatever rep power you have.

So, you just gave me a green, it's worth one point. :)

To answer your questions:
    that is not the post that received the rep. to know which post that recieved the rep, just click the link in your user CP.
    let's do some math. wacko has 8 green blobs. he has 7000+ posts, and he has been here for more than a year (but less than 2 years). going by the formula, his power will be 8 + 7 + 1 = 16.

But the max you can go is 10, so wacko has a rep power of 10.

devin, May 16, 2006 IP
    ramakrishna p and seolion like this.
  15. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh now thats what i call explaining nicely. u just blew sumit's explaination to pieces, although his was good too.

Hey wacko wana try? Go for the I approve option though else i will be back to sqaure one again:eek: . And devin did u remember to rep me:rolleyes: . Ok i go rep some people like devin and others on this thread and gotta post more so i get high rep power too.

paidhosting, May 16, 2006 IP
  16. bdmunee

bdmunee Peon

Best Answers:

Nice clarification - you cleared up a lot of questions I had also.

bdmunee, May 16, 2006 IP
  17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Omg wacko has some real good rep adding/removing power, i was hit with 10 points from wacko (cannot disclouse if they were +ve or -ve ) but watch out guys for wacko he will literally kill ur reps if u mess with him :)

paidhosting, May 17, 2006 IP
  18. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    er....I thought rep down here was worthless!! :D:D It was + rep!!! :D:D

Seven points for posts (7,522 spammy posts), one for date of registration extra year, nine for one per 100 rep points (976 rep points) and the original rep point. About 18 points, minus what ever the rep changes knocked off for these Off Topic boards. Looks like it was cut in half down here.

As for killing peoples rep, I've only given out one red since the -1 point rep change was made. Now I don't even red rep spammers.

Nintendo, May 17, 2006 IP
  19. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what i thought too :D

paidhosting, May 17, 2006 IP
  20. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect this must be for security reasons :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

maldives, May 17, 2006 IP