1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which should I learn?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Roman, Jul 12, 2005.

?

Which do you use for your sites?

1. PHP

28 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. ASP

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. BOTH

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. OTHER

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    i personally like php... but i work with a lot of commercial enterprise class solutions and a vast majority is based on asp...

daboss, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  2. alpha5th

alpha5th Peon

Best Answers:
    I use PHP. In the beginning because it was easy to get help from the many forums, tutorials etc. As time have passed, I have grown to like it very much.

I don't think I've had a problem yet. Where I could not find the answer or a partial answer by doing a quick search on G or a forum.

alpha5th, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  3. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    Not to mention the money. PHP does have the minor advantage that it's free.

jimrthy, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  4. Wizard

Wizard Member

Best Answers:
    I have been fortunate enough to use both PHP and ASP.Net in commercial settings (getting paid for coding) and both have their pros and cons.

However, if I were to concentrate on one, and was hoping to make it part of my career, I would choose the Microsoft path. I have been in the IT for years and see there is more demand and higher salaries for .Net programmers.

The last place I worked for was a survey company for HR departments across the US and I had access to accurate data for the web programming area, and the Microsoft related jobs always paid higher than the PHP jobs.

Wizard, Jul 26, 2005 IP