1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who's stripping their CSS tomorrow?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by dulcenegosyante, Apr 8, 2008.

People are stripping off their CSS and showing off their <body> in celebration of CSS Naked Day 2008. My make more money online blog will join it for the first time and I'm excited. How many are stripping tomorrow?

dulcenegosyante, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  2. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh wow, I'd never heard of this. I like the idea. Too bad almost all of my code is sitting on local machines, while the outdated ones are still online. But we'll have like 4-6 sites that can participate next year!

Stomme poes, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  3. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, because I don't have any online sites, I'll just use Lynx tomorrow....

blueparukia, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  4. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not going to participate, it feels too much like the time I went "snype hunting".

joebert, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  5. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Snipe hunting is only fun when you get your friends to do it. : )

Stomme poes, Apr 8, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  6. dulcenegosyante

dulcenegosyante Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to use Aja's WordPress Naked Day plugin to take care of the CSS stripping tomorrow. Hahaha. I've seen some website already started with the stripping.

7. joebert

Best Answers:
    It would be pretty funny if someone inadvertantly exposed "hidden keywords" on their site by doing this.

joebert, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  8. dulcenegosyante

dulcenegosyante Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha... I get what you mean. Looks like the number is now approaching to 1k websites joining the fun. Yeah, show off those <body>! :)

9. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I kind of think this is a silly idea. Pretty much all of my sites that I work on are targeted towards consumers who would probably just leave if there were no CSS styles applied. I don't really see the reasoning behind killing all of my sales for three entire days.

I would rather support naked CSS day by being naked while coding any CSS, though my co-workers would probably disagree.

ChaosFoo, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  10. d0ggy

d0ggy Peon

Best Answers:
    snipe hunt... LOL.

i'll hold the bag, you bang the sticks!

i ain't doin' it, that's fer damn sure!

d0ggy, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  11. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    You know, this naked CSS day thing is getting really annoying. I keep going to websites that have information I need, and all of them look like I am reading a Word document. If I wanted to look at web pages like this, I would go back to 1989.

I vote for banning naked CSS day for the rest of the existence of the world.

ChaosFoo, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  12. RTL

RTL Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the most dumbest concept ever. Businesses are supposed to benefit from holidays, whether seeing a surge in customers or letting employees have a day off. Why turn away potential long-term repeat visitors due to your site looking like crap because of some stupid, unofficial, poorly developed, inane, pointless, retarded, dumb "holiday"?

RTL, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  13. RTL

RTL Active Member

Best Answers:
    In light of the news of this terrible, terrible idea; I've come up with a much superior concept:

Ad-Free Day

Most people find ads to be the height of annoyance anyway, why not have one day dedicated to stripping the ads from your website to make it less cluttered and expose what your website is truly about, and possibly attract potential repeat visitors; rather than making your site look like crap, and losing potential repeat visitors.

RTL, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  14. joebert

Best Answers:
    Every day is ad-free day, anywhere you go the most popular downloads are adblockers & spyware removal applications. Frankly it baffles me as to why advertisers would actually pay people to place advertisements on their site in light of that fact. :scratchhead:

joebert, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  15. Cobnut

Cobnut Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, probably because a very significant percentage of web users don't block ads. Any half-decent advertiser would stop their campaigns if they found they weren't getting a decent ROI.

Bear in mind also that the most prevalent ads on the Net are Google Adsense ads and the payment is directly related to the number of clicks received. No clicks = no payment so it doesn't matter to the advertiser if the ads are blocked by some of the visitors.

Jon

Cobnut, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  16. stickycarrots

stickycarrots Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that vote

stickycarrots, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  17. astarwebdesigns

astarwebdesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a fun concept but for people not knowing what this naked event is, they're guna think whoever the webmaster is $ucks at CSS or has completely lost hope on that website and doesnt update it

id only take part if i had a blog i could screw around with, which i dont, cuz blogs are a waste of internet space!

astarwebdesigns, Apr 15, 2008 IP