1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Are You All Against Vista

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rlineker, May 27, 2007.

?

XP or Vista

1. Windows Vista

379 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Windoews XP

950 vote(s)
    71.5%
  1. sirkakashi08

sirkakashi08 Peon

Best Answers:
    vista requires higher hardware specifications, i think this is the reason...

sirkakashi08, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  2. xlcho

xlcho Guest

Best Answers:
    Just give Vista a little more time. It's already a lot more than it was when it was launched. Same thing happened with XP - it had a lot of issues, but eventually MS made it a very stable and user friendly OS. Then again, I use linux (slackware and ubuntu) about 90% of the time, so who really cares :)

xlcho, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  3. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I recently formatted my Vista Laptop and now using XP Pro on it...Now it runs way faster and no crashes...YIPPEE!!!

Cheap SEO Services, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  4. patwa

patwa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Vista is one of those products where people's view is subjective. It's hard to definitively say whether it's the right product for everyone, as there are so many different factors affecting its performance: hardware, software used with Vista, level of computer knowledge, technical experience and confidence (which particularly becomes an issue when you consider some parts of Vista are harder to find than the same parts for XP) and user priorities.

I'm pretty sure I've categorically said in the past I'd never touch Vista with a barge pole. I've changed my opinion completely. For me, Vista is so much better than XP in the reliability sense. But, I may be biased against XP, as my accessibility screen reader software works better with Vista due to (in my opinion anyway) Vista's better management of system resources (which my screen reader consumes a lot of).

There are also some features of Vista I've found myself missing when, for example, using my mum's XP system for printing (I don't have a printer myself). For example, the start menu search, network repair (although I only ever need to use it occasionally at Uni when the laptop WiFi gets confused), and power management features are a plus for me.

It's quite frightening how quickly technology is evolving. I looked at the Windows 7 beta the other day, and whereas admittedly it looks and works a lot like Vista, I don't see it as being a major selling point at this time. For me, there are several things that would cause me to reject a Windows 7 upgrade. Mainly these are the lack of compatibility with my screen reader, the fact I'm visually impaired so the pretty bells and whistles don't really make much difference to me, and the fact that I'm not really that much into media, etc, which Windows 7 seems to place a heavy emphasis on.

H.

patwa, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  5. ramkissoon

ramkissoon Peon

Best Answers:
    is too slow, eats up my hard disk (every day I lose 2-3 GB of hard disk!) and it crashes for no reason!!

ramkissoon, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  6. dylanj

dylanj Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the most epic thread on this whole forum.

dylanj, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  7. RS3RS

RS3RS Guest

Best Answers:
    I still use XP.

Do I have anything against Vista? No, I don't. But here's the thing... I'm used to XP, it works fine for me, and it takes full advantage of my hardware and is compatable with all programs.

I guess my logic is why fix it if it's not broken? There's no reason to upgrade to Vista, so I'm sticking with XP!

RS3RS, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  8. kioshi

kioshi Peon

Best Answers:
    win xp has alot behind it, i don't like vista, but i've got to learn it for computer tech. degree. With windows 7 coming out in the next couple years vista will just be another lump lol. Another ME i say.

kioshi, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  9. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista is considered a big flop (there are plenty reasons for that) by many people and it is true to much extent .Another indication is microsoft launching next operating system windows 7 which basically use same kernel as vista. Its like new vista version.

teckinik, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  10. hman78

hman78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not that Vista is terrible, but at this point most people know and are comfortable with XP and there was no functionality included in Vista that make the upgrade cost and hassle worthwhile. Even when it game preinstalled I went back to Vista because I know that works. Why deal with driver issues etc....? It isn't like XP was a Win98 crash factory. Given that 7 is on the horizon, its seems obvious that MS underrstands that Vista had nothing to offer functionality wise and will need add more functionality (better search, better included security and backup) that was supposed to be included with Vista in the first place. It really didn't look like there was a whole lot included given the almost 6 years of development.

hman78, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  11. kalinpetrovbg

kalinpetrovbg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Microsoft made Vista only with the purpose to earn more money from the people!

kalinpetrovbg, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  12. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Vista was built in the age of spyware when all the big cronies decided they liked to keep an eye on their users - Take the sony CD spyware fiasco that Microsoft applauded & build an operating system around it - then call it Vista and hope that ppl will buy it. The whole thing is built on spyware - Vista users, whose watching you type?

Bushranger, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  13. azsmart

azsmart Peon

Best Answers:
    i use xp too.it is easy to use.:)

azsmart, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  14. azsmart

azsmart Peon

Best Answers:
    yes.but depend on the ram.if the ram highers,u can use vista:)

azsmart, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  15. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have XP and it's the right thing for me...as for Vista, I don't need it for the moment :p

EvcRo, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  16. 4angles

4angles Peon

Best Answers:
    XP...any day!

4angles, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  17. NuLLByTe

NuLLByTe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am pro-vista. I just love it :)

NuLLByTe, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  18. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have xp it's hell of a lot better than vista my wife has vista on her laptop it's slow it freezes it crashes, she has to clean her disk every other day mine can go for week without cleaning up the disk.

jkadin, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  19. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Then again, laptops don't like having 20 thousand ebay pages saved on shoes and handbags. Also thousands of recipes pages...LOL...imagine the snapshot of the cookies would be like??? hehehehehehe.. :D

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  20. jeezy17

jeezy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol your wife must have a shitty computer. My laptop runs on Vista and I have it running for months on end without restarting it. Not only that, but I run Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, multi tabbed Firefox, MSN, AIM, iTunes and more all simultaneously without any problems or crashes whatsoever even with my very heavy daily computer use.

It's your wife's computer. Not Vista. ;)

jeezy17, Feb 2, 2009 IP