1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which website is best to create readymade shopping cart?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by nrvaghela, Jul 22, 2013.

Planning to start E-Commerce store but I want to collect review of shopping cart providers. Currently in market BigCommerce, Volution and Shopify are one of the best E-Commerce store providers in world. Please share your experience which is best affordable and provide full support.

nrvaghela, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  2. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    All 3 are good to go if it fulfills your requirement.

Make sure to plan your requirements and expectations you may have from your upcoming ecommerce store. Once, you are done, check you requirements with all 3 ecommerce platforms i.e. Bigcommerce, Volusion and Shopify. If any of them will help you in achieving your goal then go ahead with the one. If none of them fulfills your requirement then find alternatives with opensource ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Oscommerce etc.

Then review the complaints with each platform and this way you may conclude to the final one.

sigmainfo, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  3. Tom Webb

Tom Webb Peon

Best Answers:
    We have 8 ecommerce sites all running on wordpress and the Shopp Plug in. It's not all that expensive and works amazingly well.

Tom Webb, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  4. Reed Daw

Reed Daw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I agree with sigmainfo. The best way to go about this is testing each platform. All three have 14/15 day free trials so sample them all out and see which one fits best for your needs.

One of the biggest differences between Volusion/Bigcommerce and Shopify is that Shopify charges 1-2% transaction fees up until a certain plan whereas Volusion/Bigcommerce do not. If anything, type in e-commerce shopping cart review in google, but beware a lot of these are biased due to affiliate marketing.

http://ecommerce-software-review.toptenreviews.com/volusion-review.html
    http://www.thinkecommerce.net/shopify-review
    http://www.cpcstrategy.com/blog/2013/06/bigcommerce-review/

Good Luck!

Reed Daw, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. Matt Cotten

Matt Cotten Member

Best Answers:
    Hello nrvaghela,

Looks like you have made good decision with trying to determine the best hosted shopping cart. It will save you a lot of headaches since it is much easier to work with a company that is the software developer, web host and provides support. The three you have mention are all solid platforms. Reed Saw makes the point that Shopify has those transaction fees. As a ecommerce website designer, I choose Bigcommerce as my platform of choice because you have design control of all the templates. Volusion limits this as you really only have access to global template and have limited control of the category and product layout. Bigcommerce also has a very nice admin interface that is easy to use. I was also impressed with the capabilities of 3Dcart. All have free trials so give them a try.

Matt Cotten, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  6. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you can have your own e-commerce store , why do you have to go for a third party store to sell your things online ?
    I mean , if you can buy a good domain name & webhost , you can develop your own e-commerce store with Wordpress & E-Commerce plugins.
    Ofcourse that will involve some technical knowledge to install & customize the scripts to meet your requirements.
    But once you are done with it , you can start running your store without the intervention of a third party operator.

This is just my suggestions & I'm not opposed to any third party e-commerce stores listed in this thread.

Hope this helps !!

phptechie, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  7. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think for bigcommerce and shopify are good ecommerce solutions. But my recommendation is to get dedicated website if you are willing to go on long term.

ebiztrendz.com, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  8. bandwidth-peter

bandwidth-peter Peon

Best Answers:
    ebiztrendz gave probably the best answer. Bigger sites will eventually want to go with a dedicated server option and have their own box. Smaller sites, however, can benefit from choosing e-commerce shopping carts. They're easy to maintain and are a complete solution for busy owners or people without the technical know-how. If bandwidth is an issue, you can use a web storage service like Amazon S3 that exists to help you store files, but can also be used as a second server to host your files. This is an elementary offload strategy to help you save on bandwidth costs. Sorry for getting a bit advanced!

bandwidth-peter, Jul 29, 2013 IP