1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why can't I get ranked in Google?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by GoogleMakesMeCrazy, Jan 10, 2005.

Alexa ranks my site as the most visited for bar/bat mitzvah planning but I've never achieved ANY ranking in Google - even though I have hundreds of pages of relevent content to my most desired keywords - "bar mitzvah" and "bat mitzvah." Sites that have ONE PAGE of bar mitzvah invitations or "tips" are in the top ten in Google for these keywords and I've never achieved any ranking in Google for them at all. Help - I'm counting on all of you to reveal the mystery - what am I doing wrong?

www.mitzvahchic.com

GoogleMakesMeCrazy, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=site:www.mitzvahchic.com

shows you have plenty of pages in Google.

http://www.mcdar.net/KeywordTool/keywordtool.asp shows you don't have the correct links pointing to your sites. Like this page here http://jewish-shopping.com/judaica_link_exchange.cfm they show your URL instead of proper anchor test. You can start with linking back to your own hompeage from each page with the correct anchor text.

Try and get people to link to you like this:

<a href="www.mitzvahchic.com">barmitzvah planning</a>

Also, join the coop network to get you even quicker up in the top x for all chosen keywords.

T0PS3O, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  3. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    Your site looks great - probably just a matter of time. I don;t know how old the site is, but many people are having diffculty ranking newer sites (i.e. less than one year). Also, what are your keywords? Are they very, very competitive? Finally, google is all about links. Looks like you have some done some good work in this area with your PageRank of 4 - don't stop now! Sites can rank number one at yahoo! for a term, but be barely visible google. If this is your problem, keep on link building and you'll get there eventually.

- PT

Pen Tongue, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  4. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site was launched in 2004, you may be a victim of what is called the 'Google sandbox' which effectively penalizes new sites. The penalty is not permanent, but its duration varies. Once your waiting period in the sandbox is over your site should pop all over the place.

Of course, it may not be the sandbox that's keeping you down.

JonahViaKeyboard, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  5. GoogleMakesMeCrazy

GoogleMakesMeCrazy Peon

Best Answers:
    At first, I thought, yes 2004! But it was launched in August 2003. Does that mean that's NOT it?

GoogleMakesMeCrazy, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If you've got fewer and worse quality links than all sites above you in the rankings, yuo simply won't go up the SERPs. It's as simple as that.

T0PS3O, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  7. bLaDeY

bLaDeY Guest

Best Answers:
    I started my site back in 2002 and knew nothing about marketing a web site or the likes although I wish I had.

It took a good 3 - 6 months before I really started noticing major bumps in traffic. This is not to turn you away but as someone mentioned previously it takes time.

I know it's difficult but try and get a few links with related web sites.

bLaDeY, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  8. rtheodorow

rtheodorow Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I think my site took around 2-3 months. Just get some backlinks from other sites ranked on Google...preferably on the sites' homepage. That should speed it up quite a bit.

rtheodorow, Jan 14, 2005 IP