1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who Is Stealing Your Commission Junction Hard-earned Money?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Bohol, Aug 4, 2008.

1. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Um... what? :confused::confused::confused:

tvmatt, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  2. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CJ cant cheat intentionally if its a reputed company... some sales are not tracking coz their tracking system sucks.. in that case its the advertiser who gets the benefit as they are getting a free lead/sale...

Minterest, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  3. 2rich2die

2rich2die Peon

Best Answers:
    Ouch.. that would be too bad :mad:

2rich2die, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  4. FisHerman65

FisHerman65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been very suspicious of CJ ripping me off like this, clickbank also but this forum isn't about the latter.

FisHerman65, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  5. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    If you understand CJ's business model, your theory makes no sense. For every commission that is paid through CJ, CJ makes ~30% of what you get. That's how CJ makes money. If CJ doesn't pay you a commission, they don't get their fees. Therefore, CJ has every incentive to make sure that all transactions are tracked.

CJ is owned by ValueClick, a large, publicly traded company. CJ has legally binding contracts with both the advertisers and the affiliates. Advertisers have legally binding contracts with CJ, and they cannot skim transactions. Therefore, if they're "skimming" transactions, that is illegal. Since ValueClick is a large, publicly traded company, I can guarantee you that nothing illegal is going on. As with any public company of that size, they have third-party auditors verifying their books & compliance.

Why is everyone so damn paranoid?

tvmatt, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  6. Drreynolds

Drreynolds Banned

Best Answers:
    tvmatt is absolutly right , that is the way cj works , if they dont pay you they will not get anything , afterall they have no time to look for few people and steal thier comm....Its a valueclick company and its one of the biggest Gaints out there buddy , so dont be foolish to think like that...LOL:)

Drreynolds, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  7. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i heard CJ was one of the only big aff companies that gets audited by 3rd party companies so makes it the least likely to be skimming leads.

Also as someone who knows about the BH world CJ is indeed making a big step to eliminate cookie stuff, forced clicks etc. However this has only been in the last few months.

WharfeValley Systems, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  8. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    It would be trivial for CJ to skim and the books add up, all they need is a publishers account and attribute 1 in every X sales to it instead of the real publisher then they get 30% commission as normal and the other 70% for making the sale.

sweetfunny, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  9. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned before, I work on the advertiser side as well as the publisher side. I work with multiple different advertisers to help manage their affiliate programs. We keep in close contact with all affiliates, know where the traffic is coming from, and have met many of our affiliates face-to-face at conferences and such. I can tell you that without a doubt, CJ does not do anything like this. This would be against the contract that CJ signs with both publishers and advertisers. CJ would get sued in no time flat. Trust me, every advertiser would have noticed it by now if that was the case.

ValueClick is a publicly traded & audited company. They are not screwing advertisers, and they're not screwing publishers. Advertisers & CJ want every possible commission to track. For example, search affiliates are a good number of the top affiliates in CJ. If search affiliates aren't getting all the commissions that they're entitled to, then their ROI goes down. If their ROI isn't positive, the search affiliates will stop ALL promotion. At the end of the day, everyone loses.

I still have no clue why everyone on DP assumes that these large, publicly traded, and third-party audited companies don't follow legally binding contracts. That's dangerous for both business & shareholders.

Enough already, the conspiracy theories are getting really old.

tvmatt, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  10. jdan39

jdan39 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is way above my pay grade...as someone else we all know said. I wish I knew whether CJ comm's could be stolen or not...in non-techie language :eek:)

I have just put a package of lasvegas, venetian hotel, closet-organizer, garden, build-an-ebusiness, and more.
    if interested send me a pm. as I haven't met 10 post quota yet.

jdan39, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  11. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    You have said it well in defense of both publishers and advertisers at CJ. I just hope that everything is done in honesty and there actually wasn't any shadowy activities at CJ.

Bohol, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  12. socoolest

socoolest Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with Bohol's point,and I' m newbie .This is the first time I say here.

socoolest, Sep 14, 2008 IP