1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Adult Friend Finder Sucks

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aliasx, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Eurofile007

Eurofile007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have proof that AFF doesn't pay. See my screen shots below. You will see my AFF affiliate ID. As you can see in the third screen shot, my earnings were from October! Yet they are supposed to cut you a check twice a month! Explain that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I already wrote them that if they continue to ignore my emails, I will file a complaint with the FTC. They still ignore my emails.

Eurofile007, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  2. TheRealME

TheRealME Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I just got butt slapped by AFF and their bogus scam. Searched the internet and saw a lot of similar complaints. Saw this one so I thought I would post my experience here.

I was looking to send them some of my traffic to take advantage of the $130 per order payout. I was planning on working up some quality traffic.

I signed up in December. Got a number of free signups and a few conversions to paying customers. Ratio was about 1:4 for free memberships and 1:9 for paid memberships at the camscom site.

On the second of this month I noticed the website updated to reflect the approval of the check. Ya for me. I had some other general questions along with looking for a confirmation of the payment so I called them on the 2nd of Jan. Got a warm fuzzy that payment was on the way, account manger informed me that the ratio looked good, you are sending quality traffic, yaday yadaa check is approved on the way.

So I spend from then until now to work on sending them more traffic. Today I get the email that I was converted to a percentage account. Stunned I called.

At first I wanted to know why all my December traffic was converted to percentage as there was a check already cut. I was told that I did not see the website update with the approval of a check as they were closed on the 2nd of this month. I politely informed the phone rep that I did see the approval on the website. She said that I did not as it was impossible. I informed her of what it said under the approval column at the website. Seeing that it was my first ever month (payout cycle) with their program how would I know the nomenclature used. Well she drew a blank.

Then I went over the terms and conditions on the website where it mentions that the ratio review is done at the end of the month. She informed me that it was wrong and that the review process is done on the 1st and the 15th. When asked where this correction was in the agreement that I agreed to online she was not able to provide it. Lie #1

I then asked why the review was done today and not on the first or the end of the month as she just informed me. She informed me that the agreement was not accurate. Lie #2

So I asked her to take a look at my ratio at the end of Dec 2008. It was a great ratio. Why were the $130 payments I supposedly already was to receive a check for downgraded to a percentage payment of around $2 to $3. I was told that they were not considered orders. HUH? Did they pay money with a credit card, I asked. Yes she said. So the agreement states "*Applies to all initial orders per day only. Restricted to first user order and first credit card orders only." I asked her to define that for me. She stated that in order for a customer. to complete an order they have to sign up and pay with a credit card. OK great so they did sign up and pay. No she stated they need to spend more then $10.

I asked $10 is not an order? No she claimed it had to be more then $10. How much does the order have to be I asked. She put me on hold stating she had to ask her manager. Long story short there is no defined amount. Lie #3

I then read asked again for her to define an order as the website and the agreement state "*Applies to all initial orders per day only. Restricted to first user order and first credit card orders only.". Again she said it is when a new customer signs up with a credit card and spends money. I asked is $10 money. She stated that she might have to have her manager get back to me on that. So $10 is not an order then I asked. No it is not she said. Lie #4.

So since the traffic I sent placed orders under some magical dollar amount that the phone rep has no clue as to what that number might be, and the agreement nor the website has any mention of this magical order she stated that the "orders" were declined even though they spent money. Lie #5

So I then asked her about the check that the website had confirmed was sent on the 2nd. I was again told that they were closed on the 2nd, nobody was in the office so it was impossible for anyone to approve such. I asked if they were closed then why was I able to call and talk to another phone rep on the 2nd. Some people might of come in on their own she mentioned. I then told her about the previous phone call I had on the 2nd and the confirmation that I had x amount of orders and such. Long story short she said that I was not informed and called me a liar. I told her that I could play back the recording for her and again she mentioned that she needed to get her manager to call me back.

I know long winded, but I just had money scammed form me and wasted a lot of time over the past week building up for this site. I should of researched more.

To summarize.

1. The agreement is worthless at AFF....
    2. Website states that "Restricted to first user order and first credit card orders only." yet there is no mention of how much. Nor do the reps know.
    3. AFF is a scam point blank.
    4. If this is the way they operate in front of an affiliate, imagine the shaving they are doing on the backside.

I wish I did some more homework on them. Spend more time then I did :)

In short AFF program is a scam.

Now I need a new honest affiliate program to convert my work over to. :)

TheRealME, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sending you a PM with the best international alternatives out there ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. scorpion896

scorpion896 Banned

Best Answers:
    AFF is good if you know how to implement using their affiliate links

scorpion896, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. TheRealME

TheRealME Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

6. TheRealME

TheRealME Peon

Best Answers:
    Define "implement". I did a great ratio for Dec and still got canned. Worse yet is the $10 not and order statement.

Not sure any amount of implementing will work if they are not honest.

7. bimasakti

bimasakti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AFF? BAD!! I was working AFF for 8 months and totaly earning $1.790 for PPC.
    But 2 months ago (November 2008) they were convert me, at that time (the last) i was earn $320 and should paid for November has convert to $3.2. I don't understand, I have good unique traffic, good sale. But still converted!

bimasakti, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  8. TheRealME

TheRealME Peon

Best Answers:
    Good unique traffic as well. I think you can pretty much throw out the agreement, honesty and terms of fair play with them.

Best I / we can do is warn others and find better more honest programs.

9. sontoloyo

sontoloyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of CPA now are unfair, they need a lot of money as well.........they can say anything to you....

sontoloyo, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  10. kerjadu

kerjadu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i havent use AFF so i cant say much, are they using ppc or cpa?

kerjadu, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  11. TheRealME

TheRealME Peon

Best Answers:
    You could call it hcpa. Meaning they pay for half of the actions. No payout on until a CC order is placed according. Alas, as I mentioned above the phone rep said there was some secret unknown dollar that the order had to reach before they would honor the per CC payout, not mentioned in the agreement or website.

As far as AFF is concerned they only paid me $2 to $3 for a CC order (website says they will pay $130). Overall if you look at it from their prospective, they paid me 11 cents for each account signed up (free email and CC orders). Or 2 cents per a click (quick math).

12. Tehmanice

Tehmanice Banned

Best Answers:
    I do around $400 a month with AFF with real quality traffic. I've been doing the PPC model and I haven't been converted. I reckon I'd do a lot better with the Pay Per Order but I'm too lazy to change everything :p (it runs on autopilot anyway).

Tehmanice, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  13. Mix Tone Guy

Mix Tone Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a friend doing 2k a month with them...he hasn't had any problems...:D

Mix Tone Guy, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  14. nexuslivez

nexuslivez Member

Best Answers:
    1) Too many members
    2) Crappy Conditions.

nexuslivez, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  15. Charcoal

Charcoal Peon

Best Answers:
    they just have not got to your account yet!

Charcoal, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  16. Eurofile007

Best Answers:
    TheRealMe,
    That's a very detailed report. You should submit it to www.ripoffreport.com by filing a report which will be listed next to other scam reports about AFF.

AFF took down their toll free number from their site, but it still works. I guess they're trying to phase it out. But next time you call them about your unpaid earnings, use it so they pay for the call and not you.

1-800-388-0760

Eurofile007, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  17. Eurofile007

Best Answers:
    Hi folks,
    I finally got a response from AFF about my unpaid commissions. As you can see, it sounds totally bogus, fishy and evasive, as though they have something to hide. This, despite what others who say they have no problem with AFF payments, is pretty much the smoking gun proof that says it all.

---------------------------------------
    "Hi Winston,

Thank you for your recent email. Upon reviewing your account I've noticed that your traffic needs to be further reviewed. It seems as though your traffic is not showing abnormal member activity.

We will hold the payment until it is proven that the members that have purchased memberships on your Affiliate account are not fraudulent.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Porscha T.
    Affiliate Marketing Friend Finder INC."
    ------------------------------------------

W: You see, nothing in the letter even make sense and is not even relevant to anything. If my traffic is "not abnormal" then it's normal, so isn't that a good thing? It's not even clear what they are talking about.

Even if they decide to convert me to a percentage plan now, their check to me is still a month overdue, and was due when I was on a per order plan, so technically, they still owe it to me either way.

I didn't know there were still scams like this in the US.

Eurofile007, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  18. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with AFF Eurofile007

You better forget about this and move on now ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  19. iGotta

iGotta Peon

Best Answers:
    i didn't make good income from friendfinder.. so i removed the ads ..

iGotta, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  20. mywebjob

mywebjob Banned

Best Answers:
    I will stop promoting AFF.

mywebjob, Jan 11, 2009 IP