1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

White House Staffer Impersonating The Secret Service

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by nevetS, Jul 29, 2005.

I heard about this on the radio today.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news/article/0,1299,DRMN_3_3963679,00.html

Apparently, at Bush events, volunteers are dressing up like the Secret Service and kicking would be protesters or problem makers out. From the story I heard on the radio (not this article), this is something that happens regularly, although the article points to a single event.

Why is this a problem? Impersonating a Federal Officer is one reason - but it seems that they are refusing to press charges against the guy. I'm more of the mindset that if you want your volunteers to be kicking people out, you should give them "security" t-shirts or something like that and not have them going around pretending they are secret service.

nevetS, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Geez, that crappy site kept sending me popup after popup... I just closed the window

fryman, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  3. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me guess... Haliburton is paying the guy. :rolleyes:

zman, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    nevetS, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    :confused: Actually, I think it was the computer I was using, because I just checked your link again in my house and I dind't get any popups

fryman, Jul 29, 2005 IP