1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wht is Link Baiting ???

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mansijoshi, Dec 29, 2007.

Anybody knows that wht is Link Baiting?? Its latest buzz word in SEO world.

anyone cn brief me abt it.
    Give me a example that i can show it as well.

cheers,

Happy New Year in advance.

mansijoshi, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  2. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not for sure about this, but...

I think it is where you put something on a web site that can be downloaded or maybe even listented to, so that people will be enticed to link to it. Thus creating a viral effect on backlinking marketing. So if you had a mp3 of how to make a million dollars, and allowed people to access it for free, a lot of other marketers might want to provide a link to it on their site. This creates back links for your site that is hosting the file.

But I don't know... that is just my guess. I would kind of like to know myself.

jjpmarketing, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  3. princeofindia

princeofindia Guest

Best Answers:
    Its putting somnething interesting ("how to", "10 steps to" kind of articles, interesting photos or videos) on yoiur site which others will link to from their sites/blogs.

princeofindia, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  4. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Link baiting is effectively a link building tactic. The goal is usually to obtain as many relevant inbound links to your site as possible. Although link baiting is somewhat of a gray area, this is often achieved by presenting and marketing your site in a manner that captures or “baits” someone’s attention enough that they are motivated to link to it.

A few examples of link baiting would be:

Informational- Provide content or tools a reader will find useful. People don’t care what you are selling unless it is somehow relevant or beneficial to them.

• Content will usually present a means of eliciting an emotional response such as that derived through humor, anger, etc. Tell a good joke. :)
    • Tools will typically fill a niche market that provides either new or “superior” functionality to any utility that is currently available.

News - Become your own original news service. Challenge today’s media with interesting substantiated facts in a refreshingly enticing manner.

Attacks – Although ad hominem attacks tend to be bad form and could potentially get you sued, they will definitely garner your site a bit of attention. It may be a tad more useful to attack an idea. ;)

Additional information may be found in the DP archives:

Hope this helps-

Alex.

m42, Dec 29, 2007 IP
    jjpmarketing likes this.
  5. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Searching about it on G can get you some coool informative articles on this. Make a search ;) :)

mixke, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. Mental

Mental Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is an article on link baiting: link bait

Mental, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  7. pickagun

pickagun Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa! All this time I was linkbaiting (poorly I suppose) and I never knew about it. Thanks for the definition

pickagun, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  8. mansijoshi

mansijoshi Peon

Best Answers:

Thnaks dear , now i got it perfectly.

mansijoshi, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  9. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just a silly buzzword that refers to aggressive, infectious link marketing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_bait#Link_bait

Like Bum Marketing, these b-words are just simply bxxxsxxt words coined to crystallise ideas that are really nothing new and lure gullible laymen to buy their ebooks and whatever obvious stuff they churn out!:)

tradester, Dec 30, 2007 IP