1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

who wanted a laptop? some nice dell deals going on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shoemoney, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    You can actually make a heap of money buying Guitars from America/Canada and selling them to UKers. With your British citizenship Fryman, you could set up a base in the UK and pay less tax on all the sales. Just an idea ;)

Weirfire, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Cool... I'll have to check that out.

BTW, today was my great day! I went over to the Embassy and took the oath to become a British citizen... kind of weird being locked up in a room full of people speaking English, lol, but at least now I have my shiny little paper that says I am British :D

fryman, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    You had to take an oath?

SEbasic, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yup, had to go over to the ambassador's house and take an oath... after that we had some champagne and had a brief chat with him about the recent bombings. Seems that next year the UK will start using some high-tech passports whith a chip in them that will have all your iris information to identify you.

fryman, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  5. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Well, that's 1 thing you knew about my country that I didn't :rolleyes: I bet that's going to cost a fortune.

6. eiso

eiso Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnaks for the tip but I rather go for that sweet looking apple IBook have any tips to buy that cheap?

eiso, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  7. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I gotta ask, what did you take an oath on ?? It's not as if we've even got a constitution in this country.

jlawrence, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  8. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I'm actually looking to buy a cheapish new PC in the UK. I've got a budget of about £300 and would welcome any tips :)

9. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    to pledge allegiance to the queen? :confused:

10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    "I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as a British Citizen."

There was also another part, can't remember if there was any mention about the queen, I was too nervous to even know what I was saying, lol

fryman, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool man - Champaign with the Ambassador - niiiiiiiice.

I have a French Passport - Costs quite a bit already... I wonder if they will change too?

So I guess the UK passports will be like the new ones in Pakistan - They're meant to be one of the best now...

SEbasic, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I started my parent company selling computers on ebay. I quit doing it cause for the money really web stuff I am finding more profitable atm.

I only buy when deals are as good as they are right now. Usually about once every quarter or so with the whopper deals in february when dell turns over models.

Last time I bought dell poweredge 1600sc 2.8ghz p4 servers with 2 80gb drive 512 ram and stuff for 225$ apiece. I sold them on ebay for 350-500 apiece. I was able to make enough profit to keep 5 for myself for my new test area at home and give 1 to my parents and 1 to my mother in law.

Dell Poweredge machines on ebay have a wicked great name. Tons of people will just search for poweredge.

I always try to have a local buyer but ebay is my last out generally.

Really you could just stand outside best buy and sell these out of your trunk all day for what people are paying for far less quality.

ALso if you want some contacts with remarketers I have been there done that also ;) But its labor and im lazy.

Shoemoney, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  13. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the deals, shoe. Just in time after I got my dell laptop for not such a great deal. Then again, Latitudes are rarely on sale

Liminal, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  14. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I made a post on my weblog about how I got started in business and I went into a lot more detail about the re marketing business in my blog (ad free). I don't do that anymore but thought someone might find it interesting if they wanted to do it. Its definitely profitable. I might go back to it someday if/when this web advertising bubble bursts

http://www.googleninja.com/how-i-started-my-business/

also is a picture of the first bulk order I got where there is like 20 computers in our wood floor dining room.. my wife was pissed =P

Shoemoney, Aug 13, 2005 IP