1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which religion is the Oldest religion in the world?!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Antology, Oct 4, 2009.

1. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you obviously make the assumption humans arrived when the planet did. Now you will have debate evolution :)

akdiver, Oct 6, 2009 IP
    Mia likes this.
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No it is 10000 years old, that's the point.

You don't attack me for it because you can't, on the grounds that mine is based on factual evidence and yours on some primitive little creation myth from the bronze age. See the difference?

Do you not see how that is illogical? You come to a conclusion and then deny everything that would suggest you are wrong.

You don't understand carbon dating. Whats funny is you think someone with your obviously substandard level of education have found such an emourmous error in carbon dating that to worlds geniusus have missed. That actually makes me laugh. Like you expect to say soemthing as facile as "dur we don't know where the beginning is durr" and expect the great scientists of the world to spring to thier feet and shout "holy shit, the kid with the lolly pop and propeller on his cap is right!"

Why would you need to know where "the begining is" to extrapolate time from the rate of decay?

If i know, for a fact, that a car has been driving at a constant 10 mph why would i need to know where it started to determine how far it had driven?

All you do with every post is reveal the level of ignorance we are dealing with.

And gravetational theory explains the law, like it said.

lmao you really are clueless. You state a flat out lie then post a link to an article which is no way supports it.

A nice man has explained the difference using words you people can understand, sorry there are no pictures.

Theories don't become laws. Theories EXPLAIN laws.

Well you think the universe is 6000 years old, a child could see that you are wrong, and embarrasingly enough have a better grasp of science than you obviously have.

lol good one, coming from the guy who believes the earth is 6000 years old on the grounds that he was "told it at school".

I'm getting pretty bored of this thread, i really do think you have something wrong with you. I mean, you know you are wrong, even if by the virtue of the fact that none of what you say makes any sense, but what really troubles me is your willingness to humiliate yourself publicly in the defence of something you know is wrong. not just wrong, but flat out rediculous. Have you no dignity?

I mean this shit shouldn't be "discussed" on a forum. This is the kind of primitive bollocks you should scream at people from a street corner while selling penciles from a cup.

The thing that worries me is when someone like me, someone who is obviously far better educated that you, discusses this stuff it actually gives your primitive desert myth credibility. It's the equivolent of me debating you on whether there are monsters under your bed or not.

stOx, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No. How did you arrive at that conclusion? God made the Heavens and the Earth first. Man came later.

Mia, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  4. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because the age of the earth being 6000 years old was worked out by the ages of biblical figures. Or do you simply mean Man came a few days later?

akdiver, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I do not know when exactly many arrived. I'd imagine it was after the Heavens and Earth were created, not before.

Mia, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well the age of the earth was extrapolated from the ages of people in the bible, so if you are concluding that the universe is 6000 years old you'd also have to conclude that humans arived straight away.

Funny how not only have you failed to understand my reasoning you have also failed to understand your own. This is the level we are dealing with. Not only do we have to hold your hand and walk you through out arguments, we also have to walk you through your own. What a pitifully tragic position you are in.

stOx, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  7. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Antology

People are born with the infrastructure required to believe in god already set up in their brain. Religion is a by-product of the complex cognitive abilities of our brain, and some theories even classify religion as an evolutionary adaptation.

Therefore, religions existed always, in thousands of variants, anytime, anywhere where people are. People invent religions gods and prophets by their nature.

So basically, the oldest religion in the world is unknown: people had religions before they could write. If nothing is written, we can never know that it happened, can't we? :eek:

The oldest ("extinct") religion I have ever heard of can be seen in this magnificent place in Ireland which I visited. But this was certainly not the first....

And if you mean the oldest religion which still exist today: under the conventional definition of the word "religion", the oldest surviving religion is Hinduism.

ChaosTrivia, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  8. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mia, the steam engine is over 500 years old.

Knowledge does get lost.

We weren't the first.

Won't be the last.

Cut off a mile of the earth's upper crust to start getting at the tumultuously dynamic history of this planet.

Traditione, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  9. Gnoc

Gnoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what come first ? Egg or the Hen ?

I think this kind of mysterious things are out of our thinking scope .

Gnoc, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  10. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    Nothing is out of our thinking scope.
    Not only that we are allowed to think: we must think on everything, anytime.

Only people who can't/are afraid to think claim that there are things that are beyond our ability to understand - oh yeah, these are the religious people.

Making bottom-line conclusions on things that we are far from even starting to understand should be out of the question, but unfortunately it isn't: they call it - religions.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    ChaosTrivia, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  11. Traditione

Best Answers:
    Because science always follows the scientific method by allowing all possibilities to exist before any evidence is given to prove it conclusively otherwise.

...Modern science, a religion unto itself based on the faith of the "experts" (our new priests).

Why do you think today eggs are good for you, tomorrow they are bad, the following week you should have them with every breakfast?

Science is full of hypocrisy.

They state ethers cannot enter inanimate objects to create life, but state that the first life had to be from inorganic sources. Science states that only organic life begets organic life, so how is it possible to have the first cause of life be inorganic?

It is only possible if certain scientific laws/"facts" are refuted and shown to be what they truly are: hasty conclusions based on the hope of prestige and recognition.

The first scientists were priests, don't forget that.

Only the initiates of the most basic religious schools don't understand the scientific mind behind the Mysteries.

If it sounds like a children's story, that's because you're reading it with such a mind.

Traditione, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the egg, obviously. Even a passing familiarity with evolution would show you this.

stOx, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  13. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    You have a thing or two to learn about modern science and its philosophy, obviously :)

Care to share a couple of wikipedia links pointing to "the first scientists"? seems that I have forgotten all about them, shame on me.....

14. Traditione

Best Answers:
    I'm waiting for anyone to present their own views, I'm a little tired of playing answer-smith to everyone.

I have been loving the PMs though :) seems that the intellectuals don't like to get themselves dirty here, very understandable from what I've seen from this lot.

Kerothen Philoi Aei

Traditione, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  15. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know there were skeletons found that were buried during the time of neanderthal man that could indicate a belief of an afterlife.

eric8476, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  16. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    I must admit, I didn't expect that many wikipedia links to priests who were "the first scientists", such great people of whom I forgot all about.
    Thank you.

17. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hence the just kdiding, seems you don't read posts all the way.

As for the black, you are mistaken, it is the ABSENCE of LIGHT.

Also black being a color depends on your context of the word such as black cat it would be considered a color, or black font would be a color, etc.

Stroh, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, I concluded, I do not know. Why is that answer so difficult for you to understand?

In other words you are mad because you have not convince me that your opinion is fact? That my friend is what is pathetic.

Mia, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So what are you claiming is 6000 years old? Think carefully before answering because how badly this comes back to bite you on the ass depends entirely on whatever fatuous, flawed reasoning you decide to cower behind.

stOx, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

The earth. Have you not been listening?

Mia, Oct 9, 2009 IP