1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

whick domain is better dot tk or dot co.cc for free domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by shorif, Nov 15, 2010.

1. jlaurier

jlaurier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    both of them may be bad

I started a blog called myfightagainstcandida.co.cc
    I discovered my blog was not indexed in google. Then, i discovered that ALL co.cc domain were not indexed by google. Then i decided to move to dot.tk

So i have setup the same address. It was called myfightagainstcandida.tk. This time, google indexed my website and it appeared in SERP when i typed site:myfightagainstcandida.tk, but then i didn't understand because i didn't get any traffic. So, i tried to type in google the terms: "my fight against candida" which is the title of my blog but my blog didn't appear. I understood Google was also blocking dot.tk... Dot.tk are crawled but pages are not analysed by google. It means you will never find a dot.tk website by entering keywords in google.

The best advice would be... If you want to get indexed someday, invest into a domain name. and if you want to create several websites create subdomain names.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    jlaurier, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  2. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    google reindexed .co.cc again

dlatua, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  3. jlaurier

jlaurier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks dlatuai did a site:.co.cc in google and i found there are all here now.Plus, i have found a co.cc website was registered as an external inbound link in webmaster tool. It means co.cc websites carry page rank to my website. Nevertheless, i have also seen than co.cc changed the way they work, they ask for a $3 fee for business use of a domain name... By the way, dot tk admin once deleted one of my domain name. It was called clubpatriote.tk so as you see it was not a swear word. Plus, there were no content in the website. To give more details about what happened to me. I had this dot tk website (myfightagainstcandida.tk) and when i type an exact phrase from my website like: "One sentence extracted from my website" in google, nothing showed up. It was like a penalty. I know i am not the only one to face this issue. Then, i looked in my webmaster tool account, and i discovered myfightagainstcandida.co.cc was counted as inbound links to my website. I wonder if google bot didn't consider myfightagainstcandida.tk as a copy of myfighagainstcandida.co.cc because the co.cc website didn't contain a 301 redirect but a script instead.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  4. jlaurier

jlaurier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am convinced , some people wonder if it is worth it starting with a free dot tk or dot co cc...
    If your domain name is not that important, go ahead. If you want to have something stable and serious go to a com net and so on.

What i want to say by that is the following. You don't know what can happen with those domain name services. Tomorrow they can be gone. Tomorrow they can delete your domain name ( as they did for me). In 2011, we have seen that google decided to block the indexing of all .co.cc Would it happen to dot. tk too ? What will happen if they go bankrupt ?

if your website is not that important, if you don't want to make a business of your website. That s a good solution.

I don't trust these services anymore. and i see i am not the only one. Normally, those services should suit sport clubs and associations for their domain name. However sport clubs and associations don't register co.cc or dot tk.

I suggest the following.

If you want to get a domain name without ruining yourself buy a cheap .info or .us
    At least you ll be sure nothing will happen to your domain name.

And if you don't have any credit cards, find a domain registry service that accept paypal payment.

5. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You might as well use Blogger as a platform for free website. After you have built up the site, you can pay for custom domain.

scheng1, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  6. Grand webmaster

Grand webmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    From my own experience dot co dot cc is good. Dot tk is only meant for url forwarding.

Grand webmaster, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  7. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    The jury has spoken: co.cc :D

edvvardbrian, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  8. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Both Are bad .
    NO Guarantee .
    Google Deindexed co.cc
    Next is what.

Can't believe on free domain as well on free hosting. Free hosting are always for testing purpose.And the best is co.cc

humtuma, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  9. shorif

shorif Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is better to use .com because there are many limitation in such free domain

shorif, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  10. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good. But some days ago co.cc dindexed from google. So now going with the .tk. Where co.cc is best.

humtuma, Feb 28, 2012 IP