1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who's your favorite domain registrar?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by slayer, Sep 11, 2008.

1. links4rank

links4rank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use http://www.powerhoster.com and have been with them since 2002.

I began to know they are reseller of godaddy but their prices are even cheaper ( eg. $6.95 .com, and .$9.98 .co.uk ) than godaddy.

I also register domains in resellone.

links4rank, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  2. VisualMaster

VisualMaster Guest

Best Answers:
    VisualMaster, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  3. GerryRosso

GerryRosso Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, am Gerry from NetSol. Given that we comp domains for anyone who hosts with us for more than a year, we think we’re highly competitive with GoDaddy and NameCheap. We offer a much more competitive suite of small business solutions.  Besides, neither of them are engaged and listening to the community like we are.

GerryRosso, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  4. magnulia

magnulia Peon

Best Answers:
    I use domainmonster.com - UK based company. last time they offer 1 free .eu domain for all registered client, I'm one of the fortune group. Although I don't know much about domain regulation, it seems domainmonster.com is a big boy in regulating .eu domain as only they allow changing of whois info in .eu domain, other registrars must get their approval for doing so.

magnulia, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  5. KyserSoze

KyserSoze Member

Best Answers:
    KyserSoze, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  6. YourIdealDomain

YourIdealDomain Peon

Best Answers:
    Name.com is by far my favourite registrar. The price of registering a ".com" just increased to $7.99 from $5.99 a few days ago. I am still going to use it though. Name.com doesn't bother with bulk pricing, they just offer great prices on individual domain registrations. They also offer free whois privacy. It is simple to initiate a push. You only need the recipient's account code and you can push the domain(s) almost instantly into their account. They have a very simple registration process. They have a very easy to use control panel.

Before I used Name.com, I used GoDaddy and have never looked back. GoDaddy only offers competitive pricing if you are willing to buy large quantities of domains. If you wait until you have a large quantity of domains worth registering, most of them will be gone by the time you actually register them. The registration process is very annoying. I remember registering domains and having to go through countless pages of advertisements for add-ons that you could buy with your domain. Then several more pages to fill in your information. GoDaddy probably has one of the worst whois privacy services of any registrar. You have to go to a separate site and log into another account just to activate it. If I understand it correctly, you lose your whois privacy if you disable it at all. Many domain sites such as Sedo have to check whois info to verify ownership of a domain. If you disable whois privacy to let a company verify your information, you will have to pay for it again and go through the process of enabling it again. I could be wrong about that though, but I don't think that I am. The control panel is very unprofessional and frustrating. It takes forever to do anything in the GoDaddy control panel. It has been a while since I pushed a domain with GoDaddy or received a domain push through Godaddy, but back when I did, it was a very long process. To push a domain, you needed the recipient's full contact info to make the push. Then the recipient had to go through the process of buying the domain for $0.00(which makes a lot of sense) to receive the domain. I think it may have changed since then and I don't know if it is any better now.

YourIdealDomain, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  7. imik2345

imik2345 Peon

Best Answers:
    I always use Mydomain.com as I can always find a coupon for renewals or I use Moniker, never any problems with either.

imik2345, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  8. Sports General

Sports General Peon

Best Answers:
    I use GoDaddy and I have not had a single complaint on their services up to now.

Sports General, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  9. calcalmx123

calcalmx123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    name.com and namecheap.com go daddy tokes too long to transfer domains and is advanced i like nice simple name and namecheap so i can get on with what i need to do quickly

calcalmx123, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  10. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Triple.com

blueparukia, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  11. onesteptomillion

onesteptomillion Peon

Best Answers:
    i use godaddy, netfirms and namecheap and now i settle to namecheap because the registration is fast, easy and the price is good with free private whois.

onesteptomillion, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  12. sharp

sharp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    godaddy.com is the best..as i feel.

sharp, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  13. Scar

Scar Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to use GoDaddy exclusively, but recently I started buying domains at Namecheap because of the free private registration. One thing I don't like about Namecheap though is that even though they offer free URL forwarding, they won't allow you to forward to domains that are on their spam list. The problem with that is that a lot of affiliate links are blocked because of that spam list. GoDaddy will let you forward to pretty much anywhere.

Scar, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  14. Lionlef

Lionlef Peon

Best Answers:
    My favourite is Namecheap

Lionlef, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  15. Midwest

Midwest Banned

Best Answers:
    Nc :) Haha

Midwest, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  16. MelogKnaj

MelogKnaj Guest

Best Answers:
    namecheap, don't use anything else.

MelogKnaj, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  17. bobbym

bobbym Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using bluehost.com for all my domains

bobbym, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  18. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i believe bluehost registers domains through fastdomain.com, their own domain registration website

slayer, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  19. newcity

newcity Peon

Best Answers:
    So many people like Dynadot and Name.com ? I like Dynadot and Namecheap! No more no less.

newcity, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  20. nutty professor

nutty professor Banned

Best Answers:
    I love name.com . They have good interface as well as cheap plans :)

nutty professor, Sep 19, 2008 IP