1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Why can't I edit my first post?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MariaHo, Jul 25, 2016.

It said:
    Q-9) How can I Bump my old thread? How to edit it after bumping?

A) Just below the first post of your thread you can find the option Bump/Relist/Edit you can use it to bump it and after bumping the thread you can see separate edit button at same place to edit your thread.

But this EDIT button doesn't appear after bumping the thread! How can I edit??? I need to change very important information on my thread.

Thanks.

MariaHo, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It usually there,.. Check closely or try to printscreen your want to edit thread and post it here again the picture

robyries, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are only allowed to edit or delete a post within the first 8 hours of creating it:

Changing/Deleting Your Posts
    If you would like to edit (or delete) your posts, you can do so within 8 hours of making the post. After that, it is not possible for you to edit or delete the posts you have made here.

Bumping the post does not change the above rule. You may want to put a follow up post (reply) below it with an update as to your corrections to the original post.

jrbiz, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  4. MariaHo

MariaHo Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your reply. Does it mean that the Rule about editing post is not working?
    it said
    Q-9) How can I Bump my old thread? How to edit it after bumping?
    A) Just below the first post of your thread you can find the option Bump/Relist/Edit you can use it to bump it and after bumping the thread you can see separate edit button at same place to edit your thread.

I posted a several months ago and Bumped it 3 or 4 times. It never let me to make changes. Does it mean that button Edit, as said in the Rules really WILL NOT appear as Rules promise?

MariaHo, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  5. MariaHo

MariaHo Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I did not understand. Do you mean I can make needed changes, make a skreenshot and post it here, so someone will help me with changing my first post???

MariaHo, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    To the best of my knowledge we have an 8 hour window in which to edit. After the 8 hours I believe that the window closes.
    What I would suggest in your case is to simply create another post that starts off with something like this:
    "It appears that I cannot edit my opening post so allow me to give an update". Something along those lines ought to do the trick.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what FAQ/Q-9 you are referring to, but the Official Rules (as I pasted them above) are quite clear: you cannot edit a post after it has been up for eight hours. You can either do as I suggested above or as @Spoiltdiva suggests.

jrbiz, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Edit option is only available for 8 hours after you post, or 8 hours after you bump. If you don't see the Edit option, then I suspect it's been longer than 8 hours since you bumped it.

digitalpoint, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  9. MariaHo

MariaHo Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the reply. I tried to edit the post together with bumping it as the rules tell. But this Edit button never applied. I tried it during last bump and most recent one two days ago. I don't know, am I blind or something is not working? But I do not see this Edit button during bumping and immediately after that. Please help. I must make changes!

MariaHo, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  10. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    No, you are not but people in this forum, based on their replies, are blind and deaf.

Never mind system have inherent problems with bumping, editing and updating
    absolute thread, no one since 2004 ever tried to fix it even thou for 12 years
    countless amount of members lost opportunities and was banned for trying to
    appeal to common sense to allow people, NOT TO START NEW THREAD but to
    have access to edit function to change very first, sometimes 1 year or even
    5 years old post with fresh information.

You see, management doesn't have problems deleting hundreds of posts or
    deleting new offer post and yet, old useless post is still there even thou people
    who are coming here to find something useful, go away somewhere else because
    no one, and I mean NO ONE, going beyond first post in tread to maybe post 30
    on page #2 to find 'what is new'.

Apparently attracting new visitors and keeping paying and old members happy
    is not in Rules of this forum and there is nothing you can do about that.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 2, 2016 IP
  11. MariaHo

MariaHo Member

Best Answers:
    I just bumped my post right now and there is NO edid button again. Please help me with this problem. I tried to contact support team but was redirected to Twitter account ( ????) where nobody replies to my messages. As I pay for Premium membership $25, can I get some help please???

MariaHo, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I assume you are talking about the only other thread you have created here besides this one. The edit history shows you bumped it 6 times and you were able to edit it after one of those bumps. Nothing has changed on this end with it, and from the logs, I see people bumping and editing the first post right afterwards every day without any problems.

Are you running anything in your browser that alters the page DOM (things like ad blockers edit the page source)? If not, next time you bump it, a screenshot of what you are seeing with a missing Edit option would be useful.

digitalpoint, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  13. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Just to make sure.
    Are you saying that I can bump 6 years old thread and edit very first post?

and Shawn, what happened to my best answer award? It was 1 point
    other day and now it shows 0?
    MariaHo set your post to be the best answer in the thread

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep.

I dunno... I don't personally keep track of individual user's best answers/likes/posts/whatever else... If it was a thread that was deleted, best answers and likes on posts within a deleted thread don't count. And just like a user can unlike something they previously liked, the same works for best answers. They are not static values.

digitalpoint, Aug 5, 2016 IP