1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who copied who? Earth4energy

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by seg_cost, Sep 23, 2009.

1. blowingideas

blowingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    These guys are rich, because they are taking the issue to their lawyers. :D

blowingideas, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  2. taraff1

taraff1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Was thinking the same thing, Norb...

Seems there's a handful of VERY low post count users in this thread really adding "fuel to the fire"....

Who knows....

taraff1, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  3. nickpeters

nickpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    Sales page aside, all I can say is that the GreenDIYEnergy product is awesome. We have almost every well-known Solar/Wind Power product reviewed and hands-down, the building a solar panel videos from GreenDIYEnergy is the most informative, step-by-step guide for newbies and experienced DIY-fers from start to finish. With other vendors, we feel that the customer is left hanging or not given enough guidance on what to do, what to expect, etc. after going through the videos and PDF manuals. And we don't feel good promoting it widely because of that. As for GreenDIYEnergy, I feel totally comfortable with promoting it - high conversion rate, low refund rate.

I can't wait to view the wind turbine videos!

Just my 2 cents...

Nick

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    nickpeters, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  4. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha. I thought of that too Norb when I saw the original post and how things subsequently unfolded...

rbf738, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  5. Walker

Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing here is staged. I'm glad seg_cost brought this topic up on the forum so i could shed some light on why E4E sales page looks so much like greenDIYenergy.

By the way, as of 5pm MST today, the earth4energy.com website is "offline". I guess someone agreed with me on the copy right issue.

(As a reminder, i tried to settle this issue directly with Drew but he refused to change his text and only copied more of mine, so then we moved forward with legal action.)

Byron

Walker, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  6. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Laugh... Yea... thought I be doing a little to much keyword research. Yea...

rickmci, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  7. Fredby

Fredby Peon

Best Answers:
    I need some popcorn...

Fredby, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  8. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    man and I thought niche choppers were just great interface designers.. and here you are a psychologist too.. lol.. :)

actually I am with you and agree 100% it does seem kind of odd.. btw.. I love your sites you definately have some great graphic designers.

back to the thread topic..

I repeat my original statement that they DO not look identical, infact I just read the copy and its not even the same.

Perhaps Byron you should read 'The Science of Being Rich' by Wallace Wattles as a MAJOR point is this..

'until you remove your consciousness from the competitive plain you will not be successful'

you need to be on the creative plain, not the competitive.

I will say this, the GreenDIY product is very good, finding your download page was very easy with a little looking around and your vids are great so I imagine you should have happy customers.

E4E is still online for me btw.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    2-4-K, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  9. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    its back but the sales page is different

mill123, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  10. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Was down for me, then came back up, now down again.

Walker seems to be legit - looks to me like E4E took the legal action seriously and is scrambling to make changes (probably costing them and their affiliates thousands while the site is down).

dlm, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  11. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

yeah I have been making a few changes here and there today.
    eg: the main title, the color of the recent feedback boxes.

Im not sure what Byron wants me to change so I have just been going through it today.

I kind of wish i took action against those who copied my original sales page when I first went online with E4E. That was much more obvious then whats going on here.

Regarding the quality of E4E, here is one comment we have received by somebody about our new videos:

"Oh my word!!! I am NOT "blowing smoke" to make you feel good, that is simply an amazing video. The production value is off the charts, the content is excellent and it could easily be shown as a TV documentary (it's that good).

I am literally blown away. You did a killer job on this. If the rest of the how-to videos follow this same level of being in-depth and Hollywood-quality, you're going to have an amazing product that nobody else in the market comes close to. It will also make a terrific marketing tool for your sales page and for affiliate tools.

Congrats! I can see that you've been busy and you must have invested a considerable amount of time and money on this."

I am happy to email the link for anybody else to see our video.

Anyway, I think the changes I have made today are quite positive.

Regards,

Drew

Swerd, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  12. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    My lawyer advised me to make any changes to get the site online while this is being sorted. It was either that or keep the site offline for 14 days.

Yes, I'm taking this seriously.

Drew

Swerd, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  13. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I always thought swerd was the first to come up with the idea!! I guess it goes to show if a product is successful people will duplicate it

Patchkaa, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  14. chixco

chixco Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing this will set a precedence for future clickbank products and their competition.

chixco, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  15. Walker

Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry it came down to getting someone's website shut down to stop the tick for tack copying. We did try to do this without attorneys first, but that didn't work.

Regarding:
    I completely agree with you. I hate focusing on this crap. I ignored it for weeks but my IM friends and top affiliates kept insisting i take a stand and stop E4E from doing this. Only then did i go into fight mode. I'd much rather focus on positive things and focus on how i can increase conversions for my affiliates. I welcome competition and have great relationships with everyone else in the niche.

I also hope this sets precedence for other product websites and people think twice before taking ad copy from other sites.

I've seen several people comment that E4E was first to market and that I must have copied him if i'm in the market. I realized that E4E got this niche started, and i respect that. But that doesn't mean that everyone else in the market is "copying" E4E, that isn't how business works. Competition is healthy for business and raises the quality of products and services. Being first to market also doesn't give you the license to violate copy right laws.

Okay, off my soap box now.

Byron Walker

Walker, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  16. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Byron,

This was actually my reply to your first request:
    I don't believe my reply was rude and you didnt reply to me nor make any comment so thought the changes I made solved the problem. As for the "continued copying". I have offered to show you a screen shot of my website optimizer account showing I didnt keep copying your changes.

Anyway, thats all done and dusted now - I have emailed you am waiting for your reply regarding the matter.

The page may or may not be available yet in your area.

Drew

Swerd, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  17. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Drew And Byron, you both are big guys and wasting time in this will not take you anywhere. Hope this issue get sorted out soon..

Best Luck!

Robert25, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  18. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Robert,

We will work on the issue over the next few days to sort it out. I dont believe either of us want to continue bickering.

I'm thinking of the positive - I've learnt something.

Regards,

Drew

Swerd, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  19. pangolin123

pangolin123 Peon

Best Answers:
    My advise is if you are really earning a lot (which I believe you are) , get a professional copywriter to write a powerful sales letter for you. Save you all the trouble..

pangolin123, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  20. Walker

Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, lets move on.

Byron

Walker, Sep 25, 2009 IP