1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who Is The Best & Cheapest Authorize.net Reseller?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by jvfconsulting, Feb 4, 2008.

I'm currently using A2 Hosting as an Authorize.net reseller and I have not had any problems but I would like to save some money by moving to another reseller. I came across http://unitedbankservice.com which has no setup fee and unbeatable 1.62% transaction fee. Does anyone here know of a cheaper or better reseller?

jvfconsulting, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like they have an annual fee which will negate some of your savings. Plus that chart they have comparing rates is totally bogus. I wouldn't feel too confident in their program.

And that 1.62% transaction fee is for retail stores only. You'd be paying the 2.10% fee.

What are you paying now for your merchant account and gateway?

stymiee, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    $79.00 setup fee, $15.00 per month, first 250 transactions free then $.05 each. Thats at 2.29% last I checked.
    Which reseller do you recommend?

jvfconsulting, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  4. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    That Authnet plan isn't bad. The monthly fee is a bit high (should be around $10) but the transaction fees are good and can save you a lot of money over time.

The 2.29% isn't bad. I'd call it average. Do you know what their transaction fee is?

stymiee, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Typically you see a $10 / month charge with a setup fee, or $15 - 20 / month without any setup fee.

The transaction fee, statement, monthly min, and other fees are really what determines if you are getting a good deal or not. Unless you have a high ticket 2.1% and 2.29% are going to cost about the same, so the other fees will determine if you are getting a good deal.

jestep, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  6. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    I just heard about 2Checkout.com and the service they provide. It doesn't look like they're Authorize.net but how are they?

jvfconsulting, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  7. TeraTree

TeraTree Active Member

Best Answers:
    2checkout seems expensive. How are you processing? shopping cart? physical swipe? manual keying. Those generally all get different fee and rates. Have you checked out cdgcommerce.com? PM me if you go with them if you dont mind, ill give you my referral code.

They have a virtual authnet gateway and they can also use authnet.

TeraTree, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  8. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    That place looks pretty good! Whats up with this offer they have for a Free Payment Gateway Program?
    http://cdgcommerce.com/free-payment-gateway.php

jvfconsulting, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  9. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    That's their proprietary gateway they offer. If you are going to use it be sure to choose the Authorize.Net compatibility mode. That way if you ever leave them you can switch to Authorize.Net very easily without having to make major changes to your website.

stymiee, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  10. surfdigital

surfdigital Peon

Best Answers:
    unitedbankservice.com has now lowered the gateway fee to $6 free setup and also free WordPress and hosting.

I used my own domain and use it as customer service support site, as well as a marketing channel.

surfdigital, Nov 9, 2017 IP
  11. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I'm a reseller for USA epay & yes there is the initial setup fee & a yearly security fee.

It's $25/month for upto 5,000 transactions, no percentage. If you need more than that, we can discuss pricing.

I'm not a fan of Authorize at all. They once shut down my account (back in 2003) without any warning for no reason at all. That kind of unethical behavior is uncalled for.

If you are interested, let me know.

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Nov 21, 2017 IP