1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do businesses get involved with politics?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by jrbiz, Aug 20, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    To follow that up: if Twitter's fascist leanings do not affect the other side, does it have any effect on the fascist side? I guess what I am asking is whether Twitter's political activities actually have much of an effect, in general? I suppose by blocking the non-fascist members' posts, it can limit discussion but if people still use it in the same amounts and recognize its blatant biases, has Twitter actually furthered its nefarious causes?
    SEMrush

jrbiz, Aug 23, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For these social sites, I think the big money maker is "number of views on ads".

I'll tell you about my own behaviour.
    Until 2013-14, I was barely active on any social site.
    I used to check my fb account once a week may be.
    Today I am checking it at least 10 times daily. Sometimes that many times in 2-3 hours...

Its not just about blocking content from one side, Its also about spreading content of other side more.
    In just these last 6-8 years, use of whatsapp has grown so much, that I cannot even explain it.
    Lot of it is happening via paid APIs.

Its difficult to explain what these companies are doing here...

JEET, Aug 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good question @jrbiz Wondered the same question many times myself. Me thinks reasonable CEO's would not. Looney ones would. Most CEO's make BAD politicians anyway. A litmus test: a CEO gets involved in politics - beware, there's so much more to his/her persona than he/she has lead you to believe. And usually it's not good.

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Aug 24, 2020 IP
    JEET and jrbiz like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You raise a good point. The best CEO's I have known are too busy and/or have higher priorities than getting involved in politics.

jrbiz, Aug 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.