1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

whis is best way to run directory site

Discussion in 'Directories' started by indiasbull, Oct 20, 2014.

i start web directory site few days back and what i found is

links come like 00000.com/000/jj-55-fdf/dsdd ?
    should i approve links like these ?

or should i aceept only 000.com ?

indiasbull, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  2. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i not sure what you want to say. why don't you give us real sample so we can decide and discuss it.

suwandichen13, Oct 21, 2014 IP
  3. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i mean to say should i add only home page of the website or inner page links too i can add in web directory site ?

gameswala.com/flashgames/angrybirds/angrybirdsabc.htm

indiasbull, Oct 21, 2014 IP
  4. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Can you clarify your concern? It is a bit confusing. Thanks

usemyteam, Oct 21, 2014 IP
  5. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all i can say , edited if it needed. But if people submit gameswala.com/flashgames/angrybirds/angrybirdsabc.htm and you change it to gameswala.com , from professional side customer will disappointed about it even it just free listing. Better if that not fit with your Review policy just reject it. ^.^

suwandichen13, Oct 21, 2014 IP
    indiasbull likes this.
  6. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    As the directory operator, that would be up to you. Many of the better directories accept only top-level domains, but some will consider deep links. Personally, I think it all depends on what the page is. Large websites may have a number of pages that are natural landing pages, and I don't see a problem with considering these as directory listings, especially if the URL ends in a forward slash, able to display an index page rather than a page.html type link. I would examine the submitted page and determine whether it could be a website on its own, complete with subpages. If it only makes sense in relation to the rest of the site, then I wouldn't list it separately. Some directories allow submitters to add a set number of back-links that will be displayed in the listing's detail page, and I don't have a problem with that.

At its core, it's up to you though. If you don't charge anything for submissions, then your only consideration should be whether that link makes your directory more valuable or less. If you charge a submission fee, then you need to determine whether the fee is worth the harm that such links might do to the integrity of your directory. A common error of new directory operators is that they are sometimes so excited about getting paid submissions that they accept anything, and are so afraid of angering submitters that they allow keywords in the title, spammy or heavily keyworded descriptions, and placement in inappropriate categories. What they end up with, in the end, is a directory that people are afraid to have their link in.

badmas and indiasbull like this.
  7. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should post a terms of service policy about what sorts of sites and URLs are acceptable. Make it clear whether you take domain only, subdomains, category or section pages, or single pages. You'll still have a handful of idiots who complain that you didn't take their submission but you can point to your TOS and tell them why they were rejected.

My advice is that you shouldn't accept single pages for a number of reasons. You'll get buried under submissions and your site runs the risk of degrading to a spamfest.

I generally use the domain but I do allow subdomains and shops like Etsy. I also accept category pages but there has to be enough in that category to make it worthwhile to consider a source on that topic.

YMC, Oct 24, 2014 IP
    Mia and indiasbull like this.
  8. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    It would still be working on other forums, blogs and helpful websites that can help increase your website's traffic.

Dario McNut, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  9. SkyWaltz Labs

SkyWaltz Labs Member

Best Answers:
    You should add only home page of the websites according to my analysis.

SkyWaltz Labs, Nov 15, 2014 IP