1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why am I getting rejected for adsense?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Jokaslokas, Sep 12, 2016.

My website is https://pokedetect.com and I have applied for adsense three times. I have been rejected due to insufficient content but I have also added an about us page and still recieved a rejection.

Are sites like mine simply not allowed to use adsense? I don't see why not, I have good traffic and it is a tool which many people use, is adsense only restricted to blogs? Also, I am from the UK and the website is 2 months old. Why could I be getting rejected?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Jokaslokas, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  2. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have looked at your site & I have found there is very less text & I don't know anything about your site do I knew that its all about Pokémon Go but as I said there is no text then its useless for advertiser, so AdSense won't work on your site even you get approved AdSense. You won't able to make money.

You should try to sell Pokémon Go related product more smartly!

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    useless site -> no adsense

Agent000, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  4. Jokaslokas

Jokaslokas Peon

Best Answers:
    I have added an about us page to include text, how much more text do I need?

Look at http://pokevision.com they are very similar but have adsense on the website with no problem.

5. Agent000

Best Answers:
    They do not have adsense.

6. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When it says add more content, it doesn't mean About Us and Privacy Policy, it means real content

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    pmf123, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How about you add a section for swotting up before you take the test with lots of info about each pokemon?
    But it's a tough niche - focussed on kids. Maybe look at how other sites build content in - like Rooster Teeth that are all about their videos, how do they provide content?

sarahk, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  8. Jokaslokas

Jokaslokas Peon

Best Answers:
    When I click the ad icon, it fowards to AdChoices by Google Adsense. Am I making a silly mistake or is there ads different, if yes, which provider are they using then?

But what kind of content could I add? Is this basically saying that Adsense is only for blogs essentially? Any normal advertiser would be more than happy to advertise their pokemon products on my site with my traffic. It's not as if I am hosting nonsense/spam

9. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you will make more money with those advertisers anyway

no they aren't just for blogs, many different sites have adsense - but if you find advertisers that are specific to your niche, such as affiliate programs, you will do better

pmf123, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  10. Agent000

Best Answers:
    It was not adsense yesterday when I checked, but there is an adsense unit there today - they must be rotating with different providers.
    Just because they have adsense does not mean Google approved them. They could have easily beed approved with another site and placed the Adsense code on that site.
    If the site is not compliant with the terms and conditions, adsense will disable adserving to the site if they ever check it or someone reports it.
    Adsense has its policy and does not work by example. If another site has adsense, that does not mean you should have it as well.

11. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No you are not hosting nonsense/spam but the fact is AdSense advertiser always interested in keywords & they target keywords in content. I think you should use affiliate network related to your niche.

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  12. Jokaslokas

Jokaslokas Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but how much content would I actually need? Sorry, I am very new to this but where would I start going about finding affiliate networking related to my niche?

13. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    cj.com
    flexoffers.com
    linkshare.com

Etc etc

There are more specific ones for your country or product.

pmf123, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  14. Jokaslokas

Jokaslokas Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you do much everyone. However, just to conclude I would appreciate it if this question could be answered:

From looking at my website, what is the one thing (specific) you would recommend that would get me approved for adsense?

15. JeffMichaels

JeffMichaels Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need content that users might want to read, browse and share. Your website is more like an app -- very little content. Add a blog to your site.

JeffMichaels, Sep 12, 2016 IP