1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who do you think does soc media well?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Alfred001, Jul 3, 2017.

Who (whether it be businesses or individuals) do you think uses social media really well? Name which media (Facebook, Instagram etc.) you think they use well.

Alfred001, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Donald Trump seems to have quite a following!

But it all depends on whether you mean from a business. social or political perspective.

Assuming business, as this is an internet marketing forum, it again depends on your niche. How a trendy youth product is marketed on twitter will be very different from how a sombre, serious product is marketed.

What kind of niche are you interested in?

sarahk, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  3. Alfred001

Alfred001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, but he's the president so anything he Tweets will cause a stir, outside of that I don't know whether his use of Twitter is particularly great. I'm not saying celebrities are disqualified, but they have to be doing well because they are using the medium well, not just on account of being famous.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That was a tongue in cheek answer because you hadn't specified what kind of twitter user you were interested in. There are tons of people who do it well and do it very differently - because their approach is tailored to their niche. If you want a better answer then ask a more specific question.

sarahk, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  5. Alfred001

Alfred001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Give me anything. As many as you care to and as many platforms as possible.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Aaah, no, that's not how it works. Are you doing homework or something?

sarahk, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  7. Alfred001

Alfred001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just looking for good examples of social media use, I don't care what area it is in. Film criticism, political commentary, book reviews, I don't care.

Alfred001, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You can probably just hop onto Twitter and look at their recommended follows for starters.

maybe start with these
    but rather than just names, it's probably worthwhile analysing the accounts and looking at what's good and what's not. Particularly with the political accounts where people get very strident.

I engaged in some political threads over the past few days and my Klout rating has soared, much more than it does through measured, sensible posting.

Would I want that associated with a brand I manage, probably not.
    So, while shit stirring works it isn't good for business (IMO). Is "Klout" a reliable measure of business success, probably not.

sarahk, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  9. Blake Hooper

Blake Hooper Peon

Best Answers:
    To name a few, Gary V, Sam Ovens & Patrick Bet David. A lot can be learned from these guys from there content though hacking their strategy will really help you on SM.

Blake Hooper, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  10. Alfred001

Alfred001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me modify my question: Which brands do you think do social media (and which one) well?

Alfred001, Jul 14, 2017 IP