1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is better than paypal to receive payments

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by bbrian017, Aug 21, 2008.

I'm currently using paypal but for every 100usd I get they are taking like 10 usd!

Anyone know an online company that won't take this fee?

Thanks

bbrian017

bbrian017, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. Cakk15

Cakk15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Another site like paypal is alertpay look at them

Cakk15, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know their charges are when it comes to receiving payments?

http://www.yawoop.com/

I own a bid link Directory and when I sell a link for 1usd I only get 60 cents!

4. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Abhik, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. bluray50

bluray50 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try alertpay my friend, soon they will release a debit card, and for now you can withdraw through Wire Bank.

bluray50, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  6. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    How come they take $10 fee for every $100? Miss calculation? Use this tool http://ppcalc.com to check how much Paypal will charge you.

I believe 2CO transaction fee is much higher than Paypal.

dynashox, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  7. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    Guys I don't have time to "check out" these places I just need to know of a service provider that doesn't take money from you when you receive it! or as little as possible!

Does anyone know of such a company?

8. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of it you can try. Moneybookers, E-Gold, Alertpay and 2CO are some of them. I'm not going to give you a direct suggestion which one you should choose because I only been using Paypal so far, and I don't care too much about the fees they're charging me.

dynashox, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  9. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    When I first started I didn't get much money to me, but now I'm starting to make some decent coin online and I hate seeing paypal take so much!

10. Cypri0t

Cypri0t Banned

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers.

Cypri0t, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most payment processors would charge more than Paypal as Paypal is amongst the lowest in the industry.

Moneybookers levy the fees on the sender so when they send you the money, the sender would have to pay the fees and the one receiving does not pay anything. It however requires the sender to first load their account with their credit card or wire transfer before being able to pay you. It would be costier for your customers in this sense.

E-Gold is even more complicated because e-gold does not do currency exchanges and you need to find people with existing e-gold funds which you would then negotiate to do the currency conversion yourself. Now that e-gold is goind down with the drain with its system being used with money laundering activities may no longer be around much longer in its current state at least.

Alertpay is comparable in fees to paypal if the other party pays you from existing balance at 2.5% + 0.25cents but if they pay you through a credit card, the fees goes up to 5% + 0.25cents . See https://www.alertpay.com/Fees.aspx which would be marginally higher than Paypal almost flat rate for both credit card and existing balance at about 1.9% to 3.4% + 0.30 cents. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside&countries=ROW

2Checkout would charge marginally more. In the real world, the fees are much higher than that levied by Paypal. If you think that you are not making enough money, you can always raise your prices so that your own profit is more than the fees you pay paypal.

eddy2099, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  12. torhost

torhost Banned

Best Answers:
    Screw E-Gold, Screw Alert Pay

Moneybookers.

torhost, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  13. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    I have a money brokers account I never used it really... I had to sign up in order to pay the member that did the blog design at blogengage blog.

Thanks for the insight eddy2099 it's greatly appreciated! Seem it's sad to say but paypal is the best available...

14. niceilike

niceilike Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal seems to corner the market. They are by far the most widely accepted so its tough to switch to anything else. I agree with you though the fees are riduculous!

niceilike, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, the only thing that Paypal has going for them is that their fees are amongst the lowest in the industry.

Before they came along, other payment processors are charging in access of 10%. I remember about 10 years ago when I sold my software online, I've seen payment processors charging 15 to 25% in service charges. I went to the cheapest option at that time which was Regsoft which was charging only 8.75% which was very low in industrial standard.

Now I am with Plimus and paying on the average between 10 to 15% service charges and I am more than happy to pay for it because I know that if I do not use them, I would not have made the 85 to 90% in the first place and I would probably be begging in the streets.

Best thing to do is not to look at the dollar value but rather how much the parties involved in the transaction, directly or indirectly would benefit you. If they bring in more value than what you pay them for then go for it. In business, it is cooperation and rewarding those who help you.

If you think that you can provide a better or service which is at par with paypal at a lower fees then go for it. But before you do that, ask yourself, are you making more money from your customers than Paypal is making out of you in terms of percentage ? Although your customer is yours, you are paypal's customer in a certain sense.

eddy2099, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  16. Domain4Profits.com

Domain4Profits.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you try google checkout? I have google checkout for sites that are charging over $100 per transaction... and now i use paypal micro-payment option for US businesses. They charge $.05 and 5%.

Domain4Profits.com, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  17. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lorelei, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  18. tztlv

tztlv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you will not find something better than PayPal you might try AlertPay but I prefer PayPal!

tztlv, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  19. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is able to offer lowest fees because they cut down on the security checks processes. Other payment processors like 2checkout do perform pre-checks for irregularities before passing it off to the bank for processing the orders. That probably is why there is such a difference in fees between the processors.

eddy2099, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  20. googlefrog

googlefrog Peon

Best Answers:
    paypal sucks for anything above only small payments.

googlefrog, Aug 22, 2008 IP