1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is The marketing expert in here?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by spycraft, May 12, 2009.

Hello all,

I am looking for a marketing expert to pick his/her brain for a few minutes in a brief chat session.

If you have some spare time and are willing to help out a newbie in the development field, please let me know.

I know most of the ways to market - I don't know which one is the most effective and how to utilize my time properly. I know what kind of services are out there - I don't know which services I should purchase.

You could even be someone trying to pitch your service to me - I am fine with that :) Just know your business well and maybe you'll get a good return customer through that few minutes in chat.

Looking forward.

Thanks!

spycraft, May 12, 2009 IP
  2. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    James Dean Nash, May 12, 2009 IP
  3. Nixies

Nixies Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it possible you could give us a bit more information on what you are marketing. Different products require very different apporaches.

Nixies, May 13, 2009 IP
  4. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Nixies,

I am not trying to market a specific product. I am open to almost anything really.. I have so many domains to choose from, so if you or someone else who knows the industry well, tell me that I should start a site about loans because that niche pays well or for any other reason, then loans it is.

I have already been accepted in most affiliate programs so there is a big variety of options to choose from.

Let me know if this answers your question :)

spycraft, May 13, 2009 IP
  5. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta admit that I expected to be flooded with PMs. So far, I had nothing in my inbox. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

spycraft, May 13, 2009 IP
  6. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, for one reason, most here are dumbasses. Second reason, the few of us here who do know what we are talking about get tired of so many who ask for help, yet they don't even listen. It's like, we wasted all that time. In addition to that, we get tired also of giving away free advice. Our time is limited.

On top of that, most don't even bother to say "thank you," and, they write like ten-year olds, with the u instead of the you, and the poor grammar and not using spell check.

So...

Whew, got that off my chest. heh heh heh

Just ask it in your thread(s), and maybe you will get the answer(s) you are looking for.

copper12, May 13, 2009 IP
    Gallito likes this.
  7. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    The marketing expert is the community as a whole, the "gurus" such as ShoeMoney will not want to spend time speaking 1 v 1 and the ones foolish enough to call themselves experts probably don't have the slightest idea what they are talking about. I hate to be a "search button" troll but the best way is to go through these forums and look at the different perspectives that people offer.

Gallito, May 13, 2009 IP
  8. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Copper and Gallito,

Thanks to both for your responses.

Honestly, if I was a marketing expert, I wouldn't even bother teaching someone just helping him/her out. It might sound harsh but it's the truth. I could be spending my time DOING instead of TEACHING.

However, let me assure you that I am not your typical "noob". Even though I am a noob in this area of the industry, I am definitely not new to marketing as a whole.. and the same rules apply to both online and offline marketing. I actually do consider myself an "expert" when it comes to marketing a product offline - even though I disagree with this term, especially when it comes to marketing. I am sure that even if you were to ask one of the "gurus", he would tell you that he learns new techniques everyday. The internet is probably one of the fastest evolving industries, so it is fair to assume that an expert nowadays, could turn into a noob a few years from now. The big difference between offline and online marketing is the platforms you use in order to market your products and that's the area I lack experience on when it comes to marketing online.

What I am trying to say is, that I am not asking for free advice. Some of you are offering SEO or other marketing services. I ask that instead of spending the time in working for one of my sites, you spend that same time telling me what are the steps that you follow. I wouldn't might paying for such advice if it really is worth paying for.

That's all :) Looking forward to both your responses.

spycraft, May 14, 2009 IP