1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Are We Still Combating Racist and Racism in America

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wrmineo, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Racism is natural. That is the price of "multiculturalism". Racism will always exist, and the only solution to not be bothered by it is for the races to separate. As long as the different races choose to live in proximity and in way that effect each other, there will always be racial conflict.

ViolentAJ, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  2. barutiwa

barutiwa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In response to your topic question "why we are still combating racism and racist..." the following editorial written in 1994 may help add some light to this question if not solution.

barutiwa, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  3. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to read your comment 3 times to make sure.
    Please tell me you are joking. Racism is natural??????? That bothers me on a level that I don't know how to express it. I am truly from bottom of my heart sorry if you believe what you said.

Nima, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually hated is natural , the impulse to kill is natural but refusing to act solely on instincts is what makes us human .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  5. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. Racism is not natural. Hatred is not natural. If any of the two are natural to you, you're a deeply troubled person.

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    LOL Hatred is not natural ? Is it not natural to hate those who harm you ? Is it not natural to hate those who wish you dead ? Is it natural natural to hate those who want to enslave you ? If this is not natural to you then being human is not natural ; self preservation is the most basic human instinct without it we are nothing but flesh bags waiting to die .

How dare you speak of hatred when you promote it , when you promote that countless masses march to the street to shout their hatred . You say hatred is not natural but you nurture it .... you see that either makes you a hypocrite or a mad man ? Which will it be ?

Hatred is natural and man ties it's hatred to the differences his enemy has , for mean cannot hate himself , we cannot hate the other because he's a human , but you can hate him because he is different the racial differences are one of the few things we can't change so hatred is tied to those differences with ease so weather you're being called a cracker , a nigga or chink know that the hatred is natural .

What is not natural is acting on that hatred , it is not natural to kill innocents because they are not like you , it is not natural to rob them of their God given rights and is certainly not natural to nurture that hatred . Mankind will always have emotions , good and bad and while it would be stupid to focus on exterminating them we will not let them control us and rob us of our kindness , of our understanding ... of our humanity .

7. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sorry that you're trying so hard to justify hatred and therefore racism (which is what the above comments were about)

I also didn't know promoting social justice and holding politicians accountable is promoting hatred. Learning a new thing every day :)

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  8. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Oh ya let's joke and smile about hatred . Whenever you're out of logical arguments try to minimize the issue so you can surrender gracefully ; life is awesome :)

9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting how you're framing me as someone who smiles about hatred where you're the one that believes racism and hatred are just natural human feelings and everyone has them and we just struggle everyday not to act upon them.

Newsflash, not everyone considers hatred and racism their natural everyday feeling or have to fight their inner thoughts not to act upon them.

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Witness the racial integration and blindness to issues of race, as practiced by the majority of people in this country.

http://acidcow.com/pics/13549-race-maps-of-us-cities-66-pics.html

Obamanation, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  11. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say racism doesn't exist. Quite the opposite. That doesn't mean racism is a natural human feeling. Obamanation, do you also believe racism is a natural human feeling that we have to fight our inner selves not to act upon it?

[Edit] also, just because people live close to those who they feel more connected with , doesn't mean they are racist whether they are white, black, hispanic, asian, middle eatern, etc.

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    If I, as a black person, decided to hire nobody but black people because I felt more connected with them, would that constitute racism? What about if a white person does the same thing? Maybe the problem is with your definition of racism

I'll answer your question with a question. Do you think all the people in those maps moved into neighborhoods of people who share their ethnicity based on something other than their human nature, or was there some racist overlord sorting them all out and keeping them separated?

13. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course. that is exactly what racism is. I said the personal choice of to live close to those who you connect with is not racism.

You yourself would attack anyone on this forum that tries to answer any of your questions with a question. I'll ask again, "do you also believe racism is a natural human feeling that we have to fight our inner selves not to act upon it?"

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Like I said, your struggle is with the definition of the word Racism. Not too much I can do for you there.

Actually, my answer was a rhetorical question. We both already know the answer to it.

15. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what is your definition of racism in which people choosing where to live (not affecting anyone else) is racism?

Are you saying that your answer to the question is yes?

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Here is an interesting factoid relating to residential demographics. Written into the property deed of my brother's home was a clause forbidding the sale of the home to a black person. It was an older property deed in a nice neighborhood, and would obviously be unenforceable if taken to court. The deed may be old, but to this day, there is still strangely not a single black person in the neighborhood. Has nothing to do with racism though, right? Perhaps xenophobia is a better word.

If residential demographics do not affect anyone else, why do they bus minorities into suburban neighborhoods to get education?

17. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obamanation, Why are you not answering the question? Do you also believe racism is a natural human feeling that we have to fight our inner selves not to act upon it?

Not allowing the home to be sold to a black/white person is racism indeed. Here is a good definition of racism

Nima, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    By that definition, Racism is most definitely not an inherited or natural trait. Then again, by that definition, not hiring people of a different race based on your comfort level with people of your own race is not racist either, since it has nothing to do with superiority, only with comfort level. Interesting to see you argue in favor of what most people call racism these days.

19. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Choosing where you live by yourself (not affecting anyone else) is entirely your choice. Just because someone chooses to live around white people or black people doesnt mean they are racist. If you start judging people based on their race (for job or anything else) that is racism.

Obamanation, wake up. you're the one trying to find a reason to justify racism. It's interesting how you live in such a denial.

Nima, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  20. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    And you are the one trying to assert there is no judgement involved in selecting a place to live.

Obamanation, Nov 6, 2011 IP