1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is making under $5 a day with Adsense?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by moneymakingguru, May 5, 2007.

?

What is your Average Earnings per day with Adsense?

1. Under $1

266 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Under $2

89 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Under $3

55 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Under $4

34 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Under $5

80 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treacle

Treacle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all

I just wanted to post the advice given by Allan on a couple of my sites

Thanks

Treacle

Site1 - template issues..
    try to redesign it to fit 336X280 ads.. if worst scenario, 300X250... any smaller will reduce CTR % at every size down..

Site1 - specific page
    Best is 336.. And above the fold please all of the entire ads.. And try to keep the ads in the center of the browser.. Color of fonts not ideal. Well the background of the site just makes it not very versatile.. If you can try to redesign the site with a white background. Works best for me. Easy to match with other colors. Easy on the eyes too..

Site 2 is not too bad.. just that the color of the fonts... I think if both the site you can redesign it with white background, then the font issue will not be that great. And easier on the eyes..

Seriously, that is another proven tip. Look at these sites:
    http://www.cnn.com/
    http://www.webmd.com/
    http://www.google.com/
    http://www.yahoo.com/

I mean these are big online companies, if they are doing it white, why not use their proven results...

For now, thats all i can say.. template issue. change background of sites.

Treacle, May 6, 2007 IP
  2. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, great thread, your really giving out usable valid information for the entire forum. Thanks

catyack, May 8, 2007 IP
  3. Munnybagz

Munnybagz Peon

Best Answers:
    Name: Paris
    URL: www.funnymunny.ca
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: Under a buck! But I'm making a li'l bit more with a contracted ad.
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: Hmm... around 20 hours :p

Munnybagz, May 9, 2007 IP
  4. brielevan

brielevan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Salute.. Guru

Can I get reviewed too?

Name: Briel
    URL: http://earn-some.blogspot.com
    Unique visitors a day: 20 - 50
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: under $1
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 10 - 20 hours

brielevan, May 9, 2007 IP
  5. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try to redesign it to fit 336X280 ads.. if worst scenario, 300X250... any smaller will reduce CTR % at every size down..

I m not a fan of tower ads, been there done that, not effective. If you have read this entire thread you should know why.

"Making Money Work - As told by a 13-year-old financial advisor." quite a claim.. which probably will not attract a lot of people to find your words of wisdom to be credible. Maybe you want to change that.

Nice white background.. need a bit more high contrast colours to attract viewers 's attention to whatever place you want them to look at.

Your headless logo is very distractive, i look at it 1st thing... not your adlinks.. If the logo does not make you money, drop it, or make a much simpler logo.

336X280 above the fold. That will give you something and if you can build on backlinks.. your PR1 is telling me you are not getting much traffic from SE and probably from other sites too. So i am giving you one backlink from below.

Hope this helps.

Allan

moneymakingguru, May 9, 2007 IP
  6. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Try 336X280 instead of 468.. and see if that helps.
    Reason, more ads (4 instead of 2) more choices for viewers and its less banner like so viewers will tend to see if more like part of content and will take notice of it.

Personally, i would prefer a less wider template... your template should be about close to 900px wide, i would personally prefer to have it at 850 max. Ideal is about 800-820. And i would always want my 336X280 right in the middle of the page. above the fold.. try to do that and yoou will probably get a happier you.

At the same time, build on your links and go to places where you want people to read your post.. get links from those places and you will get both links and traffic...

And that will probably help with your income too.

Allan

moneymakingguru, May 10, 2007 IP
  7. FeedMeGossip

FeedMeGossip Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Russell,
    1st of all, I love that top image, very nice very clean. It reminds me of a flash website. But the fact that you have to scroll down, (with my laptop resolution, 1024X768) and that it is such a big image, you can not really make full use of the above the fold ruling..

Other than that, good that you have 336X280... but its quite obvious that its not blended into the contents.. so most readers will not even glance at it.

If you can make it in such a way that, the 1st thing people see is the ads block when they load your page.. you will be sure that you will increase the chance of people coming back to your ads, after reading your contents.

That is how the brain works i guess. the 1st milliseconds of your page loading is the most important.

Ask me, i will take away that huge sexy image and shift everything up.

That should help abit..

Get more links to your site.. BTW i love your social bookmarking tools.

If you don't mind, post this into the forum..

Allan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeedMeGossip
    Russell
    http://feedmegossip.com
    I'm on the computer all the time at work. I can probably commit like 3-4 hours a day spread out.

Thanks in advance.

FeedMeGossip, May 10, 2007 IP
  8. izhar_saifi

izhar_saifi Guest

Best Answers:
    i am making less than 1$

izhar_saifi, May 10, 2007 IP
  9. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Name: Chad
    Site URL: http://www.musicedmagic.com
    Amount per day: I normally make around $1 a day, sometimes as much as $2 but never more than that.
    Time spent each day: 1-2 hours each evening researching, writing, and submitting an email newsletter that I also post to my blog for non-subscribers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have always thought that my keywords were simply too specialized to draw in large amounts of traffic, but I am very open to other interpretations of what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong!

Maestroc, May 13, 2007 IP
  10. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Name: Stubsy
    URL: financial independence
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $1-2
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 8hrs

stubsy, May 13, 2007 IP
  11. turbodog

turbodog Peon

Best Answers:
    I make under 2 buck a day but it would be a little more if I could just figure out why some of my ads aren't paying for impressions.

turbodog, May 13, 2007 IP
  12. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Chad,
    Whats your forte?

http://www.musicedmagic.com/
    Nice template, i like the clean look, white background, you got the template centralised which is brilliant, you might be better off with a 468 than a 234 Adsense block on the top. However i still think a 336 will give you much success. Try this, set up a table on the top.. 2 column, 1 column 336 ads, the other put the navigation contents,
    Paradise Burning
    Band Trip Student Dies In Hotel Pool
    Patriotic Sheet Music Available
    Including Special Needs Students In Band
    that will probably make the ads blend in more and the site will look more visitor friendly.

Put the 120X60 banner into the sidebar.. much more appropriate.. also consider putting the opt in box like a web form on the sidebar to make it easier for your visitors to sign up to your opt in.

http://www.musicedmagic.com/music-education-news/
    Any possiblity to add a 336 on top again?

http://www.musicedmagic.com/music-e...rowning-update-give-back-the-instruments.html
    Lovely ads on the top. could do the same for the bottom..

Overall i think your site is ok..
    Maybe lack of traffic to test all the optimised ads..
    All your post are not very long... content wise you are not very rich i think... I dunnno what you can write about... but at the moment it seems that you do not have a lot of targetted KWs...

My guess is you are not getting a lot of targetted SE traffic.. not the kind of traffic that you really want. Maybe you can look into getting more SEO-lised targetted contents? (sorry about the link, just getting another targetted backlink).

And seriously, i dun see much theme orientated contents.. Very random off topic post... Are you using some automated stuff?

I think you need to sit down one weekend and use paper and pen... draft out a concrete plan for your site.. go away from the computer for awhile.. use paper and pen.. Spend a good 45mins - 3 hours if you need to.. I think you will see a bigger picture with paper and pen... mind-mapping.

Hope you benefit from this.

Allan

moneymakingguru, May 14, 2007 IP
    stubsy likes this.
  13. seohyderabad

seohyderabad Peon

Best Answers:
    Name: love104
    URL: www.love104.org
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: 1-2$
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: i spend 1 hour a day

seohyderabad, May 14, 2007 IP
  14. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Hi Stubsy,

http://financial-independence.net/
    Could do better with 336 in the middle, above the fold..

http://financial-independence.net/are-uk-house-prices-secure
    same with the homepage. Could do better with 336 in the middle, above the fold.. and bottom..

Rationale is simple. You want to the reader to see the ads 1st thing they load your page, and last thing when they finish reading your ads. And make sure your contents are good, then they will have a higher tendency to "trust" you, and possibly clicking on ads that they are interested in.

A new suggestion is, try to load your pages.. and see what kind of ads are appearing.. And see if you can use the ads to write a sentence or 2 in your contents, something like a open ended questions that will trigger their interest into something.. ie. you have lots of remortage ads appearing in your pages.. and then you are doing a remortgage content.. towards the end, maybe you can write something like this, "Ever wonder how to find those good remortgage deals?" Or "A lot of people are looking for good remortgage rates, are you?"

And if they are geniunely loooking for remortgage deals, they will probably be very likely to be interested with the ads that is shown on your pages.. And the best part is, it is not against the TOS.. as you are not encouraging the readers to click on your ads.

Hope this helps.

Allan

15. QuEST

QuEST Peon

Best Answers:
    QuEST, May 14, 2007 IP
  16. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Above the fold 336X280... A bit wide this template is..
    I think traffic wise, you know what you are doing since you are an search engine optimizer too

17. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Make up your mind as to which is your priority.

Increase Adsense clicks or Increase Sales?? Once you got that embedded in your mind, you will know what you should do...

Allan

18. seohyderabad

seohyderabad Peon

Best Answers:
    thx moneymakingguru,

ya i am a seo n generating close to 1000 uniques a day
    but earning are less compared to clicks on this site
    15+ clicks n just 1$ to 1.5 $ most of the time

seohyderabad, May 14, 2007 IP
  19. sacx13

sacx13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

I see the best format is 336X280 but how to redesign a forum for this format ? For example my forum http://www.webmasterstalks.com is like other hundreads of forums and I cannot put 336 banners in my threads ... I have some good traffic but max per day is aprox max 1$ ...

Regards

sacx13, May 14, 2007 IP
  20. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    15 clicks with $1.50 is consider good for this topic right???
    1000 uniques 15 clicks is a bit low CTR.

hey, you want to try something?? You got 3 column right.. shift the middle column to the left side and let your contents be in the middle.. And then, put 1 tower, follow by 2, 336X280.. on top and bottom of post contents.

I know usually i dun recommend tower ads but becos your contents are poems, which is short sentences, so to make it blend more with the ads, you need tower ads..

My 2 pence..

Update us if you do try it..

Thanks..

Last one for today..

Allan

seohyderabad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.