1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who copied who? Earth4energy

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by seg_cost, Sep 23, 2009.

Why does the Earth4energy.com website look so much like the Greendiyenergy.com website? Are these the same company? Does anyone know which one converts better?

seg_cost, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  2. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Definitely Earth4Energy has a high conversion rate..

evelinawilliams007, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  3. gcashhome

gcashhome Peon

Best Answers:
    I will go with Earth4energy. There is always Swerd is from DP here to help us. I dont know if the other guy is also from DP.

gcashhome, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  4. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    E4E was the first and Swerd should receive a medal for being the first publisher to kickstart all these Solar / Wind products..

I am pretty sure they are not the same publisher plus I dont think they look the same either, E4E does have 1 or 2 other green / energy products...

2-4-K, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  5. Walker

Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I’m the owner of GreenDIYenergy.com. A friend told me about this posting, so I’ll respond back directly.

It is funny you ask if we're the same company because I’ve been getting a lot of that lately. No, we are definitely not the same company.

The 2 websites are similar because earth4energy is copying the greenDIYenergy.com site. We have legal copy write documents proving this is our ad copy, images, etc. In fact a formal DMCA take down notice has been filed this week with Google, E4E's hosting company and Clickbank.

We didn't want to take the legal route and even asked (very nicely) for Drew to stop using our ad copy. He agreed to change his website but then he didn't follow through and continued to copy each move we made. So we have now moved forward with legal action. The DMCA is for both the sales page and the "upsell page" which was blatantly copied almost word for word.

I'm all in favor of friendly competition but E4E is copying everything we're doing. We added a new font to our headline last week and it wasn't but 2 days later that E4E copied that too. Copying font isn't a big deal but it just shows how desperate E4E has become to piggy back off of our success.

Despite E4E higher gravity, greenDIYenergy.com sells almost twice what E4E now sells (they just have a lot more smaller affiliates, thus pushing gravity higher).

To answer your question on conversions, I’ll just tell you to split test the 2 offers. We split test them almost every month and greenDIYenergy.com blows away E4E each time, its not even close. We have researched it in depth and know that there isn't a single large affiliate that promotes E4E. Any large affiliate that does over 10 sales a day obviously split tests and we have all of them marketing our product because of the superior conversions. But again, do a split test and you'll see a big difference yourself.

I really hope that E4E stops copying our ad copy and images. I'm sorry it’s come down to legal action but I don't want people to think we're the same company.

Byron Walker
    GreenDIYenergy.com

Walker, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  6. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone in the greenenergy niche looks the same to me. Maybe I should try promoting Green DIY cos I've been promoting E4E since it came out and I've only gotten maybe half a dozen sales. Come to think of it I don't know why I still promote it, prolly cos I bought a domain for the niche. But I wish I could figure out how people promote it to sell it, I thought I had a good plan but it rarely works.

rbf738, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  7. spud5706

spud5706 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well considering GreenDIYenergy.com was created 8 months after earth4energy.com I think its pretty obvious who copied who, im pretty sure swerd didnt get to where he is now by copying your blank domain in those 8 months!

Also there is no way you know how many high level affiliates earth4energy has unless swerd has told you himself which I highly doubt.

spud5706, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  8. marcusio

marcusio Peon

Best Answers:
    would love to see what swerd has to say

marcusio, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  9. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh boy the titles are identical??

petyard, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  10. alex378

alex378 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Swerd..come clarify this s...

alex378, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  11. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen the upsell page but the sales page is different. Yes, the structure is similar and the same copywriting technique has also been used. But you cannot copyright a way of selling.

Otherwise, nobody would have a headline, subheadline, bonus offers, "hometown boy" story or whatever.

I don't know about the upsell page but legal action on the sales page will fail because I don't see any infringement here.

No offence to you, just my tuppence.

rolf, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  12. Walker

Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that writing style can't be an issue with copy write. But we have seen E4E take each new idea we implement on our sales page and copy it tick for tack. Our attorney's felt this would be an easy win based on what they saw. We'll see what happens. So far clickbank and google have responded positively.

Honestly, I just wish E4E would stop copying each new update we make. I don't like taking this approach and would rather just focus on sales.

Also...
    When I launched GreenDIYenergy 6 months ago, there were 6 main competitors in this niche. I managed to make my sales page and product unique from each of these other companies. I'm not sure how entering into a market that already exists is "copying".

Byron

Walker, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  13. LazyMarketer

LazyMarketer Member

Best Answers:
    I remember the old Earth4Energy sales page and it wasn't so impressive, kinda like how HomeMadePowerPlant still is today.

Then E4E recently changed their website and conversions skyrocketed.

I never noticed the similarity to GreenDIY until just now...I always figured that publishers paid someone to do their sites for them, at least the better looking ones.

LazyMarketer, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  14. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know how much these 2 sites are making per day, a ballpark figure and if they have any plans to sell?

chum112, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  15. PixelMedia

PixelMedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I am owner of Energy2Green.com product, I am watching almost every day what's going on in this niche...
    And I can confirm that, E4E is copying every step that Byron (GreenDiyEnergy) is making...

Cheers...

PixelMedia, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  16. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Design wise greendiyenergy has an upper hand.
    But Earth4Energy is considered to be the prime product in this niche.

markov, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  17. PHAZ

PHAZ Guest

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Popcorn Anyone?

PHAZ, Sep 24, 2009 IP
    teapoint likes this.
  18. Walker

Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    When you say "prime product":

If you are referring to the quality of the product itself, GreenDIYenergy blows away E4E. Email me and i'll send you the download link (just mention the DP forum). Our solar product videos are A-1. We just shot another round of videos for wind which should be on the download page within 2 weeks. Real professional. Anyone who has compared the products agrees the product quality is much better with GreenDIYenergy.

I can't wait for Drew to jump in here (although i can't imagine he'll say anything but deny that he is copying greenDIYenergy). We just want him to stop the tick for tack copying.

Byron
    (email me for product download link)

Walker, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  19. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I havent changed the title in ages. I hope your not talking about the shadow on the title? Because I had that before you.

Anyway, it's pointless arguing here, I have forwarded this on to my legal team and won't be dealing directly with the issue. They can sort it out.

Drew

Swerd, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  20. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does it strike anyone else odd that this newbie OP has asked rather perfect specific questions (even good keyw's) in order to now incrementally transition this into a full on recruitment exercise for the competitor?

..jus' sayin'...

NCMedia, Sep 24, 2009 IP