1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which topic is your bread and butter?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ontheweb, May 16, 2006.

1. Jobs.com.sg

Jobs.com.sg Peon

Best Answers:
    Jobsites for mine.

Jobs.com.sg, May 18, 2006 IP
  2. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Magic tricks (card tricks)

AdsenseAddict, May 18, 2006 IP
  3. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you say makes perfect since. However, it is not the case. Most tech people research technology products on the net. While arriving to review sites and information about the subject at hand, they may see offering of information or new products on Adsense and check it out without a second thought. Most techie keywords are pretty valuable so you a very high conversion rate to achieve good earnings.

hextraordinary, May 18, 2006 IP
  4. tweetylover8402

tweetylover8402 Peon

Best Answers:
    The people that really made the bread and butter are not going to give up their niches so easily. *wink*

tweetylover8402, May 18, 2006 IP
  5. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I gave up my niche in this thread. I think $800 in 1 month is pretty darned good income. :confused:

NewToAllThis, May 18, 2006 IP
  6. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    BestWebsites.com.my is getting good earnings from several low-traffic topics as follows:

Insurance topics
    Antiques topics
    Advertising topics

High-traffic pages are as follows:

Yoga
    Dogs
    Cats

High-traffic pages are not generating much income but are able to attract big traffic. With proper "encouragements", visitors are tempted to visit those pages with high-paying keywords.

Some popular topics to generate high traffic:

F1
    A1
    Ronaldinho and other popular foootball
    Leaders,etc
    Idols (McPhee?)

RSS feeds are good for the search engines but are of no interest to me because those pages are filled with Adsense ads of the publishers.

ainmohd, May 18, 2006 IP
  7. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    A number of you did mention Adsense topics, Seniors topics, etc.

It is true that those visiting Adsense pages already knew about guys getting fat piles of money. They are not going to click. If of interest, they will copy the URLs and visit the sites.

Seniors are general good because they will click. Out of pity?

ainmohd, May 18, 2006 IP
  8. ontheweb

ontheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you consider high traffic? Because F1 is interesting.. despite supposedly being one of the biggest sports in the world I've noticed the distribution of traffic isn't very good. Plus, why do all F1 sites have such a low PR? (just look at the official F1 web site for example.. it's only PR7 :)

ontheweb, May 22, 2006 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a question that I would ask about an F1 or any niche: What advertiser could make a lot of money by advertising on this site? For F1 I don't see a whole lot of promise. The visitors are not hot leads for high dollar sales like consulting services from IBM or lawsuits, or financial services.

It's true there is big money in advertising in all forms of racing but they are paying to have there name out there where it is picked up by TV, magazines, newspapers, movies, etc but won't be paying you or me a buck a click.

tbarr60, May 22, 2006 IP
  10. antithesis_98

antithesis_98 Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a good television show and blog as best as you can about it.
    If I watched more television tha I do, I'd create many blogs on different television series.

I did my VH-1 series blog because the person for whom I started it didn't want to continue. My only regret is I waited too long because when it began to earn 30 a day the series ended.
    Bear in mind thugh you need to put in a bit of effort because there are huge sites out there doing the same thing.

I got an edge because I contacted the stars of the show and they replied to me, now I talk to them almost every day by email or by phone so I gained some credibility with readers thereby.

antithesis_98, May 22, 2006 IP
  11. ontheweb

ontheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly! :) Perhaps a spin on this thread would be - which topics should you avoid?

With that said though, F1 can pay ok. Nowhere near as good as financial services, consulting, lawyers etc.. but good enough for part of a site portfolio (especially as it's a topic that I personally enjoy and can actually write good content for).

The thing you want is fanatical fans :) People who'll click on merchandise/clothing ads, tickets to events etc..

ontheweb, May 23, 2006 IP
  12. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just search for highpaying keywords...
    :)

ash1, May 23, 2006 IP
  13. MDeez

MDeez Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not as seasoned as most of the members here but I do have a couple websites. One gets a ton of traffic and not many clicks while another doesn't get the best traffic numbers but has a good CTR. The answer to your question that I see is this in my sites.... People looking for specific answers to their searches are more likely to click through than people just looking for general info.

MDeez, May 23, 2006 IP
  14. ontheweb

ontheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    What topic is the site that doesn't get many clicks if you don't mind me asking? Or, maybe a better question is, is it a forum? Certain styles of web sites can have a great impact on CTR too.

ontheweb, May 25, 2006 IP