1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who's Still Buying Links?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Jason Green, Nov 13, 2007.

?

Are You Still Buying Links?

1. No - I never bought links and never will

49 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. No - The Google Penalization Scare Me!

19 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Yeah - It's Still Working Well For Me

66 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. Yeah - But I have reduced my spending just in case.

22 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. blogdude

blogdude Peon

Best Answers:
    When is the next Google update coming? Lets calm down, wait, and see what happens next. I believe that the end product Google is trying to create is the best search experience possible. So if your website truly does offer the best answer to a specific search then you should rank highly for it and spam sites should be removed or rank very low. 99% of the people doing massive link trading and such have crappy sites. If they would take the time to figure out how to give the search engines and Google specifically what they want they would fare much better. Social search will do this anyway. You can cheat once or twice to get on Digg, but soon you will be found out and ousted or banned. Same with the rest of search. Look at Steve Pavlina's blog (stevepavlina.com). He does not spam, makes one post a week or so and gets more traffic then he knows what to do with. He doesn't need to submit to Digg or Del.icio.us, his readers do that for him. he doesn't have to worry about rankings, keywords, advertising, adsense,etc... If you write and link crap you will become crap. If you write great material (aka link bait) you will become great. It doesn't matter, it will happen. On average one piece of average link bait is worth more than 1,000 decent articles. Learn to feed Google (link bait), not cheat it. And then get ready to retire early.
    If you build it right (link bait) - they (highly targeted buying traffic) will come.

blogdude, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Nice account, but that doesn't really prove anything other than you know how to make money :)...with or without Google. That's the real trick online today, good work. Experts suggest that it is never a good idea to plan on more than 25% of your traffic from Google. I can see that you have subscriptions in your account. Once you build your list of faithful subscribers, whether Google bans you for buying and selling links won't effect you subscriptions.

My point is that if you layout your business plan well, penalties will not have a significant effect on your earnings. If you are looking for Google traffic stay within the guidelines.

[​IMG].

Unfortunately Google makes there own law. If they *think* you are buying links you're banned with no chance to defend yourself.

H

Homer, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  3. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    That is great advice that everyone should pay attention too :)

Jason Green, Nov 29, 2007 IP