1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why 95% Of You Will Fail in 2011 - #1 Reason Why You will Not Make Money Online

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cmorley, Jan 3, 2011.

1. hypokill

hypokill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    fair enough. I suppose it's how you interoperate it. As far as I saw it the whole reprogramming yourself (The power of positive thinking) is something that i have heard of before and as far as I see it... it makes sense. I can't see in any way this pushing or promoting e-books. Unless it's subliminally trying to make me buy his e-book (which would be impressive) it's just using such a common thing in the marketing world as an example. That's how I took it anyway

hypokill, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  2. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if someone is actually offering a legitimate ebook, chances are they are not going to give out all their hard work for free. In one of my posts today, I mentioned writing a book about financial success, saving, investing, ect. If I do decide to do it, why the hell would I want to give it away for free? I have valuable information that not many people know about.

It's sad to say, but a lot of people make ebooks like "How I make $10,000 each month without doing any work!". Well what they do is make a site that gets about $100 in revenue each month. Then they TELL you to do that 100 times to get 100 sites making $100 each. That only works in theory, but in practice it hardly happens.

mezner, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  3. PaulTurner1

PaulTurner1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol reason that you won't make millions this year.... Posting duplicate content... Unless its indexed on your site already your going to lose the benefit of this post...

PaulTurner1, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  4. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    valid point. Never again! I wanted our friends at DP to benefit more than me gaining juice from Search Engines.

cmorley, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  5. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    The intension of this post is not to promote any eBook! In fact if you had read it, I suggest that people shouldn't be buying any eBook. This post is all about taking action and strengthening your inner belief system. But anyhow, thank you for your input.

You are absolutely right.

cmorley, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  6. owmc01

owmc01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting post. When I first started in IM, I jumped around a lot. I really didn't understand how the pieces fit together and was quite overwhelmed with the amount of conflicting information and of course bs that turned up in my in box on a daily basis.

The best way to succeed - find a mentor, program or method which is appropriate for your current level of understanding and time you are willing to commit.

Step 2: Commit. No excuses. No second guesses. Stop buying tools, products, promotions whatever until you have thoroughly worked your original game plan. There are lots of ways to make money on the internet, but all require time, commitment and follow through. No short cuts and stay away from anything makes outrageous promises.

owmc01, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  7. dragtastic

dragtastic Member

Best Answers:
    if someone spends a couple hundred dollars on an e book just to learn about email marketing then no doubt will you fail - miserably.

yes you will make mistakes - many mistakes - but try not to make too many stupid ones - such as spending money blindly.

take time to see if you can learn things without spending money

dragtastic, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  8. Igor F

Igor F Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way to make it happened is actually to invest a lot of time (long- long hours) and hard work...
    I started not long ago and don't see any other way.
    But if you are working hard that at some point quantity (time spent) little by little converts to a quality (sales)

Igor F, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  9. betsuz

betsuz Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I also started out by jumping around a lot. I was distracted by all of the new courses out there. I just went with one course and stuck with it and now I am making money. I believe if you focus on achieving your online success with small steps first then once you get the hang of things then you can invest some of the money you made on the programs that fit your business goals.

betsuz, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  10. poldo

poldo Peon

Best Answers:
    ....very clever!...by creating a "disturb mode" you automatically inject your own ebook as priscription for success. am sure that is a cunning way for you know as you said, money.Thanks anyway, i just like the last line on your post that said,"get rid of your self imposed limits and boundaries, believe that you can do it"... i guess that would be enough for me to skip from the 95% who would fail this year minus your own ebook.

poldo, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  11. Igor F

Igor F Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree but it's really hard to find the right product when you are just making your first steps in IM (unless you have a good teacher,… but how many of us started with a good teacher???)

All those offers sound so promising that you just want to have it all, to make it work right away, and you don’t really care that you don’t know anything, and the best you know is how to turn on your computer. You already see yourself very-very VIP, and kind of forget that such things (like becoming rich) do not happen overnight, but you don’t really care…

Only after you buy a few new programs, spending a few nights without sleeping and one morning with a crazy smile on your face, you start to realize that you need to slow down a little (or a lot?), and take really small steps until you know what are you doing...

The First Goal should be simple- how to make first $10 online, and this is hard to achieve.

Igor F, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  12. alexmcphie

alexmcphie Peon

Best Answers:
    heres how u make money online. do the work.
    dont get caught up in the industry, hype and whats going on.
    took me a 4 month break to figure that out.
    just do the work first worry about all of the rest last.

alexmcphie, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  13. wrprofit

wrprofit Peon

Best Answers:
    I have my "Ideas To Action" form in front of my PC. It's lead me to the right direction. I know I must focus to success. Thanks Guy.

wrprofit, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  14. karamendos

karamendos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. I started earning online with zero investment, it was on blogger and some free hosting site. Quality content is IMBA !

karamendos, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  15. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Incremental steps. Small baby steps are going to make someone rich over time. If they manage to make the first $10. They can work on improving that site or effort and double it to $20. So forth and so forth. That is how it happens.

cmorley, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  16. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you set a goal for 2011? Getting distracted is one of the main reason why people don't succeed. Put together an action plan. Stick to the plan. That is what is going to make you successful. At least a year from now, you could say, "Yes I have done what I said I would do." At least you can measure yourself. When you are all over the place, it is hard to measure success.

cmorley, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  17. Igor F

Igor F Peon

Best Answers:
    When you are all over the place, it is hard to make any success at all. To be in a few "places " in the same time means that you actually nowhere

Igor F, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  18. vikassam321

vikassam321 Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably wonder why I am starting off with such a negative posting as my first post for 2011. Well the truth is that about 95% of us will fail in 2011. We will not meet our goals nor get anywhere closer to where we want to be at the end of the year. I have been putting a lot of thought into StartupBoooster.com itself. I was trying to figure out where I want to be by end of the year. During that thought process, I thought I need to share my findings with you so you don’t waste your year as well.

vikassam321, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  19. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree with the latter part. If you focus on a few places and make it a success, you will be well off overall.

cmorley, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  20. ChristineR

ChristineR Peon

Best Answers:
    Betsuz you hit it... "jumping around a lot" is what most newbies do... getting nowhere and eventually giving up.
    I believe the formula is:
    1. Decide on your niche (be specific, not broad)
    2. Research it to see if you have to dig down where the competition is not overwhelming.
    3. Decide that you're going to totally focus on this one project. No more "next big thing".
    4. Isolate the biggest "problem" that people have in that niche
    5. Come up with a quality product that solves that problem (could be your own, a plr, or an affiliate product)
    6. Put together a sales funnel that includes at least one oto
    7. Market the h*** out of it every day.
    And yes, when you get the formula right... what's that phrase... "rinse and repeat" while continuing your marketing.
    I would have saved one heck of a lot of time online if someone had given me this simple formula way back then.

ChristineR, Jan 28, 2011 IP