1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WHich social networking script is best now?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by samlocalguy, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtadeo

jtadeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Dolphin by Boonex. It's worked out good for me so far and I plan on continuing with it. The most recent version can use clustered servers. I don't know of any other community script in its class that does this. The idea behind it is you can have a tens of thousands of members.

I've heard a lot of good things about phpfox. I worked with it a few times creating mods and troubleshooting but I opted for Dolphin as I preferred it.

jtadeo, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  2. B1gft

B1gft Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is phpfox out of the box script, in other words can you start a social network when you up load it to your host, put on a banner and go, or do you have to do work on it first.
    Also do you have to do work on dolphen.
    Which is more suitable for a guy who dose not know programming and if can help it, do not want to pay a programmer.

B1gft, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  3. samlocalguy

samlocalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is hard to start and manage a Social networking site without a programmer.

samlocalguy, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  4. justim

justim Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking scripts if mature doesnt need any programmer assist.

justim, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  5. B1gft

B1gft Active Member

Best Answers:
    So are you saying that Phpfox is mature, that I would not need a programmer to use it. Its out of the box.

B1gft, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  6. blogsabout

blogsabout Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might even get it installed for free by your hosting company.
    A lot of U.S based hosting companies such as apthost offer free installation of video & social scripts.
    Basically the installation can be a bit tricky, especially if your site supports video upload, then you need to have serveral codecs installed.
    Again, a lot of these hosting companies already have that, and offer to install it.
    So right after you can just log in, and have fun.
    So i did:D

Best of lucks!

blogsabout, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  7. Giorgi

Giorgi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Giorgi, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  8. calson

calson Peon

Best Answers:
    i go for socialengine too

calson, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  9. B1gft

B1gft Active Member

Best Answers:

I had a look at their website, they look ok, nothing special.
    Why do they not show some clients sites, actual real sites.
    Have you a site, that uses this software, if so can I have the link,
    Thanks

B1gft, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  10. jtadeo

jtadeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done some mod work with socialengine. One of my clients/friends originally went for Dolphin but may opt for socialengine now because it may fit his needs better at this time.

I think you need to determine exactly what you want to do. If you really don't need A/V based chat or IM, then I think Dolphin might be overdone for your needs. Dolphin is still maturing as a Web app. I know earlier versions were a nightmare! I still mumble in my sleep on pre 6.1 versions...

When it comes to producing social sites you will most likely need a good combo of designer, developer, programmer and exceptional marketing/PR. I know site owners who try to do it all by themselves but lack the minimum skills and their site does not succeed.

...sip...

jtadeo, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  11. samlocalguy

samlocalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jtadeo is master of Dolphin i think...

samlocalguy, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  12. jtadeo

jtadeo Peon

Best Answers:
    lol well I have been called a Dolphin fan boy :D

I think if you spend enough time on just about anything you'll get pretty good at it.

Aside from that, I think a lot of the scripts mentioned are good. When it comes to making this stuff, site owners need to focus on what it is they are trying to accomplish. I don't think every site needs A/V chat capabilities or IM or a dynamic drawboard so maybe Dolphin might not be the one for *your* needs.

Dolphin today is very different from its previous versions. It's constantly being improved upon and am looking forward to the updated versions.

Next month, I have a gig to mod a site using socialengine, if I get permission I will post the site and you guys can check it out etc...

...sip...

jtadeo, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  13. sanyo

sanyo Member

Best Answers:
    did you ever find the script you were lookin for? if so thats great and if not i would recommend dolphin, i use it myself, you can see it at http://spaceit (dot) net:cool:

sanyo, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  14. carnid

carnid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have also been using Dolphin which I have had little trouble with and would recommend it. There were some small issues in the code I needed to clean up but for the most part their latest release is very stable.

carnid, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  15. SjulyN

SjulyN Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi all! You can also check PG Social networking package. It’s easy to manage and has powerful administration system. I think it’ll be good for niche social networks:)

SjulyN, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  16. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    AbleDating by ABK-Soft is a very good software script. It is so good that there are special people hired to live on the forums like this (Socialnetworker, ilook, etc., just check all their posts) to pour dirt on the software, but what is good, they can not name any facts. All the bugs that were there in 2007 have already been got rid of. There are thousands of sites created with AbleDating, and you can see them at http://www.abledatingsites.com
    There are thousands of rather happy customers, although not of them will ever achive grand success: http://www.abledatingreview.com
    There is a design department that consists of several professional designers http://www.abledating-designs.com and http://www.abkdesign.com
    There is a 3D City department (somewhere in Dania I suppose) that creates 3D City for the software, http://www.3d-city.net
    There is a professional helpcenter that is available at http://abledating.helpserve.com 24/7

And there is a very cool feature in development, called Sitesman: http://www.abk-soft.com/forum/viewtopic.html?t=1536

And there is Socialnetworker and his closest friend ilook who find the fact that both of them have too short cocks a rather good reason to be friends and do their best trying to spoil reputation of a decent software script. Maybe not ideal of course, but VERY good.

KoneyIslander, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  17. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WARNING

Do NOT believe KoneyIslander.
    Its a liar and scammer!!!

See here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...=305517&page=6

post #114 and you can see screenshots and read facts here:

http://www.datingscriptreviews.com/warning-abk-soft

BE AWARE HIS WEBSITE DATINGSOFTWAREREVIEWER.COM = FAKE

It gives all ABK-Soft products 10/10 rating to pump up the sales and scamming people.

DONT BE THE NEXT ONE WHO GET SCAMMED!!!

ilook, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  18. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    ALERT: ilook is a shill, beware!

I am not promoting anything, I just provide links to consider and there is nothing to trust or not trust. And the fact that ilook spends so much time and efforts marking all posts about the software with hysterical shrills and red color tells about the fact that he is paid well for that. The problem is he is not professional flooder and even can not provide any bug lists, which he states are present in the script.

I will continue answering here as soon as there are some real bug lists or other factual material, answering a crazy little shill answering machine seems humiliating for me, let him continue his black pr campaign all alone until he is banned or his balls are eaten.

See you some time, thanks.

KoneyIslander, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  19. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You promote ABK-soft products to scam people.
    Youre a liar.

SEE THE ALREADY POSTED LINK FOR ALL PROVE THAT YOU BELONGS TO THE ABK-SOFT SCAMMER COMPANY

Nice words wont help you out scammer!

ilook, Feb 4, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.