1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which SEO technique is most important?

Discussion in 'Google' started by sawanbatahan, May 18, 2010.

1. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Car insurance comparison brought up carinsurancecomparison.com - Here is what I got with seoquake for firefox. PR3 Google Index 0 Google links 0 Links Internal 12 (2) External 0

So unless the bar is telling me something wrong...its always a possibility that its malfunctioning. This could be the site your looking for.

gvannorman, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  2. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We both know it's hard (though possible) to get even indexed without any backlinks. I just wanted to show an example that by today backlinks are not all and onpage optimization is really underestimated by many webmasters. Compare the links of the competition in my example and you will see what I mean.

monfis, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  3. smase

smase Member

Best Answers:
    fresh unique content is the best

smase, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  4. Hermawan.Solihin

Hermawan.Solihin Peon

Best Answers:
    I Would say...keyword. Keyword is essential to your website

Hermawan.Solihin, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  5. linkbuilder85

linkbuilder85 Peon

Best Answers:
    @smase - according to what Matt Cutts said , fresh content is important only in terms of potential to bring you links. And one more thing. If you are first to write about any topic then for sure you are more likely to appear high.

The conlusion is freshness of content in terms of seo does not mean you have to post 3 articles a week. It means you should wirte about news in your niche or even let say "produce" news or investigate new topics.

linkbuilder85, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  6. josephmwangi100

josephmwangi100 Peon

Best Answers:
    The easiest SEO tactic with the highest return is making relevant Title Tags

josephmwangi100, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  7. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    main thing site should have enough information which landing page are their and 2nd need to build link for that information, keyword.

newlogo, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  8. Dhuruvan

Dhuruvan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, if u have a good content in ur website that could bring traffic to your site with small amount of link building activity.. Im being tacking google algorithm's changes but this technique will work for until google changes its core algorithm

All the best

Dhuruvan, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  9. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    All techniques weather on page or off page seo, are very important especially when done accordingly and properly. SEO is continue and long process and patience will also be important.

crudeexperts, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  10. disuza.jonny

disuza.jonny Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is most important but side by side if you doing directory submission , blog comment and forum participation it will have a positive effect in your seo project.

disuza.jonny, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  11. disuza.jonny

disuza.jonny Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is most important but side by side if you doing directory submission , blog comment and forum participation it will have a positive effect in your seo project.

disuza.jonny, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  12. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    Monfis,
    I understand your point and I can agree, I just somehow read your statement as really distorting what was really said. Thanks for clarifying it.

And gvannorman, good find. I'm shocked a site like that was found in the insurance niche, I guess backlinks aren't as mighty as I originally thought.

tyler_durden, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  13. karthickji

karthickji Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.

karthickji, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  14. kbdunn

kbdunn Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you need to focus on more than "unique content." Its important to make sure the content is marketable, that is specifically catered to the niche you are working in. This makes it a lot easier to build links to whatever you produce if you know there is a core audience who is willing to talk/link about it.

kbdunn, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  15. webydavid

webydavid Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Building and Fresh Content are more important comparatively.

webydavid, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  16. Nick66

Nick66 Peon

Best Answers:
    The search engines are trying to build a wider, informed picture of your website’s relevance and importance, and anything you do to enhance that will help to improve your search engine ranking position.
    Offsite search engine optimization should be pursued as vigorously as onsite optimization.
    Offsite SEO it simply the tailoring of all those environmental factors that are not part of the page structure and content.
    A domain name that includes keywords in the title will be viewed as being more relevant to that topic.
    Time is one of the most important considerations. Search engines assume that if a website is new it will not hold the same depth and variety of content as one that has been in existence for a long time.
    The change that takes place as you replace or upgrade the content is a bonus. A website that is regularly maintained will be viewed as one that has relevant and up to date content. It is important that you make changes frequently.
    A website that only has a few pages will be viewed as one that has little depth of content. Once you have launched your site, add new pages to it regularly.
    A website’s ‘page rank’ is a function of the number of other sites that link to it. One of the most important indicators of the relevance and importance of your website is the number of external sites that deem it to be worthy of linking to. There is greater benefit where linking sites have similar visitors and subject matter. The number of links should grow naturally. Too many links appearing at once will look dubious to search engines.

Nick66, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  17. davidbrim

davidbrim Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword research is the cornerstone of SEO- that will fuel both on page SEO and Off Page SEO (link building) efforts.

After that...

On page SEO- optimizing title tags, search friendly code, url structure, etc
    Then quality back links for sure

davidbrim, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  18. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Incoming link to your site is another very important SEO techniques that you should bear in mind.

crudeexperts, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  19. X13

X13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    keyword > content > links > directory submits.

X13, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  20. Eola

Eola Guest

Best Answers:
    Important one - keyword research. And choosing a good keyword research tool of course ;)

Eola, Jul 30, 2010 IP