1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Social Media Platform You Should Use!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by o_iSniPe_xX, Aug 13, 2016.

A lot of people wonder what social media platform they should use, so I figured since I had some experience in this, I might share what I do, and tactics on how to get certain things across to people around the world.

The first thing you want to do, is determine who your audience is. Social media really is a huge factor within a business. Depending on who you're targeting, social media isn't even always the key. A lot older people don't even know how to use a computer, let alone know what a tweet is. So what are you looking for? Are you targeting people that are about the age of 15-50? I think that's a decent range for social media. I've seen younger people use social media, and some older people as well too.

Now that you have your target, you're going to need to spread your social media. So what platform should you use? How do you use it, and what's the best way of going about it?

General:

Graphics and content are a HUGE key to anything online. People like to be attracted to things. It catches their eye, then their attention, and goes from there. Did you know they did a study about babies trusting the more attractive people more? Well, think of this the same way. Pages, websites, and accounts that seem more professional, presentable and nice, seem to get a lot of attention. Obviously this doesn't mean they're better, but it gives them an advantage because they look professional and well-grounded. So make sure your graphics are looking good. The other thing is content, this is a HUGE factor as well. You want to engage people. You caught them with the flashy pictures and moving parts on a website, but now you need to back that up. You need to create content specific to what you're giving. People generally don't like being confused or not knowing what's going on. They feel more comfortable and willing when they understand and have something to follow.

Facebook:

Facebook is a great platform to use when you want to get personal. People on Facebook usually have friends, family, and close affiliates added. That being said, you want to target people and make sure they see it. Humans are curious and generally investigate things. That's why people stare at accidents on the side of the road; they are CURIOUS. What does that mean? Well, if one person shares something, their friends, family and close affiliates will see that content. Since they're close, they're going to be curious and most likely check it out as well. That's why most of the phishing that happens on Facebook spreads quickly. They send friends links to phishing websites, and it's just a huge spider web of things going on. There's people of all ages using Facebook. I've seen people who are 12, and people who are almost 70 using Facebook. This is a HUGE platform to get going on and building whatever it is you're trying to build. Go make a page, get some good graphics, and post some good content. Engage with people. Make it personal.

Twitter:

This platform is a little different, because your fan base can be everywhere. Most people on Twitter follow people who they don't know, people they know, and celebrities. This is where you can get them. Posting tweets that relate to people is really good. A lot of people always re-tweet things that relate to their life and needs/wants. So you can tweet about things like that, and add a link to whatever you tweet. Explain in a few words how it would help someone. Engage with people as well, cause Twitter is huge for engaging. People love gettings @'s, and favorites/re-tweets. Let them know that you're interested. Study a little bit about them, and engage. Do this with 50-100 people, and then after that your tweets might start spreading.

Instagram:

This one is pretty huge for younger people most of the time. Also great in general, because let's be honest.... Who doesn't love an awesome picture that looks really cool? Instagram allows you to post interesting things, add filters, and edit images. As well as comment, tag people, and like things. As long as your content is good, people will most likely follow. They want to see more of the great things you have to offer. Think outside the box though; don't go posting pictures of your website and pages online of your products. Take personal pictures of yourself, and oceans, houses, and whatever else might be engaging. You DO NOT need to post pictures of one thing every time. People tend to like varieties, as long as they're good to them. So maybe take an awesome picture of the sky, or a nice car, and tell them you're living the happy life thanks to your company or something.

Conclusion:

Those are MY big three social media sites that I use. Of course there's Pinterest and other ones too, but I like to focus on those three. Another great tip, is to search hash tags that are related to what you're doing, and like peoples content. Sometimes they'll follow back and like your stuff as well. The opportunities are endless with social media, and it's all about how you present yourself, and how you can engage with your targets. You want them to feel like they have a purpose to look at your content, or present something that they might like.

o_iSniPe_xX, Aug 13, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice write up and suggestions o_iSniPe_xX :) You make some interesting observations.

danasurvey, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  3. o_iSniPe_xX

o_iSniPe_xX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks! Soon, I'm going to start making some money online and probably monetizing with social media. I am starting to look into making money online, but haven't started yet. However, one thing I've done, is have really successful and good social media accounts. Very active followers, and nice niches.

o_iSniPe_xX, Aug 14, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck with those future endeavors. Active followers in nice niches can turn into conversions. :)

danasurvey, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  5. Ryan72

Ryan72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah, FB is best platform.

Ryan72, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  6. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's good writing up!
    The idea is good and if we have the social accounts with the good amount of real followers and good engagement then sure it will be getting the profit! So you are in the right path Go ahead...

SEOPearl, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  7. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice writing mate,I enjoyed reading this thread.

Froggys, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  8. yourchatterbox.com

yourchatterbox.com Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think the best social n

yourchatterbox.com, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  9. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All these social platforms are doing really good. Thanks for sharing about them.

karen9999, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  10. manish21thakur

manish21thakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media has become the pillar of online experience. With over 1.55 billion monthly active users, hundred of millions of people are interacting and engaging on Facebook.

manish21thakur, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  11. o_iSniPe_xX

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Instagram being number one, and Facebook right after it. Instagram is only good if you know how to use it.

o_iSniPe_xX, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  12. Yatish Gaba

Yatish Gaba Member

Best Answers:
    I use mainly facebook and google+....

Yatish Gaba, Aug 25, 2016 IP
  13. o_iSniPe_xX

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, Facebook is a big one. Not many people use Google+ as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram though.

o_iSniPe_xX, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  14. YoannaK

YoannaK Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your goals. But I prefer Facebook, maybe because this is the social network I am most familiar with. Besides it is easier for using. I've been using Twitter for a short time and I can say that it is very useful if you want to "follow" what happens at the areas you are interested in.

YoannaK, Oct 3, 2016 IP