1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which type of websites generate the most adsense revenue?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ablaye, Aug 8, 2006.

Just wondering. Which type of websites generate the most adsense revenue based on your experience?
    Forums, directories, blogs, portals, myspace, classified ads, dating sites, tutorials, article websites, etc..???

ablaye, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  2. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd rather not even answer this, you shouldn't be making sites becasue they make more AdSense money, you should be making them because you like to topic and the way you can do it. If you want to make tutorials then go and make them regardless of how they do in keyword rankings.

shamess, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  3. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    The ones that get the most traffic.

tlainevool, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    traffic traffic traffic. Content sites (not forums)

1EightT, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  5. Ladyboss

Ladyboss Peon

Best Answers:
    The ones that deliver exactly the content that your web surfers are looking for.

Ladyboss, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, the sites that make the most are often the least usefull. Not good for the web, but i've used such sites to fund long term projects before with great success.

1EightT, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was asking why types of websites generate the most adsense revenue with respect to CTR.
    Of course, a lot of traffic will result in more clicks, but what I really want to know if which types of websites will generate for clicks for the number of visitors you get.

ablaye, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  8. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    You're right Ladyboss. I spoke to quickly when I said it was all about traffic. It's all about targeted traffic. I obsessed about the advertising thing for far too long and I'm finally realizing that traffic is where its at. The AdSense formula is:

Impressions * CTR * RPC

The last two pieces are limited (CTR can't go above 100%, RPC can't go above $100 - Google's cut). The first one is practically unlimited. That's why I recently changed the focus of my blog from strictly ads to ads and traffic.

tlainevool, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  9. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    CTR is a bad way to determine revenue though. If that is the only consideration then forums are DEFINITELY out. Blogs might do well, or other pure content sites.

1EightT, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  10. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    getting targeted traffic good content makes increase income.

chachacallis, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  11. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    If you play around with AdSense and you read these forums, you can soon find ways to get very high CTRs and milk the AdSense system a little bit, even if your traffic is low.

But the "mature" long term solution has to be making a really excellent website. However, I think that would take about a year's work, to really build it up and make it fantastic, full of really good content and with hundreds of backlinks. So, you wouldn't get much money in the short term.

To answer your question, from my experience and from what I've read:

Forums - low return, hard work to get started and established.
    directories - ok return, but needs programming skills.
    blogs - anyone can start one, good return, but you've got to have ideas and opinions and writing skills.
    portals - lots of work but should be good return if you can make it popular.
    myspace - I don't know.
    classified ads - lots of competition, same with dating sites. You should get a very mixed bunch of people coming to your site, so plenty of ad clicks.
    tutorials - good for getting traffic as this is good content. Should get a good return if your ad positions are good and relevant. Hopeless for computer tutorials though as techies don't click on ads. Believe me.
    article websites - similar to blogs and tutorials. Can you write well?

cornetto, Aug 9, 2006 IP
    ablaye likes this.
  12. Mr.Rock

Mr.Rock Peon

Best Answers:
    More Contents and More Traffic... that's it:)

Mr.Rock, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  13. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is the key here. You needs lot of it.

qwestcommunications, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  14. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    traffic is your best way to make $$$$ one day I have 15 thousand uniques and I make $30 another day I have 1 thousand uniques and make $2 lols

their are certian key words that make more money then others eg law related topics are big payers......but why would you want to make a site bassed on law just to get money it will probly fail....

I make sites because I liek the topics...I made a myspace site because I like myspace and I have been a user for like 18 months...I made a rap music videos site because I like rap music videos and I made a advertising site because I do advertising and marketing...also I am working on a zonda site because its my faviourite car...sure adsense money is another target when making my sites but its not my main goal...

Connections, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  15. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Good sites with lots of traffic that display ads that are relevant to the interests of the site visitors, and where the ads are placed as to be convenient and inviting to visitor clicks, and where Google has lots of competitive ad inventory for the site's topic.

stackman, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  16. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this very insightfull comment. So directories may be the way to go for me. Less effort and ok return :D

ablaye, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  17. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anybody know what numbers I should play for the lottery?

factchecker, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  18. Kitarist

Kitarist Peon

Best Answers:
    ahahah :D :D

Kitarist, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  19. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice list and I concur with portals, tutorials, and articles. I look for topics where people are researching and learning about products or services that are expensive. Researchers are busy clicking around to learn so I want them to click on ads where I know businesses are spending money. If you are deciding between a site about icons for AOL Instant Messenger or some product or services used by big business chose the latter if you are interested in revenue.

tbarr60, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  20. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Adsense revenue depends on traffic. Next to it are high paying keywords, place of ads (use google heat chart) and color/font you use for adsense.

The product selling sites earn good revenue, use of more specific keywords brings good results.

Mr_Kumar, Aug 10, 2006 IP