1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which web hosts to AVOID?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by electroze, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Max796

Max796 Guest

Best Answers:
    And one can decide to avoid this or that company just having a personal experience.

Max796, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  2. WiroshDW

WiroshDW Peon

Best Answers:
    Another scam web hosting provider is LKWEBHOSTING. I lost two websites recently, they actually stolen my money and website data.

You guys better see the reviews of this site at mywot and other web hosting review sites. They don't have backups, servers are down, no support, etc etc.

True that they have cheap hosting plans but remember, you will get a garbage.

WiroshDW, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Did you actually research the host BEFORE you went with them? That's the problem most people have. They go with the cheapest host they can find, expect "unlimited" everything, but never do any research.

WSWD, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  4. q7m

q7m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    From my experience, the #1 host to avoid is Servage.

I have also had problems with 1&1 (they have bad reviews from many customers).

GoDaddy also had some problems few years ago when trying to install some scripts. It was only good for simple websites without complex coding. Maybe they fixed the problems though.

Hope this helps you to narrow your list of good choices.

q7m, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  5. Sahab

Sahab Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hostso is the worst site ever i have seen in my life, they put my eCommerse business down for 4 days without any prior notification, what kind of server is that? they have no merror HDD to keep the server running when one HDD dies.

I have lost over 40 000USD and they are not responsible, the only answer i got from them was

LiveSupport_t2: Please hold on for a moment, let me check.
    Shahab: what did you do, its died completely again
    LiveSupport_t2: We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Shahab: and?
    LiveSupport_t2: Due to some technical issues we are unable to access server right now
    Shahab: again
    LiveSupport_t2: Our senior admin are working hard on the server
    LiveSupport_t2: We ask for your patience and co-operation at this time, assuring best attention.
    LiveSupport_t2: So please allow us some more time to complete this process

Sahab, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  6. Aviator123

Aviator123 Peon

Best Answers:
    So many review provider companies available on the web so just google for best reviewer then choose which web host company should be avoid that is fit with your budget and plan.

Aviator123, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the review sites out there are either fake (set up by the webhosts themselves) or are paid in commissions/affiliate payouts for their reviews.

WSWD, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  8. jjosephs

jjosephs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    godaddy.com - the shoddiest web hosting service on the planet.

jjosephs, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  9. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just Avoid Hosting site, that have bad reviews, poor customer support, overloaded servers. Always check for the reviews in google before going with a hosting site.

iwebsocial, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  10. electroze

electroze Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recently discovered Web Hosting Pad is the all time worst host I've dealt with. Not only are their servers slow, but when they go down less than 99.9% uptime, they don't compensate people like their 'agreement' says they will. They got on my bad list, because they charged me a full year of service and didn't give me any hosting service at all.

They took down my website when they had a billing problem, which the billing part was soon corrected, but to cover their butt, they claimed my site abused their server- that seems to be an easy way out for them- and never provided proof. When I finally got access to my files, there was no sign of hacking or mysql injection or anything, and traffic levels and bandwidth consumption was lower than previous, so they made it up. So, if you are a, honest, hardworking guy running a legit business trying to put food on the table for your family, they apparently can justify taking down for no reason, and if you try to get their promised compensation for it being down, they will simply say you abused their server. How convenient for them. You can Google Webhostingpad fraud and get all kinds of results saying the same thing. It's a good opportunity for building a class action lawsuit against them. Buyer beware!

electroze, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  11. Quiver

Quiver Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely avoid 1and1 internet at all costs.
    I don't believe I have come across a worse provider.
    First off, they have the cheek to advertise on TV. :eek:
    Their support is absolutely disgusting, beyond belief.
    They're rude, sound as if they're half asleep, and know nothing about the product they're allegedly supporting. When you eventually get fed up and complain to their HQ, you receive nothing back except next month's bill. You ask to cancel and they said it's been cancelled. A few months later you get a debt collection letter. Why? Because you haven't paid your hosting bills when it's allegedly been cancelled (they have contracts). Google 1and1 reviews. Reading them is enough to make anyone want to vomit.
    Here you go: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews151391.html
    I've been a customer myself much to my regret. Never again! :eek:

Quiver, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  12. Densely

Densely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will say donot ever go for ZNET LIVE hosting. They are the worst. I had very bad experience with them around 1 year ago, after that I moved to HG. They will charge you for everything you do (Even if you change your primary hosting domain).

Densely, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  13. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hosting companies which do not provide fully managed hosting services, full 24x7 support, overloading of servers, free hosting etc should be avoided.

King-Servers, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  14. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid those providers who aren't in the business for years, they are likely to scam you.

etc, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  15. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its true that you cannot rely on hundreds of review sites on the internet. Good reviews can be written by company affiliates and bad ones can be written by the rivals. There is however a better way. Instead of referring to reviews one can rely on normal hosting forums and informative sites.

xcesslogic, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  16. deltaruined

deltaruined Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sri Lanka's biggest Scam Web Hosting servies is lkwebservers.com. I have registered two domains so far, actually those were my friends and i suggest them to go with lkwebservers.com. They have suspended those accounts by saying, expired. But i have registered it for 1 year and still 2 months have gone. Contact the person but no reply.

deltaruined, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  17. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I also think Hostgator is not good. But you should choose a web hosting service according to your need and requirement.

Cecil Mah, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  18. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Choosing among the Best Web Hosting Sites can be quite simple once you eliminate the common features that most hosting companies provide with their standard plans. What is important is that you have enough "host" for your needs at the right price. One of the most important considerations is "How Quickly" will a site load? Not the uptime guarantee which they all accurately claim 99.9% uptime.

Cecil Mah, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  19. ICA James

ICA James Member

Best Answers:
    Well nowadays review is the only solution for you. Check the review points beside the hosting, see the comment if having and go for it to buy.

ICA James, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  20. inetwebhost

inetwebhost Member

Best Answers:
    Better to check the reviews of hosts to decide whether to avoid them or no.

inetwebhost, Nov 13, 2015 IP