1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

White hat and Black hat in SEO

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hansin Aslam, Aug 15, 2021.

White hat is a computer security expert, who specializes in penetration testing and other testing methodologies that ensure the security of an organization's information systems.[1]Ethical hacking is a term meant to imply a broader category than just penetration testing.
    Black hat hacker is a hacker who violates computer security for their own personal profit or out of malice.
    cr.Wikipedia

Who has more examples for these two things?

Hansin Aslam, Aug 15, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any examples to add, but I do have a question.

What about people that wear green hats, blue hats, yellow hats, sky-blue-pink hats, and so on? How do they fit in this scenario?

mmerlinn, Aug 15, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you've got yourself all confused. Security has nothing to do with SEO. I'm sure in the security field there are white and black hat practices and practitioners but they're completely different to SEO practitioners.

sarahk, Aug 15, 2021 IP
    StaSen and jrbiz like this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And what about those of us that wear tinfoil hats?

Spoiltdiva, Aug 21, 2021 IP
  5. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wear sunshine during day since release of penguine, panda and rank brain algo updates in google search engines.

jaguar34, Aug 21, 2021 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If the owners of tinfoil hats have painted their hats, then they are included in "and so on" of my post. But if they have painted them, to the best of my knowledge, they have not only voided their warrantees but have actually enabled the tinfoil hats to do the OPPOSITE of what they were designed to do.

mmerlinn, Aug 21, 2021 IP
  7. Tech Eyes

Tech Eyes Peon

Best Answers:
    White Hat SEO:

It is a method of search engine optimization that is done by following the guidelines and rules of the search engine and working in this way naturally gives good ranking. If you follow the rules of search engine your website if you optimize then you will get good traffic from search engines or increase visitors.

Black Hat SEO:

It is basically done by breaking the rules of search engine. Many people build links artificially in order to rank faster in search engines.

That is, creating backlinks using different software. People are interested in it because there are thousands of links through such software it can be made in a very short time. And people do this black hat SEO to create and rank more links.

However, if the search engine somehow catches the footprint of these links, then your website will be rejected by the search engine and search engine technology is now much more advanced, which makes it very easy to dismiss such websites. Once again, the websit it is very difficult to re-rank in search engines, in many cases it is not possible.

Tech Eyes, Aug 22, 2021 IP